PDA

View Full Version : 1/10 Touring: (Strong) Spoke wheel options


Origineelreclamebord
01-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently got a touring car again for winter driving/training locally (on deserted stretches of tarmac). I got a set of Sorex 28 tires with it which is on a set of dish wheels.

As I will be putting on a scale touring car body though, I want some more realistic wheels - preferably 5 to 12 single spokes (no 'Y-spoke' or 'double spoke' stuff).

For the best fitting wheels for the looks I should go to Tamiya... However, I recall these wheels chip VERY quickly if they get too close to the tarmac and easily get out of shape too (made of polystyrene?) whereas any racing wheel I've seen so far clearly is a lot tougher (I'm guessing they're all nylon).

So, I'm looking for options that may combine these two. So far I found the following alternatives:

1. http://www.rcmart.com/team-sorex-sw501-5spoke-white-wheel-p-10241.html?cPath=35_370
2. Cutting triangles out of the wheels myself to make spoked rims (Time consuming and requires precision to keep a balanced wheel... but probably do-able).

Do you know of other brands that supply spoke type racing wheels? :eh?:

Robbiejuk
01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently got a touring car again for winter driving/training locally (on deserted stretches of tarmac). I got a set of Sorex 28 tires with it which is on a set of dish wheels.

As I will be putting on a scale touring car body though, I want some more realistic wheels - preferably 5 to 12 single spokes (no 'Y-spoke' or 'double spoke' stuff).

For the best fitting wheels for the looks I should go to Tamiya... However, I recall these wheels chip VERY quickly if they get too close to the tarmac and easily get out of shape too (made of polystyrene?) whereas any racing wheel I've seen so far clearly is a lot tougher (I'm guessing they're all nylon).

So, I'm looking for options that may combine these two. So far I found the following alternatives:

1. http://www.rcmart.com/team-sorex-sw501-5spoke-white-wheel-p-10241.html?cPath=35_370
2. Cutting triangles out of the wheels myself to make spoked rims (Time consuming and requires precision to keep a balanced wheel... but probably do-able).

Do you know of other brands that supply spoke type racing wheels? :eh?:

Try JC Racing, They do pretty much any style of spoked wheels, even nasty three spokes. They do them in multiple colours to. They are listed on their website so I am assuming they still manufacture them.

http://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/products/

Be much easier than cutting your own wheels out...

beale
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/New_Cars_and_Parts/subcategory/Mi1/templateid/12/searchbox7/1-10_Touring_Wheels.html

12mm hex fitting

buggy#0
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Hpi do loads, every style and color you could imagine.

Origineelreclamebord
02-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

I did a bit of searching and found a very nice model in the HPI line - very close to the Tamiya one I was looking at earlier - and found it to be a nylon wheel. Sweet! :)