View Full Version : Is there such a thing as an aftermarket 8-32 socket wrench?
NSDie
06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
What size of aftermarket socket wrench you guys use for the associated 8-32 wheel locknut. I am getting tired of using the plastic moulded wrench supplied by the kit. I tried seaching for it at my local online store but to no avail.
Chris Doughty
06-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I use the AE factory team drivers and socket tools, they are great!
Darren Boyle
06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
You wont find a 8-32 wrench since 8-32 is the nut size (no.8 size and 32 threads per inch - imperial!) when you buy a nut driver it is rated as its overall size across flat to flat (if that makes sense) so it is a 10/32 (of an inch) size nut driver.
I hope that makes sense. since even I struggle to grasp what I have typed and I wrote it!!!
sosidge
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I haven't used it for a long time but the one I have in my pitbox for a US wheel nut is 11/32", not 10/32" (which would be called a 5/16" anyway).
Darren Boyle
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I haven't used it for a long time but the one I have in my pitbox for a US wheel nut is 11/32", not 10/32" (which would be called a 5/16" anyway).
Yep that is the right size but Yokomo, Mgaic and Fastrax all call it a 10-32 wrench ????? But teh size is 11/32 when you measure it
NSDie
06-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. Found a 11/32 socket driver online and just ordered it. Can't wait to melt that stupid moulded plastic tool in the oven!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.