PDA

View Full Version : First time out with the D4


Barry Williams
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I thought I would share our first impression with our new car with you.

Last weekend at Talywain, Greg (my son) ran a Hot Bodies Worlds Edition D4 for the first time, a bit daunting running a new car at a National, but this is a brief description of how we got on.
We got the car last Wednesday giving me two nights to build it before setting off on Friday for Welsh Wales. All I can say is that the car is very very impressive, the first time it was run (apart from a quick blast on the field on Saturday night) was on the Sunday. Greg qualified 8th in the E final (his best ever qualifying at a national) & was lying a strong fourth until another car accidentally landed on top of him damaging his front shocker, still ran round carefully to finish 9th.

Overall first impression is that the car was a very well made piece of kit, easy to build & went around the track really well, especially for the first time out. We built & ran the car exactly as the kit set up apart from 40wt oil in the front shockers.
When i asked Greg what he thought of the car he said one word "Awesome".

I would highly recommend this car to anyone as a top car straight out of the box.

Big thanks to Adam & Lindsay Skelding for there help & advice over the weekend, much appreciated.

Barry

jimmy
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Good to head Greg got on with it Barry - I saw him struggling a bit with the XX4 so good to see he's got a modern machine now! :thumbsup:

Northy
03-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Shell looked ACE too :thumbsup:

G

ben
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Good to hear he's back on form Barry. :thumbsup:
Good luck for the rest of the season aswell

Barry Williams
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Shell looked ACE too :thumbsup:

G

Sorry G, forgot to give it back to you (oops) will bring it to York regional, many thanks for the loan, should have one in Gregs colours before long

Barry

jim76
03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
thought it was lapping a bit quick to be G driving!! :-)

telboy
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Congrats to Gregg, looked a lot happier than the last national.

Just wait for the 2wd!:thumbsup:

Bet he's looking forward to the next one now.


Shame I couldn't have done better really. lol. I was well ashamed of my performance. Car was great, driver had melt down in ability I think.:lol:

ben
03-06-2008, 10:11 PM
thought it was lapping a bit quick to be G driving!! :-)

OWWWWW :lol:

True though :p

Yardeeee
04-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Cool... I never knew you guys had come on board... potentially the best up and coming racer in the UK and he's using a D4, nice 1!

If you need any additional advice or whatever give us a shout, although if Adam has your back then you're in good hands.

Well done on your first run out and I wish you well for future races.

Tom Y.