View Full Version : Newbie Lipo Qu's
Bigdawgracer
13-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi All,
I have some more qu's about Lipos and use/charging of.
I have bought a couple of Reedy 5200mah saddle packs off here and have a new Imax B6 charger.
I don't have the link lead for the saddle packs.
Do I need a lead with a balance wire as advertised on the Bay?
Do I need a balance board also?
If so can someone explain why in newbie terms please.
Sorry for the (probably) silly qu's.
I come from a nicad background.................:rolleyes:
Thanks!
Martin
TARTMAN
14-12-2012, 10:50 PM
you will need the link lead/charger lead for that charger, not a link lead board, as the 3 pin link plug will plug into the charger balance section on the side.
You only need the link lead to balance charge the lipos, to charge normally, the balance/link lead is not needed, and you really only need to balamnce the lipos every 3 charges or so.
But opinions vary.
Hi All,
I have some more qu's about Lipos and use/charging of.
I have bought a couple of Reedy 5200mah saddle packs off here and have a new Imax B6 charger.
I don't have the link lead for the saddle packs.
Do I need a lead with a balance wire as advertised on the Bay?
Do I need a balance board also?
If so can someone explain why in newbie terms please.
Sorry for the (probably) silly qu's.
I come from a nicad background.................:rolleyes:
Thanks!
Martin
Bigdawgracer
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry should have said I am using Reedy saddle packs, in my Cougar, which don't have the balance lead attached.
The saddle pack link-lead does have a balance wire built in (to the right of the link-lead in pic.)but where does this connect to?
:confused:
knighthawk
01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
You need something like this - or make one yourself
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php/demon-bl4-lipo-balance-charge-lead-extra-long-42cm-jst-pin-p-6878
Bigdawgracer
01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Excellent, Thank you!
I just have to sort out the charging now.
The Imax B6 charger instructions are .....um......not helpful!
Does anyone have a link to a useful site for info on how to use this charger? Or a downloadle and understandable set of instructions for it?
:)Thanks for looking!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.