PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading To Brushless...First Time


Cremegg
17-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi Again

Gonna upgrade to brushless in the next few weeks

I found this combo

http://www.jemodels.com/electric-mod...tegory_id=1276

Would this be good enough for racing with?

It's a 13t brushless motor

Thanks

Howler
17-12-2012, 06:42 AM
That link doesnt seem to work... what is it?

Cremegg
17-12-2012, 09:02 AM
its the ETRONIX PHOTON 2.0 13T BRUSHLESS MOTOR & ESC COMBO

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-photon-2.0-1-10-brushless-system-13.0r/rc-car-products/368728

(If the link doesnt work here are the specs)

ESC Features;

Input: NiMH 4-8 cells & LiPO 2-3 cells & LiFe 2-3 cells
Output: Max 360 Watt, 54A at 54°C, 45A at 75°C, Peak 240A
Motor support: KV < 4500KV, 1:10 scale car
BEC: 5V / 2A
Net weight: 72g
Dimension: 48x33x29mm
Motor Features;

13.0R 3000KV
Max Amps: 33
Resistance: 0.0255
I0(A): 1.2
Shaft: 3.17mm
Weight: 172g
Its £49.99 from JE Models

What do you think?

Cheers

PS - I currently have a 20T brushed 23500rpm Motor, I guess the above would be alot better with the right gearing?

Cremegg
27-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi Guys

I now have the above brushless system installed (and just waiting for some lipos to come)

Ive ordered 4000mah 25C Gens Ace 2s Lipos?

Will this be ok for racing?

Si Coe
27-12-2012, 02:45 PM
With the Etronix yes it will be fine. Not the best but will do for now.

Howler
27-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Lipo will be fine too.

Cremegg
27-12-2012, 06:14 PM
With the Etronix yes it will be fine. Not the best but will do for now.

Cheers, I tried it with the nimh battery pack the other day but I guess with lipos it will be a little bit faster?

I'm running a 21/76 gear setting (stock)

I've hopped up the twister now, got cvds and turnbuckles now so hopefully should be bit sturdier,

Once I get into the racing, I'll think about upgrading to a better car

I'm only a beginner :)

Howler
01-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Yes it will be quite a bit faster with lipos, slightly higher voltage, but the important bit is that they're much higher voltage under load. That means you should get slightly higher tops speed and a lot stronger acceleration.

Gavin Collingwood
01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
That combine with the fact thre about 80 grams lighter