PDA

View Full Version : LRP X12 Gearing to Xray XB4


thorny97
13-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Morning everyone, looking for alittle help please. Just recently taken delivery of the new X-ray xb4 and am going to install all my LRP equipment, X12 6.5turn motor. The problem is i dont know what pinion to start with on the motor. The internal gearing ratio of the car is 1:2:5.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Robbiejuk
13-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Same as a B44 then. I would see if you can find someone who runs the x12 6.5 in a b44 and ask them what kind of gearing they are running.

mark christopher
13-12-2012, 12:47 PM
If it came out of a buggy why not run the same gear ratio

thorny97
13-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Same as a B44 then. I would see if you can find someone who runs the x12 6.5 in a b44 and ask them what kind of gearing they are running.

Thanks for the information on the chart what do the numbers mean for example a 81tooth spur and and 23tooth pinion has a figure of 8.8.

I was running a 23tooth on my sx3.

Another question on the instructions for the LRP X12 it gives me a 10.8:1 what does this mean in relation to what i need to use?

Thanks

Robbiejuk
13-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the information on the chart what do the numbers mean for example a 81tooth spur and and 23tooth pinion has a figure of 8.8.

I was running a 23tooth on my sx3.

Another question on the instructions for the LRP X12 it gives me a 10.8:1 what does this mean in relation to what i need to use?

Thanks


Right the numbers on the chart are the overall ratio. The higher the number the lower the gearing is.

The ratio in your motor instructions is the recommended gearing for you so if you look at the chart I have set up find a overall ratio close to that. So based on you using an 81 spur the chart shows that you want either an 18 or 19 tooth pinion to be close to the recommended gear ratio. I would probably start with an 18 and then gear up if required.

You could also use the chart I have put up to compare the gearing to what you ran on your cat, assuming you know which internal ratio you were using? The gear ratio charts are in the back of the schumacher manual.

thorny97
13-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Right the numbers on the chart are the overall ratio. The higher the number the lower the gearing is.

The ratio in your motor instructions is the recommended gearing for you so if you look at the chart I have set up find a overall ratio close to that. So based on you using an 81 spur the chart shows that you want either an 18 or 19 tooth pinion to be close to the recommended gear ratio. I would probably start with an 18 and then gear up if required.

You could also use the chart I have put up to compare the gearing to what you ran on your cat, assuming you know which internal ratio you were using? The gear ratio charts are in the back of the schumacher manual.

Thanks for that much appricated