PDA

View Full Version : b44.2 polished floor/carpet set up


450kid
26-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone got a polished floor/carpet setup also a setup for chadderton
Cheers
Ben

gazhillAE
26-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Chadderton

Use a standard Bradders Worksop setup with 40w/30w oil in.
Start with black rear springs and probably blue fronts also.
Shouldn't be far off

Carpet

As above but 5w heavier all round
Maybe inner and outer off all tyres
Silver front and rear roll bar
Maybe stiffer front spring than the blue..red or yellow

450kid
26-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Chadderton

Use a standard Bradders Worksop setup with 40w/30w oil in.
Start with black rear springs and probably blue fronts also.
Shouldn't be far off

Carpet

As above but 5w heavier all round
Maybe inner and outer off all tyres
Silver front and rear roll bar
Maybe stiffer front spring than the blue..red or yellow


Cheers pal gives me a starting point to build it when it turns up!

ASR
26-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Cheers pal gives me a starting point to build it when it turns up!


Thought you were selling cars not buying more !!!! :woot:

450kid
27-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Thought you were selling cars not buying more !!!! :woot:

U know me can't make my mind up which ones to keep!

Richard Lowe
27-11-2012, 10:49 PM
At the moment I'm on kit setup with a couple of shock tweaks...

30w rear oil instead of the kit 35w, Green springs all round - that's it :)
I've been experimenting with some aluminium steering bellcranks too which have totally transformed the car. The slightly soft initial turn-in and slower mid-corner rotation that have been part of the car since the first 44 have gone, now it's razor sharp, positive and very agile. On-power steering has also improved massively, if anything I've had to start dialing steering out of the car.

Anyone that's been to York over the past couple of weeks will know it's been going reasonably quickly :D

450kid
27-11-2012, 11:41 PM
At the moment I'm on kit setup with a couple of shock tweaks...

30w rear oil instead of the kit 35w, Green springs all round - that's it :)
I've been experimenting with some aluminium steering bellcranks too which have totally transformed the car. The slightly soft initial turn-in and slower mid-corner rotation that have been part of the car since the first 44 have gone, now it's razor sharp, positive and very agile. On-power steering has also improved massively, if anything I've had to start dialing steering out of the car.

Anyone that's been to York over the past couple of weeks will know it's been going reasonably quickly :D
Yeah sore you at York the other week ( when you was doubling that zig- zag section car looked really good! Are you going to York this week? Are you using stock pistons?:)

Richard Lowe
28-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah sore you at York the other week ( when you was doubling that zig- zag section car looked really good! Are you going to York this week? Are you using stock pistons?:)
I'll be there again this week yeah, come say hi :)

Yes it's the kit 2x1.6mm front and 2x1.7mm rear pistons I'm using at the moment.

carpenterdean
28-11-2012, 06:15 PM
what about astro setup?

feniks
28-11-2012, 10:19 PM
wel my astro setup is almost kit . front pistons are 1.5 hole with 32,5 oil blue springs . rear its kit pistons with 30 oil . only lengthent the front camberlinks as long as I could . all the rest the car is standard . and works perfect on indoor astro

Howler
29-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I raced mine at the Bury indoor venue last Sunday, first time out with it and i won... and i'm not all that good a driver!

All i changed from the kit setup was putting 27.5w oil in the rear, lowering the ride-height to arms just below level and 2 degrees of camber all around. It was a dream to drive. I ran the front diff a smidge tighter than the rear too.

EDIT: Bury indoor is slippery floor and carpet.