View Full Version : Track for Sunday
Chris Elworthy
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Alright lads,
At this stage I am not going to make it to Oldham this weekend so will be unable to design the track for this round. Just thought i'd give you a heads up as I said I would design another track for the next round.
Chris
losichris
11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh dear, hope people turn up early then :(
If no one wants to build a track, ill do a similar one to what we used last time, but reversed and change up the features.
coleman758
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Me Either, Have fun!
Howler
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh dear, hope people turn up early then :(
If no one wants to build a track, ill do a similar one to what we used last time, but reversed and change up the features.
The problem is usually that everyone wants to design their own track...
I believe Stu will be coming so, if he's there early you can be pretty sure he'll come up with a decent track.
losichris
12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
The problem is usually that everyone wants to design their own track...
I believe Stu will be coming so, if he's there early you can be pretty sure he'll come up with a decent track.
Thank god for that!
coleman758
13-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Guys, Don't just rely on Stu, He's effectively a visitor at the track.
Would you guys go to Batley and be expected to design the track? Think not...
Don't just expect him to do it.
I put a lot of effort into designing track, Although you can never please 100% of people, I just got sick of people moaning.
So I'm sure one of the other committee members will sort it :lol::lol:
Gavin Collingwood
13-12-2012, 01:53 PM
They weren't moaning last meeting......
coleman758
13-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Thats fine, I wont be bothering with the track in future.
Howler
13-12-2012, 03:25 PM
If Stu doesnt want to design something, i'll do it, it's not that hard really.
Matt, i dont see anyone above criticising your track building abilities, dont be so over-sensitive.
coleman758
13-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm not being over sensitive Howler, I'm simply annoyed at people moaning about stuff, When they can't even be arsed helping out. (Not just regarding this thread, Just in general.)
I hear it all the time, Not just on the track building but general running of the club, Its annoying when I put the effort in.
Its getting to the point coming to Bury to race will eventually lead to me hating racing!
Hence why I have not been for the last 2 meetings!
Howler
13-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe i'm missing something, because i dont see anyone moaning above...
Howler
13-12-2012, 04:09 PM
On another note... i know bringing the big tabletop to the indoor track has been discussed... but what about bringing some of the hose? I know its heavy, but seems to me that it would stay put a lot better than the drainpipe because of that weight. Not that i could even bring a single piece on my bike...
coleman758
13-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Maybe i'm missing something, because i dont see anyone moaning above...
Again, Not relating to the above...
Si Coe
13-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I'd like to moan about the fact that Matt's had my RC10 since the Oople race and I've still not got it back.
And moan about the fact that one of the reasons for him still having said RC10 is that hes only been to 2 meeting I've been to since then.
And moan about the fact he missed our last meeting to go swanning off running smelly nitros
And that he's generally a complete ****
Does that help Matt?
Alan Reeves
13-12-2012, 06:28 PM
And he's had me moaning at him for an undertray I gave him to paint when we were still indoors last year :confused:
Who else has been moaning at him ... Fess up lol
Howler
13-12-2012, 06:42 PM
To get back on topic, here's a track:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9i3PwNyhl1Q/UMohTfo9tfI/AAAAAAAAAPI/IrOdFO_dOCk/s837/2012-12-13
coleman758
13-12-2012, 10:04 PM
My mums been moaning at me all week!
Si Coe
13-12-2012, 10:34 PM
My mums been moaning at me all week!
She's been moaning at me all week too the dirty b**** :p
johnnygibbon
13-12-2012, 11:01 PM
if i turn up in time for set up
are ya gonna let me have a go at building a wallride , reckon i worked out how to do it at last meeting with the stuff weve got
but i might need a hand setting it up
and a little bit of tape
whos up for it then
Gavin Collingwood
13-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Looks a good layout Steve shame I can't make it this week as I'm at a wedding this weekend all weekend and I also i'm in between cars as I sold the 22, I'll be there on the 6th though
lsdevey
15-12-2012, 07:51 PM
that looks a great trac ill be there early to help set up:D
losichris
16-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Well done to track builders today, really good, and a very good days racing!!
Sorry i didnt get there early to setup, too many cokes saturday night :drool:
Maddy
16-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Very good days racing and it shows how well track building/putting away works when so many people join in and we have a layout to work with.
Thanks to all and Steve for the design.
didnt hear anybody complain today about the track.
No worries Chris about helping as we know your normally the 1 who helps.
Alan Reeves
16-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Only thing with the track was the lap was too short, 17 secs laps 10 in a heat the first 2 had gone past before the last one had even set off :cry:
Just something to think about for next time :p
Maddy
16-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Correct alan,forgot about that. :(
arransmith27
16-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Brilliant track and a great days racing.
