PDA

View Full Version : Storing/Charging Metal Hydrides


enfieldbanana
19-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey there people,

I was hoping for some advice. What is the best way to store Team Orion 3300 nickel metal hydrides??? I use them once a week on a Thursday so they are in regular use. Should I:

1. Discharge them after racing and then store them til next week

2.Or just leave them with the remaining charge left in them after running them until next week.

When I charge them I discharge them on my Team Orion Advantage charger, then pop them on the Novak smart tray where I take them down to 0.9 per cell and then charge them at 5 amps.

Does anybody know any good step charge profiles for 3300's on the Team Orion Advantage???

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance people.

A

ashleyb4
19-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Dont step charge them just charge them using linear

A

markwilliamson2001
20-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Also charge them at 1C i.e. 3.3A for 3300mAh cells as per BRCA Guidelines.

M.

ashleyb4
20-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Yea i used to charge mine at 3.5amp 3mvper cell delta peak linear charge 10a discharge.

A

Lee
20-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry chaps thats balls :thumbdown:

The 3300s were a decent cell, i used to charge at 6 amps with no probs at all.

Ash, step charging actually improved the performance of the cell as well:thumbdown:

Just charge them at 5 or 6 amps and leave them after the race providing you didnt dump then the following week discharge and equalise before you charge. :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
20-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I have to agree with Lee there. If you charde 3300's at "the politicaly correct" 1C they would be gutless, at least 5 amps is what we recommend and that will make them go!!! No safety issues ever with this on the GP cells, unlike the IB4200's......

(Andy, you need to charge them high to make your buggy catch my X6........ LOL)

enfieldbanana
22-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Sorry chaps thats balls :thumbdown:

The 3300s were a decent cell, i used to charge at 6 amps with no probs at all.

Ash, step charging actually improved the performance of the cell as well:thumbdown:

Just charge them at 5 or 6 amps and leave them after the race providing you didnt dump then the following week discharge and equalise before you charge. :thumbsup:

Thanks people for the advice!!!

I'll keep on doing what I've been doing then (charging at 5amps, leave after race, discharge at 10 amps, equalise before charging at 5 amps again).

I think the first thing I need to do, to try to keep up with you is to stop driving like a muppet like I did in round 3 on Thursday. Plus drive my own race with a clear head.

Thanks for the advance people!!!!

A