PDA

View Full Version : would this setup work


racer11
02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
trying to get my old ftx blaze running as it was so much fun, would this esc;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-TrackStar-18A-1-18th-Scale-Brushless-Car-ESC-NEW-/251177416940?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a7b5738ec

run well with my turnigy b2835? i have got three, 8 cell NiHM batteries and the whole battery adds up to 9.6v 8800mah

thanks

Karting
02-12-2012, 11:46 AM
trying to get my old ftx blaze running as it was so much fun, would this esc;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-TrackStar-18A-1-18th-Scale-Brushless-Car-ESC-NEW-/251177416940?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a7b5738ec

run well with my turnigy b2835? i have got three, 8 cell NiHM batteries and the whole battery adds up to 9.6v 8800mah

thanks

Personally you would want a 30amp speedo upwards just to safe guard you for any other upgrades you might make (30a brushless esc for £20 on giant shark)

Also you can get lipos for micros for 5.95p each (which most o us at the club run so there good spec)

also brushless engines are cheap as, for micros too :)

racer11
02-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Personally you would want a 30amp speedo upwards just to safe guard you for any other upgrades you might make (30a brushless esc for £20 on giant shark)

Also you can get lipos for micros for 5.95p each (which most o us at the club run so there good spec)

also brushless engines are cheap as, for micros too :)


so what about this for the esc?
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/ezrun25alsl-brushless-p-407518.html

you say the lipo's are cheap!? could you recomend a specific one that would give more power than the nihm? cos i cant find one.

i thought the motor was brushless? if not which do you recomend?

thanks

Karting
02-12-2012, 12:12 PM
That's the esc is fine, I've actually got one of them as my spare esc.

these are the batteries we all run at £5.25 each http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-1300-2s1p-lipo-battery-p-406442.html

The motor may be brushless I don't know as I can't find the spec on google but you are proberly right.

Seeing as your in Surrey we run micro nights in Wycombe on Monday nights if you want to have a look or chat

racer11
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
the battery sounds like a good idea! but unfortunately im near Farnborough and go to shrccc, so high Wycombe is to far for me! would that esc take the lipo batteries?

racer11
02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
also do you guys happen to know of any cheap micro 2.4ghz systems?

Karting
02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
the battery sounds like a good idea! but unfortunately im near Farnborough and go to shrccc, so high Wycombe is to far for me! would that esc take the lipo batteries?

also do you guys happen to know of any cheap micro 2.4ghz systems?

when I used to have a 1/10th I made the trip from Wycombe to shrccc ;) we are however running a once a month sat morning series if your interested.

That esc is fine to run lipos on. Also I just use a fhss code cr151 controller and reciver and all fits fine (although I have the lwb shark so I have a bit more room to play with)

Sam

racer11
02-12-2012, 01:03 PM
ok, no, sorry Wycombe is too far! anyway, thanks very much for your help!