Bury always puts on a great meeting :)
Howler
16-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Blame the designer, this one wont throw his toys out. Apparently our race controller thinks i should have built marshal points into it too.
losichris
16-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Blame the designer, this one wont throw his toys out. Apparently our race controller thinks i should have built marshal points into it too.
haha yeah, i was marshalling the infield for 4wd. Think i sweated out all the beer from last night!
Its not a major problem. The track flowed very well which is why the lap times were quick
Si Coe
16-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Only other problem was that it from certain parts of the rostrum you couldn't see your car behind the mats - wasn't a big deal unless as happened to me someone crashed there which I couldn't see and ran into!
The lap wasn't too short - it was too fast. The actual lap distance was really quite long and used up all the available space. Its just that most of the corners could be taken pretty quickly. A couple of slow corners would be all it takes to bump up the lap time.
Plus although it could impact on the number of rounds I think we need to limit the number in a heat to 8 max. That rostrum really isn't that big with the basketball hoop in the middle so getting 10 big blokes on there isn't easy.
lsdevey
16-12-2012, 09:17 PM
great meeting today guys well done:thumbsup:
Si Coe
16-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Most importantly though in todays Team Hopeless revival meeting my Redrango easily and comfortable trounced Gypsy Johnny and Scouse Mark. That was without the new Tresrey bellcranks too - with them I'll be unstoppable......
kitesurfer73
16-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Top day for me as it happens after lenghy lay off...
Track was flowing and quick...Big thats to steve for getting me on track with help with
tranny...
As for Team Hopeless Ill give you that round as you seem to have sabatoged my servo to jam with to much epa lol.Si you have deffo up your pace with the rango good on you....
Howler
17-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I have some ideas for a better track next time, taking yesterday's issues into consideration.
Chris Elworthy
18-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Obviously I wasn't at the meeting on Sunday but glad to hear it went well. I agree with Si re: the amount of people on the rostrum at one time. Less cars in a heat would make it less of a squeeze on the rostrum and give more space on track for qualifying which would be good for everybody. However this would impact on time, it has been nice to be running 5 qualifiers and 8 minute finals which with more heats may not be possible.
Are the results from round 3 posted anywhere yet? I'd be interested to see how everybody got on.
Chris
Howler
24-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Results are on the website Chris.
Br00kie
31-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys
Any Good ?
Btw Happy New Year For Tomorrow
losichris
31-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys
Any Good ?
Btw Happy New Year For Tomorrow
That will be a very quick track, plus needs more features
Maddy
31-12-2012, 06:26 PM
im happy with that as ive just got my new dualsky esc,5.5t motor and new batts,bring on the top end speed.woooooooooosh
johnnygibbon
31-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Got a track with a diagonal strait and a wall ride planned
Nice and technical with quick bit
Inspired by woodys old chadderton track
Hand drawn though
Not on cad yet
Chris Elworthy
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I like the track design but what you have to consider is we can only use strips of carpet as that's what we have, looking at that design it would be hard to follow the exact design using what we have.
Johnny's idea sounds interesting with a wall ride.
Chris
Alan Reeves
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Track looks to be too fast/short we should be aiming for 20+ second laps from the top drivers. I'd estimate some would make that in 16.
OneKiwi
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Damn, 20 seconds would be great, ours is a 12 sec track
Howler
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Modified Brookies track a bit and came up with this:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9aTW0g8t9HQ/UOMlClhrRQI/AAAAAAAAAUE/7S4qPi2O2V4/s1598/Bury+RC+Track+For+Sunday.jpg
Br00kie
01-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Yep
that will do it . How about keeping the ripple bit flat instead of supporting it with one of the benches ?
Good work Howler :thumbsup:
Howler
01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Yep, we did that a lot last year.
Si Coe
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Erm - screw up the tabletop and land on the straight? Bad idea!
Relocate the table top to where the red ramps are and put them somewhere else.
Gavin Collingwood
01-01-2013, 09:15 PM
That track looks good I also like johnny's wall ride idea, woody mentioned to me today that we may be getting the key early and building the track on Saturday... Also roger desperately needs some decent duct tape, ideally proper 'duct tape' so the track stays stuck down better
Howler
01-01-2013, 09:24 PM
I see your point Si, i was trying to avoid putting it in the place where the red ramps are because we've had it there every single race this year. How about putting it on the section before the main straight, in front of race control?
Gavin Collingwood
01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
The best position for a table top is as near as possible and directly I front of you so I agree si where the red jumps are would be best.
