PDA

View Full Version : X6 Sq. Shorty lipo front to rear?


AntH
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Would this fit without cutting away the front cross-chassis rib behind the servo? (I realise I will have to do lots of other cutting!). SuperDan? Ta.

arransmith27
11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
If you mean the rib directly behind the servo, then yes

AntH
11-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks, am planning on using Vampire shorty, hopefully they are all similar...

Darren Boyle
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks, am planning on using Vampire shorty, hopefully they are all similar...

That is what most of our team run when they use shorty, Dan Greenwood has run this LIPO (down the middle as you suggest) most of this season....

arransmith27
11-12-2012, 08:52 PM
More info here

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94213

/tobys
11-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Shorty Lipo will fit :thumbsup:

super__dan
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Would this fit without cutting away the front cross-chassis rib behind the servo? (I realise I will have to do lots of other cutting!). SuperDan? Ta.

Yes.

You have to cut the bracing in the middle of the chassis that separates where the cells across the back go from the space in the middle I.e. between the old 4 cells and 2 cell space. The vampire lipo is then about 5mm shorter than the space left so you can space it slightly forward or back as required.

The rib behind the servo I've kept and use that as the stop for the cells as per the picture in the other thread in the link above.

AntH
13-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys. Project rear roll bar next....

Darren Boyle
13-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Project rear roll bar next....

May just be able to help you out a little with that one too shortly, stay tuned ;)

AntH
13-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Sounds interesting, I am hoping you are going to say you are getting some roll bars in that work with the Losi XXX-4 mounting kit..... Wasn't looking forward to prospect of making my own from piano wire... Can I ask for this for Christmas or will it be post-Crimbo?!