PDA

View Full Version : China Internet Access


welshmerlin
04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm in China for first time and using hotel WiFi can't access Facebook, Twitter and Google! Is it blocked here? If yes, is there a way around the block?

JCJC
04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I am pretty sure its blocked.

welshmerlin
04-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Hmm so Oople only for 4 days! Lol

JCJC
04-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Will have to feed you loads of subversive stuff......... China, nice - wish I were there, have fun

neallewis
04-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Get hold of TOR, install it and use the browser it gives you. It will bypass any filtering and censorship in China.

https://www.torproject.org

this website may also be blocked in China, so you may need to get someone to send it to you, or host it for download, or have it on your machine before you go!

MatJohnson
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Try and find a proxy server in the USA or EU, set your connection to use that

StevenBest
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Hmm so Oople only for 4 days! Lol

I thought you were always on oople anyway!:woot: