PDA

View Full Version : How about a regular SC heat once a month?


Kelk
18-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

I was asked on Sunday how come I hadn't run my SC much and I said it didnt feel right to me to put it in with the buggys.

Anyway it got me thinking, if Iknew there was to be a regualr session / heat for them then I'd make sure I brought it along and just ran that on that day. Running that a buggy was too hectic for my liking and the driving was almost chaos going from one class to another.

So how about on say the 3rd Sunday of the month every month there is a recognised SC heat. This may build interest and as the habit forms introduce more SCs to the club?

Any thoguhts?

racer11
18-12-2012, 11:10 PM
great idea! count me in :thumbsup:

gainsy
18-12-2012, 11:20 PM
I will deffo come down for some of that :thumbsup:

grobson1970
19-12-2012, 02:50 PM
good luck with this i asked about this back in october .
take a look at the thread ,hope it comes off :)

Gary

TARTMAN
19-12-2012, 11:17 PM
We at SHRCCC, Member, Comittee, Racers etc, Would love a SC heat, Just need the numbers to make it happen.....

SO. Names/regulars etc that want this, jump in and make it happen.:D

Kelk
20-12-2012, 11:50 AM
We at SHRCCC, Member, Comittee, Racers etc, Would love a SC heat, Just need the numbers to make it happen.....

SO. Names/regulars etc that want this, jump in and make it happen.:D

Chris (Kelk) with a 22 SCT first on the list

racer11
20-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Alex with a Slash second on the list

grobson1970
20-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Gary with BLITZ ESE 3rd:)

Dudders
20-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm in, if Gary, Chris, Gainsy + me.... One more and it's a heat to be had. 5 is all we need for a bonafide solo heat. Any less has to be mixed with another class due to marshalling.

Kelk
20-12-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm in, if Gary, Chris, Gainsy + me.... One more and it's a heat to be had. 5 is all we need for a bonafide solo heat. Any less has to be mixed with another class due to marshalling.

If marshalling is the only problem, could we not ask for a volunteer marshall on the first time to ensure that we can run, this might generate interest?

I know I volunteered to marshall an extra round on Sunday cos Chris thought we were short.

So which Sunday of the month can we do it Dudders? My "3rd Sunday of the month" was merely tpo be used as a reference

TARTMAN
20-12-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm in, if Gary, Chris, Gainsy + me.... One more and it's a heat to be had. 5 is all we need for a bonafide solo heat. Any less has to be mixed with another class due to marshalling.


If this happens 3 times in a row, I will get another SC and join you..........:D

Kelk
21-12-2012, 09:03 AM
If this happens 3 times in a row, I will get another SC and join you..........:D

Well it seems the only sticking point is marshalling the heat after the potential SC one. It's very kind of you to volunteer to help be the 5th marshall so that we can run it 3 times conescutively

:thumbsup:

racer11
21-12-2012, 10:34 AM
so when should be the first one:confused::thumbsup:

TARTMAN
21-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Well it seems the only sticking point is marshalling the heat after the potential SC one. It's very kind of you to volunteer to help be the 5th marshall so that we can run it 3 times conescutively

:thumbsup:

Marshalling is always a problem, I am happy to marshall extra as are many others. The problem arrises, when its a low number for racing. then there is no one extra to marshal.

5 or more makes it ideal.

Kelk
17-01-2013, 01:02 PM
As a reminder - tonight is truck night assuming we stick to the planned schedule

grobson1970
17-01-2013, 01:15 PM
I would love to be there tonight but my wife has to work so i have to look after my boys .
Dont give up the SC racing as it's such great fun .
good luck getting a SC class tonight.

I will be there next time

gainsy
17-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Can't make tonight but will be there on sunday with the truck

Kelk
18-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Can't make tonight but will be there on sunday with the truck

Assuming weather / driving conditions (i.e. real driving conditions) who else is for snow bound truck action?

racer11
18-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Yup, count me in, although cut the arches off my body for snow runs with monster tires :thumbsup: new one should come by next week but not by Sunday

Kelk
18-01-2013, 07:29 PM
So that's gainsy, kelk and racer11

A couple more and we get our own heat, so who's up for snow SCT-ness?

I have just realised its the winter series round 3 though