View Full Version : Show us your B44.2!
gazhillAE
08-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Alright guys
Finished the build today after waiting over a week for numerous bits!
Servo needs connecting I know not had time today!
Any questions just ask!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/BBF4BA31-F6DE-4F60-8BB9-DA71A94CD11D-6181-000005C8CD3F99FC.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/4A9E4359-DD06-4ABB-A140-81F0B4B458DE-6181-000005C8F5DB8CE9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/1CB11A75-4873-495A-8CB9-F95337FCD8A2-6181-000005C9A7015377.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/D1BCBF1A-427F-4236-BA14-21D3601489AE-6181-000005C99B30AFF0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/AF054DB1-29FD-489B-8FAB-77335A18AD13-6181-000005C98DD0CA01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/616A0C86-E411-4796-931A-244FCBF5B7EC-6181-000005C92F6397C5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/75ACF0AB-4003-4782-BB0B-1A8B302C4E70-6181-000005C90636DC87.jpg
Northy
08-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Any questions just ask!
How fast does it go Mr? :confused::confused:
Any questions just ask!
Does it do wheel spins?
Hpi_guy
08-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Not sure if I like the plastic battery straps, needs Carbon
gazhillAE
08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Not sure if I like the plastic battery straps, needs Carbon
Northy! Haha hopefully faster than the old one!
I've got the carbon straps/cradles to try if I need them but these plastic ones are ace!
styleone
08-11-2012, 08:35 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks cooooool
Alright guys
Finished the build today after waiting over a week for numerous bits!
Servo needs connecting I know not had time today!
Any questions just ask!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/BBF4BA31-F6DE-4F60-8BB9-DA71A94CD11D-6181-000005C8CD3F99FC.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/4A9E4359-DD06-4ABB-A140-81F0B4B458DE-6181-000005C8F5DB8CE9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/1CB11A75-4873-495A-8CB9-F95337FCD8A2-6181-000005C9A7015377.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/D1BCBF1A-427F-4236-BA14-21D3601489AE-6181-000005C99B30AFF0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/AF054DB1-29FD-489B-8FAB-77335A18AD13-6181-000005C98DD0CA01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/616A0C86-E411-4796-931A-244FCBF5B7EC-6181-000005C92F6397C5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/75ACF0AB-4003-4782-BB0B-1A8B302C4E70-6181-000005C90636DC87.jpg
danmurphy
08-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Any questions just ask!
What brand of varnish do you use on your floor boards? :p
gazhillAE
08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
What brand of varnish do you use on your floor boards? :p
Not my house :p
danDanEFC
08-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Any questions just ask!
Are you really Rylands biggest fan?
Spencer Mulcahy
08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Not my house :p
Who you burgling then?
Timee80
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
will you report back on the .2 Gaz when youve had chance to run it and let us all know if it actually feels any better? Anyone else already compared the 2?
gazhillAE
08-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Are you really Rylands biggest fan?
Very funny!!!!!!!!!!!
Been speaking to Aidan have you!!
Haha you are Aidan!!!!!!
danmurphy
08-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Not my house :p
Hobo :D
Lee1972
08-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Now that you've got your new toy are you getting rid of your Vega Gen 2 :thumbsup:
dMITIj
09-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Nice looking car, im in the middle of my build of this car :wub
were didt you get the white ball cups from?
Best Regards.
Lobben
09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41770877/_DSC4062.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41770877/_DSC4061.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41770877/_DSC4063.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41770877/_DSC4060.JPG
No time for a fancy paint job :p
Howler
09-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Also no time for a fancy paint job:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-thYHx3aSLB4/UJiwHYkq1dI/AAAAAAAAAM4/xsECWK-mgvc/s901/2012-11-05
feniks
12-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I have tested mine on the indoor EIR track in belgium yesterday.
build like the manual only longer camberlinks in the front. cutted the tyers the same like on my B44.1 . result no griprolls and feld good like it was . I wanted it more alive and dropt oil 5 wt and went to 1.5 hole's pistons . it seems a lot calmer and has a bigger sweet spot . for the avarage driver this is a good step forward . dont now if its faster . that will be a answer I will be able to give after the race at this track next weekend .
lcpvcce
12-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Alright guys
Finished the build today after waiting over a week for numerous bits!
