View Full Version : X6 shock Associated or Losi
Lee1972
08-12-2012, 12:29 AM
My X6 squared arrived two days ago with Losi shocks fitted it had black front springs and pink rears which seems to be the norm for high grip tracks, tonight I was racing on carpet but found the back end kept skipping out on corners, granted my worn mini pins wouldn't have helped but when I switched back to my Associated shocks from my B4.1 silver springs front and rear with 35 and 30 wt oil respectively it handled a lot better, i'm appealing to the X6 community for advice as to whether I should put the Losi shocks back on or stick with my Assoicated ones.
tisher
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I would stick to the ae ones buddy thats what I will be using when I get mine;)
Lee1972
08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I would stick to the ae ones buddy thats what I will be using when I get mine;)
Martin,
Are you getting an X6 if so what have you done with your Centro?
tisher
08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
yep just bought one for cheap money so going to give it a go:) still got the c4 going to keep it until I have decided what car is best for my driving style
Lee1972
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
They're a good car Callum is chuffed to bits with his :thumbsup:
tisher
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
yea hopefully it will be a bit more consistent than the C4 because every time you drove the centro it felt different and I did not fancy spending a fortune on a carbon chassis for it to make it work right:thumbdown:
KickMe
09-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Shameless plug for a friend: you can ask Rednoise (http://www.oople.com/forums/member.php?u=6512) about his carbon Centro chassis. Here is a page on a French forum with pics (http://www.rc4ever.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6528). Shoot him an email at rednoise[at]rc4ever[dot]com.
tisher
09-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Shameless plug for a friend: you can ask Rednoise (http://www.oople.com/forums/member.php?u=6512) about his carbon Centro chassis. Here is a page on a French forum with pics (http://www.rc4ever.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6528). Shoot him an email at rednoise[at]rc4ever[dot]com.
have you got an idea of price on these and do you have to run carbon side rails with them
(sorry for highjacking your thread Lee:blush:)
KickMe
09-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't know, I just saw him and others running and liking it.
Back on topic, Paul described the Asso V2 with big bore springs as the best compromise, I'll try it at the next race :)
Lee1972
09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
No problem Martin have a look at hi XO conversion kit it's the dogs :thumbsup:
Lee1972
09-12-2012, 11:40 PM
yea hopefully it will be a bit more consistent than the C4 because every time you drove the centro it felt different and I did not fancy spending a fortune on a carbon chassis for it to make it work right:thumbdown:
It was the reason it put me off getting one for Callum didn't fancy spending £ 160 then another £ 130 for a carbon chassis and other bits hence why he ending up with the X6 :thumbsup:
tisher
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
No problem Martin have a look at hi XO conversion kit it's the dogs :thumbsup:
where can i find them buddy tried googling them but nothing came up:confused:
KickMe
10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Right there on Oople (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113852) and here on French forum RC4Ever (http://www.rc4ever.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7037).
/tobys
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
My X6 squared arrived two days ago with Losi shocks fitted it had black front springs and pink rears which seems to be the norm for high grip tracks, tonight I was racing on carpet but found the back end kept skipping out on corners, granted my worn mini pins wouldn't have helped but when I switched back to my Associated shocks from my B4.1 silver springs front and rear with 35 and 30 wt oil respectively it handled a lot better, i'm appealing to the X6 community for advice as to whether I should put the Losi shocks back on or stick with my Assoicated ones.
Hi mate
If your going to run the Losi shocks, the springs seem about right. 35 wt front and 30 wt rear with red pistons should be a good start for most tracks and conditions.
The rear end may have been collapsing; what shock oil and positions were you running and did you run a roll bar?
Cheers
Toby.
Lee1972
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi mate
If your going to run the Losi shocks, the springs seem about right. 35 wt front and 30 wt rear with red pistons should be a good start for most tracks and conditions.
The rear end may have been collapsing; what shock oil and positions were you running and did you run a roll bar?
Cheers
Toby.
Toby,
Thanks for the reply but I only got the two days before I ran it so I haven't had chance yet, I'll fill the shocks over Christmas and give them another whirl and no there's no roll bar fitted, from memory at the top they're in the third hole in towards the gearbox and on the wishbone I think they're on the outer hole I can't check yet as the cars are in my lads room and he needs his beauty sleep.
Lee
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.