View Full Version : Anyone still using a BJ4WE?
Shifta
23-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Just wondering if anyone still uses this once very popular car?
If so how does it stack up against the current cars?
lcpvcce
23-12-2012, 11:46 AM
All BJ4WE maybe converted to S4 already ................... ;)
ofgofg
29-12-2013, 02:46 PM
The drive train is very efficient. Its a fast car. Handles big jumps almost as well as a xx4,, but nothing handles big jumps as well as a xx4 truly. I upgraded from an ancient zx5 to this bj4we, and its light years ahead of that classic. Best 4wd I have driven, but as you can tell, Im a bit behind the times.
chrispattinson
31-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone still uses this once very popular car?
If so how does it stack up against the current cars?
Good question.... That car had character ... And a lot of fans.
cmgreen
31-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Just wondering if anyone still uses this once very popular car?
If so how does it stack up against the current cars?
Shame we cant buy one!
New 22-4 looks good, and at least there wont be a new one every 10 mins
Dalla
31-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Jeff,
as you know I still roll out the BJ4 on the few occasions I race 4wd, but I wouldn't be able to say whether it would keep pace with the newer designs! It's the driver not the car that determines my results :blush:
PS. I would be interested in those wheels you've got for pin and hex for the above :)
ofgofg
01-01-2014, 05:48 AM
I dont think the basic design layout of the bj4we has really been eclipsed yet. Matter of fact, I think its basic layout is the ultimate culmination of the 4wd buggy design. Everything newer is merely a refinement.
dpackster1980
04-01-2014, 07:58 AM
I think the only company that has improved the layout is Yokomo by offsetting the motor so it's more towards the centre line of the chassis other than that it's about it.
It's the best comprise for the balance of the car. There's only so much you can do with 2 driveshafts running down the centre of a car.
I think it could mix it with the big boys still. It's a lot more refined than a B44 ever will be.
I came across some parts while going thru a box.
Anyone need a chassis or aluminum bits?
MOmo
jim sykes
25-03-2014, 07:06 PM
can anyone help
cheers jim
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.