View Full Version : Brushless bike?
ClydeBuilt
17-12-2012, 06:40 PM
What size brushless would you recommend for the Kyosho HOR Bike? :eh?:
The standard one is pretty slow and wacks the battery pretty quickly, so Im considering swaping it out and fitting a small brushless & lipo in there.
Thats supposing theres something that small around of course.:blush:
davidmog99
17-12-2012, 06:59 PM
What size motor is it mate? Theres loads of 370 and 380 motors that should suit.
Dont go crazy for power either. You can get some really powerful systems at this size, they make 1/16 buggies fly! Your bike wont have as much weight i dont suppose.
Even a cheap 25 amp sensorless should be both smooth and fast in a bike. I would go for a very low power motor. You can add timing using the instructions.
cutting42
18-12-2012, 12:39 AM
I have one of the original Kyosho pre HOR versions in bits in my workshop looking to do the same thing. I stopped as the ESC and the receiver is an all in one thing and will not drive a brushless motor - at least I did not think it would. Therefore I was thinking of getting a micro receiver, micro ESC and motor combo as well as the lipo but ran out of cash also the gearbox was looking a bit flaky as well.
Love to hear how you get on
wreckers
18-12-2012, 02:19 AM
when I had hor did some mods first then went brushless(ballraced,alloy swing arm,alloy gearbox, metal gears+pinions,oil shock,soft tyres) used mamba 25 with cm20 5400kv 2s lipo :) (need to use a micro sized rx as limited space) moved onto venom gpv1 that runs 9200kv :D
wreckers
18-12-2012, 02:21 AM
double post
wreckers
18-12-2012, 02:22 AM
double post :blush:
davidmog99
18-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Giant shark are doing an 18 amp speedo with 5200 motor and program card for £37.10.
cutting42
19-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Well your thread has got me thinking about this again so I got a Hobbywing micro combo from ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170602105721?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)for £31.71 which is pretty good although a longish wait for delivery. I now have a spare micro RX and will get a new servo so will be motoring with lipo/brushless power.
I am still concerned about my gearbox and cannot find a new version as they are all from the HOR bike. I will past back when I have started working on it but propbably in the "I made this" thread.
wreckers
20-12-2012, 03:19 AM
been a some years since sold hor, used various shops for parts
main one was (when had bucket lots of spares hopp ups for them)
http://2wheelhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=23_46&osCsid=be8647a19065da4b20a3dfe820f3982a
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=154_174
bay has stuff
some nice goodies this seller has
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Everything-Radio-Controlled/_i.html?_nkw=kyosho+hor&submit=Search&_sid=48424401
sweet paddock stand
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAST-SHIP-Kyosho-1-8-Motorcycle-aluminum-racing-stand-HOR14A11-/150959305880?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2325e03498
alloy gearbox
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-motorcycle-gpm-alloy-gear-box-blue-KM012A-/350286064533?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item518ead2b95
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAST-SHIP-Kyosho-1-8-Motorcycle-gunmetal-aluminum-gearbox-HOR1211-/150966016454?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item23264699c6
alloy gearbox motor screw washers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-Motorcycle-GPM-alloy-gear-box-oval-washer-Blue-/230398863982?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item35a4d7aa6e
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Racing-Kyosho-1-8-Motorcycle-Titanium-Motor-mount-oval-washer-KMC-HOR88911-/360520801314?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item53f0b6dc22
oil shock
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-Motorcycle-GPM-KM050-Alloy-Driver-Shock-Blue-/350278344079?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item518e375d8f
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Racing-Racing-oil-damper-1-8-Kyosho-HOR-Kyosho-1-8-Motorcycle-HOR6552-new-/200856013190?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2ec3f38986
metal gears
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-Honda-500R-Suzuki-RGV-Special-Metal-Gear-Set-/230893907548?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item35c2596e5c
alloy gears
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-Motorcycle-GPM-KM1000-Alloy-wheel-gear-ASS-52-53-55T-3PCS-SET-silver-/180846219494?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2a1b4650e6
alloy swing arm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kyosho-Motorcycle-GPM-KM014-Alloy-blue-swing-arm-/230504120141?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item35ab1dbf4d
:D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.