Servo needs connecting I know not had time today!
Any questions just ask!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/BBF4BA31-F6DE-4F60-8BB9-DA71A94CD11D-6181-000005C8CD3F99FC.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/4A9E4359-DD06-4ABB-A140-81F0B4B458DE-6181-000005C8F5DB8CE9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/1CB11A75-4873-495A-8CB9-F95337FCD8A2-6181-000005C9A7015377.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/D1BCBF1A-427F-4236-BA14-21D3601489AE-6181-000005C99B30AFF0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/AF054DB1-29FD-489B-8FAB-77335A18AD13-6181-000005C98DD0CA01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/616A0C86-E411-4796-931A-244FCBF5B7EC-6181-000005C92F6397C5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/75ACF0AB-4003-4782-BB0B-1A8B302C4E70-6181-000005C90636DC87.jpg
Black is better ..................:thumbsup:
cutting42
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
This is not mine, but is a very sad sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3Ux2Tvmn0
Burty248
12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
This is not mine, but is a very sad sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3Ux2Tvmn0
:( its stuff like that which makes me watch my lipos like criminals when charging. Scary.
neallewis
12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
He said it was a new charger... I'd bet he did something wrong.
gazhillAE
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Small modification I've done to help with meshing!
Much easier using this as per the b44.1!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/D6E43E82-528E-4CD6-9DDF-9750CF94F35C-2853-000001DD543196FA.jpg
Chrislong
13-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Alright guys
Finished the build today after waiting over a week for numerous bits!
Servo needs connecting I know not had time today!
Any questions just ask!
Good work!
But needs a black wing imo
How about a scotch brighted wing? Easy to do and lasts.
When I used white or black wings, I carried an aerosol always and just sneaked off to blow over them if paint flaked. :lol:
gazhillAE
13-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Lmao!
I've been using black wings for 2 years I hate them!
Reasons being:-
The paint scratches too easy
You can't see where to ream the holes!
They look cheap after one race!
Plus I have to wait for them to he sprayed of mr Parker!
But I do agree!!!!
wezzer
13-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Nice looking car, im in the middle of my build of this car :wub
were didt you get the white ball cups from?
Best Regards.
http://cmldistribution-uk.shptron.com/home/search/745.0.4.3?q=rpm733
gazhillAE
13-11-2012, 10:30 AM
http://cmldistribution-uk.shptron.com/home/search/745.0.4.3?q=rpm733
What are you like :woot:
White all day!
Mike Parker
13-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Looking pimp Gaz :) i'll have a butchers if you're at chadderton sunday fella
Jamie B4
13-11-2012, 03:05 PM
whats the mod you've done Gaz cant see very well on work computer
Tell us details!!
Chrislong
13-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Top of spur gear cover neatly removed, so can thumb the spur to check mesh.
Small modification I've done to help with meshing!
Much easier using this as per the b44.1!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/hillgm/D6E43E82-528E-4CD6-9DDF-9750CF94F35C-2853-000001DD543196FA.jpg
Here are the after pics... the previous pics show it unhacked.
Neat job Gaz, but knowing you - watch out for that flat spot on the spur gear ha ha ha. :lol: :p
Gazzabruv105
16-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Still waiting for mine from MB Models. This is my first 1/10 racing buggy. For those that already have them, how ate you finding them and how are they compared to the B44.1. Can't wait to get started on building this. Hope i have made a good choice.
What's spares would you advise on getting tho. So far heard that FT ball cups are brittle and need replacing.
gazhillAE
16-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Still waiting for mine from MB Models. This is my first 1/10 racing buggy. For those that already have them, how ate you finding them and how are they compared to the B44.1. Can't wait to get started on building this. Hope i have made a good choice.
