View Full Version : LRP Sphere & Glue
B&H Racing
16-06-2008, 07:29 AM
After doing my most impressive crash ever yesterday, snapping the front end off an X6.
I need to glue the Heat sink and metal cover back on to my LRP Sphere.
Should I just use any run of the mill glue, or due to heat generated use something special.
Chequered Flag Racing
16-06-2008, 07:58 AM
when mine came free I got some High Thermal Conductivity Heatsink Compound (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=High%20Thermal%20Conductivity %20Heatsink%20Compound&source=15&SD=Y) from Maplins, then added a few drops of SG between the case and heat sink edges just to be sure
Richard Lowe
16-06-2008, 11:10 AM
This is the shizzle you need...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=OA-001-AC&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=27&name=Arctic%20Silver%20Thermal%20Epoxy%20(7g)
:)
Lowie
16-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I read somewhere that CA-glue is not good for electronics so you'd better not use that type of glue
Artic silver is a product made for conducting heat and used to make a solid (heat-)connection between a pc-processor and it's heat sink... but it doesn't glue at all.
mark christopher
16-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I read somewhere that CA-glue is not good for electronics so you'd better not use that type of glue
mirage (nosram same speedo) advise you use super glue on the edge of the heat sink to stick it to the plastic case. use the correct heat paste for the heatsink/fets
ashleyb4
16-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I used some condutive tape i got from maplins a bit like the tape they send you to stick your heat sink onto th emetal plate i put a piece of this on the bottom of the metal plate and pushed it down the put for tip drops of super glue in each corner using a pin.
A
B&H Racing
17-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the reply guys :)
MK999
17-06-2008, 09:24 PM
I read somewhere that CA-glue is not good for electronics so you'd better not use that type of glue
Artic silver is a product made for conducting heat and used to make a solid (heat-)connection between a pc-processor and it's heat sink... but it doesn't glue at all.
"CAUTION! Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive is a permanent adhesive." :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.