PDA

View Full Version : Geared diff in C4.1?


telboy
13-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Does the Gear Diff from the SC10 fit straight into the C4.1? Anyone tried it? Just trying to eliminate the manual labour for maintaining a ball diff all the time.
:)

tomtom
13-11-2012, 08:51 PM
I think you have to remove some material from the gearbox to allow clearance for the gear diff to fit, nothing big but will not fit stock.

carpenterdean
13-11-2012, 09:55 PM
sorry for thead stealing but does anyone know what oil to use with the geared diff for an all astro track?
Thanks guys.

MiCk B.
13-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Yep,

I'm running one in my C4.1, you need to remove material from the gearbox to get the gear diff to fit.

For astro, try 3k oil as a starting point.

MiCk B. :-)

carpenterdean
13-11-2012, 10:16 PM
nice one mick, i'm new to geared diffs if i start with 3k how does a higher or lower number oil alter the car?
also what did you use for removing material from the gearbox?

noreargrip
13-11-2012, 11:04 PM
I love my gear diff in my centro..track dependent of course..I race with mick..I use 3000oil as he suggested to me also...heavier oil will give less entry steering and the feeling of more drive and a little less steering on exit..
lighter oil just the opposite.

atsang
14-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I BREAK BALL DIFFS!!! Whooooo hooooo!!!

gingapaint
17-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Ash, i'm waiting to see a component you DONT break!! :P

carpenterdean
21-11-2012, 08:08 PM
managed to get an sc10 geared diff to fit my centro gear box:thumbsup: had to dremel some material out to get it to fit though, just took my time and was careful, job done, looking forward to giving it a whirl this weekend.

daz
21-11-2012, 09:45 PM
managed to get an sc10 geared diff to fit my centro gear box:thumbsup: had to dremel some material out to get it to fit though, just took my time and was careful, job done, looking forward to giving it a whirl this weekend.

I did this but went back to a ball diff as the gear diff made the car drive very differently.