What's spares would you advise on getting tho. So far heard that FT ball cups are brittle and need replacing.
Good choice definetly the best as I'm sure 2013 season will show
Easy build just take your time if your new to it
The screws that go into the alloy black front brace may not go in well take your time they won't need to come out again!
Spares wise they don't break unless you can't drive!
Or unless someone else can't drive!
Make sure you have a front roll bar
Shock bottoms (I've done a few of these, the bits that screw onto shock shafts)
Front tower
Rear tower
Front arms
Rear arms (possibly)
That's about it obviously this list will get bigger if your a club racer.
Any help give me a shout il help
Gazzabruv105
16-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Good choice definetly the best as I'm sure 2013 season will show
Easy build just take your time if your new to it
The screws that go into the alloy black front brace may not go in well take your time they won't need to come out again!
Spares wise they don't break unless you can't drive!
Or unless someone else can't drive!
Make sure you have a front roll bar
Shock bottoms (I've done a few of these, the bits that screw onto shock shafts)
Front tower
Rear tower
Front arms
Rear arms (possibly)
That's about it obviously this list will get bigger if your a club racer.
Any help give me a shout il help
Thanks for the advice.:)
The spares that you mentioned, are they the ones that currently fit on the B44.1 or will I need to wait for the B44.2 spares. Also, does the kit come with wheels but no tyres. The reason I ask is that the club I am joining run Schumacher mini pins or Balistas and I am not sure if the wheels are a standard size or do I need to buy a set size for the B44.2.
Sorry if my questions are typically new boy stuff. I'm sure I will get the hang of all thos once I'm up and running but wanted to get the stuff all ready to go asap.
gazhillAE
16-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the advice.:)
The spares that you mentioned, are they the ones that currently fit on the B44.1 or will I need to wait for the B44.2 spares. Also, does the kit come with wheels but no tyres. The reason I ask is that the club I am joining run Schumacher mini pins or Balistas and I am not sure if the wheels are a standard size or do I need to buy a set size for the B44.2.
Sorry if my questions are typically new boy stuff. I'm sure I will get the hang of all thos once I'm up and running but wanted to get the stuff all ready to go asap.
Wheels in kit are spot on
Mini pins will fit fine hard inserts if on carpet in front and slightly softer in rear !
You will have to wait ideally for b44.2 towers better
Make sure you buy hex wheels in future in rear
Gaz
corkyjohnson75
16-11-2012, 06:16 PM
This is not mine, but is a very sad sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3Ux2Tvmn0
That is frightening .
joker
16-11-2012, 06:44 PM
This is not mine, but is a very sad sight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3Ux2Tvmn0
thats why you should always use a lipo bag!
Ron Burgundy
23-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Hey guys, has anyone got a setup for a b44.2 (or.1) seeing so new, for high traction carpet?
Cheers! Ill post pics of the new .2 soon! :)
gazhillAE
23-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, has anyone got a setup for a b44.2 (or.1) seeing so new, for high traction carpet?
Cheers! Ill post pics of the new .2 soon! :)
Mini pins all round
Go onto petite setup site under b44.1
My southport dry setup should work, you may want 2 spacers under each front ball stud try both.
You can also try Paul Bradby petite race 2011
Both very similar
With new big bores I'd run same oil 45/35 but run stiffer springs than kit possibly. Yellow/red front maybe and about 2.20 rear springs can't remember colour. All depends on track and jumps etc. You could run black or green rears also
Slightly softer
Any questions give me a shout.
Ron Burgundy
23-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Cheers! Plenty on Petit, forgot about that!
I did want to mention I had the same prob as you on the front hingepin brace, was not tapped correctly, ran a tiny tap through and all good.
I also had to clear the thread out of the centre motor mount for the slipper cover, wasnt threaded correctly.
Car went together great apart from that, no drama!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.