PDA

View Full Version : Blimey! How long have I been racing at YORCC!!


bretts
15-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Just found this!!! You'd think I'd be able to drive by now:o:o

Funny thing is I'm still using the same transmitter/reciever combo!!:lol::lol:

I was only 14, ahhh those were the days my friend.....

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/1/17/3061199//york1989.jpg

And here is the car I had at the time, Rear engine Optima then became an Optima MOD!!!! Hand made Mid conversion.
I wish I had some pictures of the inside, oh well. It wasn't as good as a real Optima Mid.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/1/17/3061199//optimanew.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/1/17/3061199//optimamod.jpg

To think I gave the car away to someone at YORCC about 10 years ago.

nivek
15-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Those were the days. It was red hot that weekend, shorts and t-shirts ??.
the good old days .custom painted shells ,And i still cant drive.. i have my mid shell too [like new ] but only half the car.

mattr
15-11-2012, 06:32 PM
What was the club that used to have a meeting at Stockton on the forest?? Was that YORCC?

I drove there for a couple or three years in the mid 80s, sort of 84/85/86 i think.

Col
15-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Wasn't Stockton Touring cars?

bretts
15-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Wasn't Stockton Touring cars?

I remember racing on grass behind a village hall or something in Stockton on the Forrest. You could see the A64 across the fields when you were on the rostrum. Also, I remember my Dad missing the turning and jamming on the brakes and hearing the 12v turn over in the boot!!:lol::lol:

daz
15-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Wasn't Stockton Touring cars?
No mate it was off road. Started off at rowntree park in the early to mid eighties then moved to Stockton around 87ish could be wrong tho. Think we did alternate weeks at Oakland's school as well. I remember the club spending all the saving on the outdoor track around the back of the hall only for it to be pants. Then we moved to Oakland's permanently and just did the odd outdoor event in the early nineties.

mattr
15-11-2012, 09:42 PM
That's the one, 87 must have been the last year i raced then, cos i can remember both tracks (but not oaklands so that must have been later?), and my mates dad complaining as Rowntree park was a 10 minute drive and Stockton was the thick end of half an hour (IIRC the York Outer Ring Road/A1237 wasn't finished then......)

Vivid memories of driving indoors at Stockton and having the stage in use a few times. (and yes, the track outside was "variable" to say the least!

jk007
15-11-2012, 11:38 PM
No mate it was off road. Started off at rowntree park in the early to mid eighties then moved to Stockton around 87ish could be wrong tho. Think we did alternate weeks at Oakland's school as well. I remember the club spending all the saving on the outdoor track around the back of the hall only for it to be pants. Then we moved to Oakland's permanently and just did the odd outdoor event in the early nineties.



I had a clear out last month and came across some trophy from Linton on Ouse , Harrogate , Oaklands , and the snowball event from many years ago
And used to go to abberford most Wednesday nights it was the smallest track I have ever seen but was a good night. Luke sanders was one of the guys to beat
Along with Ian joyce + many more just can't remember names