Howler
01-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Fixed it. Blue bits are flat on this track, not banked. Jump is still near enough for you to see well.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HYqbof3p2-4/UONY2_54UOI/AAAAAAAAAUY/X2sMHQfp5H4/s1223/Bury+RC+Track+For+Sunday.jpg
Si Coe
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Johnny's wall ride design rendered in gypo-CAD (pencil)
http://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1357079485.jpg
And the rest of the track in less advanced big black marker visionhttp://www.simondavanzo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1357081083.jpg
Marvel at the quality!
johnnygibbon
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
the track layout is just to roughly show how its orginised and were the marshalls go angles and corners can be steepened to slow traffic through them and i think this should give a nice long lap with technical bits fast bits and some enjoyable features to drive
i think we should definatly try the wallride it will fit into most track layouts in some way and could be widened and made taller os steeper to suit quite easilly
Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Not sure about the track Jonny but the love the wall ride, ideally fit your wall ride into steve's track design as that looks good too
Howler
02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
The track looks too short again, possibly 10-12 second laps. Wall ride looks good, but my only concern is that we've tried taping to the blue crash mats before, and even with the good tape it just doesn't stick at all.
Maddy
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Do we not have 2 sheets of 8x4 ply instead of using a mat at the bottom?
love the wall ride johnny.
losichris
02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I think we should go with steves track, and think about the wallride for next time. Think it would be very time consuming especially when weve got to base the rest of the track around it
Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 11:39 PM
If we can end up getting the keys to set up on Saturday then time's not an issue
johnnygibbon
03-01-2013, 12:45 AM
yeah i should be able to set up steves track looks good but it would definatly be better with a wallride
hahaha
it should be simple and quick to build and if it works we can use it in differant areas again
JonyNitro
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
yeah i should be able to set up steves track looks good but it would definatly be better with a wallride
hahaha
it should be simple and quick to build and if it works we can use it in differant areas again
pm me:D
Gavin Collingwood
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Fixed it. Blue bits are flat on this track, not banked. Jump is still near enough for you to see well.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HYqbof3p2-4/UONY2_54UOI/AAAAAAAAAUY/X2sMHQfp5H4/s1223/Bury+RC+Track+For+Sunday.jpg
The problem is with whee you have the table top now is that you can't see the down ramp.... It needs to be left to right or right to left otherwise your jumping blind effectively
Gavin Collingwood
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Also another problem with the table top that way is the orientation of the car in the air is hard to see I.e. if too nose high you know when to let off or brake, nose diving to put some power on. In this direction it's hard to tell. This is why most tracks have jumps going from side to side
losichris
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Also another problem with the table top that way is the orientation of the car in the air is hard to see I.e. if too nose high you know when to let off or brake, nose diving to put some power on. In this direction it's hard to tell. This is why most tracks have jumps going from side to side
Plus were gonna have cars flying onto the straight.
Best to have a tabletop near the rostrum
Howler
05-01-2013, 04:59 PM
The table-top isnt that high, seeing over it will be no problem. The orientation being different will make it a challenge, who wants and easy track? And think of the width of the hall, you'd have to really gun it to hit the straight. Up to you though, at this late stage i'm not drawing another.
losichris
05-01-2013, 06:00 PM
The table-top isnt that high, seeing over it will be no problem. The orientation being different will make it a challenge, who wants and easy track? And think of the width of the hall, you'd have to really gun it to hit the straight. Up to you though, at this late stage i'm not drawing another.
Lets go with it, was thinking it was going to be a big one
johnnygibbon
05-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Handsets broken
Even more than normal , now as well as no brakes I've got no readout so I can't set my car up or even tell what's happening , not gonna be racing tomoro any way it's packaged up and going back to horizon hobby who have been great and say they can fix it cheaply, always really good support of these guys in my experience
Any way good luck with the track I will try and make the next meeting
Have fun guys
Gavin Collingwood
05-01-2013, 07:48 PM
What Chris says is true if people over shoot the table top (and certain people will) they will end up on the straight. I plan to make the table top like I did last time but with an extra length of wood so we land bank to bank rather than to flat which will be miles better and If that's the case being able to see the down ramp is of high importance, we'll figure it out in the morning.
The layout looks cool though Steve.
Howler
05-01-2013, 10:30 PM
It can be moved to Marshall Point 3 as much as you want, the nearer it gets to that the easier the view over the top and the further from the back straight. The track is wider than the diagram really shows, there will be 20'+ from the back of the down ramp and the barrier to the straight.
Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM
No the main problem isn't how far away it would be, it's the fact the car is pointing away from the rostrum and its hard to tell how much the car is nose diving or nose high. I know we do it a lot but directly in front of the rostrum in this design is the best place, but hopefully that won't matter that we always do it as the table top I'll build tomorrow should be bang on this time and a decent size in jumping distance
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.