PDA

View Full Version : oOple Invernational 2013 - Aug 9th-11th


jimmy
23-12-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/2013logo.jpg

The oOple Invernational 2013 dates are confirmed - August 9th-11th - and the plans are in motion to make the event even better than ever. The event will be at Robinhood Raceway's 'RHR DIRT' track, in Nottinghamshire, England.

More details soon!

trekkerkk
23-12-2012, 04:29 PM
awsome news ill try not to be in hospital this time lol

jaysllim
23-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Really looking forward to this

john333
23-12-2012, 04:56 PM
:wub:drool::woot:

sime46
23-12-2012, 05:12 PM
WOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
GAME ON!!

DeMogoobra
23-12-2012, 05:38 PM
I will be attending also. First race abroad and why not this one :)

TARTMAN
23-12-2012, 06:05 PM
If i get an invite this year, I will defo make it, Work will NOT get in the way.
Looked great last time and here talk it was. Gutted i missed it.

Robocop
23-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Hope i get in this year 3rd time lucky????

coleman758
23-12-2012, 07:10 PM
THE best meeting I've ever been at!

Hope to be there for 2013! To defend the beer race title :D

dhann42
23-12-2012, 07:29 PM
A fun packed weekend :)))

PS no chilies please

mark christopher
23-12-2012, 08:26 PM
awsome news Jimmy, where do i pay!:woot:

budgio
23-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Hope i get in this year 3rd time lucky????

same :)

Shifta
24-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Best News I've heard this year :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pugs
24-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Best News I've heard this year :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2nd that:) also the best racing of the year:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

gazbaz2
24-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Bring on the beer race :drool: I hope I get in:)

Martin Wallace
24-12-2012, 04:10 PM
FAO the organizers.

can we not bring the entry date/confirmation forward a good bit to confirm entries of people that are entering. people can then book travel inns/lodges in advance and work around work and summer holidays etc.

confirmation of people racing in this meeting is right up until the death. im 300 miles away not on the doorstep unfortunitly. ;)

would be a good help to prepair and know in advance.
thanks

jimmy
24-12-2012, 04:34 PM
We will do our best Martin - we also have the series to organise however and that's currently the priority to get sorted since it could also effect entries for the Invernatioal.
Can't really say much more than that right now and of course people will be upset if they don't get an entry but I have to say again that you can't get in if you don't enter - and that it's hugely over-subscribed and not everyone can get an entry, it's impossible. :cry:
Even if you're not racing however - and I never have - it's a great race to come to anyway with a great atmosphere and plenty of entertaining stuff and different people to meet.

john333
24-12-2012, 04:47 PM
If the unthinkable happens and I don't get an entry I will definitely come anyway, you're right jimmy, it's still great to be there even if not racing :)

Martin Wallace
24-12-2012, 05:20 PM
We will do our best Martin - we also have the series to organise however and that's currently the priority to get sorted since it could also effect entries for the Invernatioal.
Can't really say much more than that right now and of course people will be upset if they don't get an entry but I have to say again that you can't get in if you don't enter - and that it's hugely over-subscribed and not everyone can get an entry, it's impossible. :cry:
Even if you're not racing however - and I never have - it's a great race to come to anyway with a great atmosphere and plenty of entertaining stuff and different people to meet.


No worries jimmy, just thought id bring that up as it was a hassle for me and others i know last year trying to get hols at work with the short notice of confirmation.

great job as always cheers martin

coleman758
24-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Ditto!

Even if i don't get in to the race meeting!
I will be there, The night is quality, Its not very often you can have a drink with your racing pal!

If its same as last year you can have a little bit of a shake down on the astro too, Although I'm sure someone can confirm again.

The Chef
24-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I will be free. Fingers crossed for an entry.

tisher
24-12-2012, 08:13 PM
unfortunately for us we are away on holiday on that day so going to miss what is the best date in the RC calendar and a top weekend:(

coleman758
25-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Unlucky!! :cry:

jonathan may
25-12-2012, 11:51 AM
hope i can get in this year been trying 3 times :(

OneKiwi
26-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Ill look at coming, are there places set aside for overseas racers?

James
26-12-2012, 06:16 PM
If you're coming from overseas you will get a priority yes, we provide pitting tables, chairs and power for our overseas visitors too to make your travel arrangements easier.

The Chef
26-12-2012, 09:31 PM
If you're coming from overseas you will get a priority yes, we provide pitting tables, chairs and power for our overseas visitors too to make your travel arrangements easier.

I think this is a fantastic policy to encourage foreign drivers to come.

OneKiwi
27-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice
Youll post hotel/hostel info at a later date or do we have to do that ourselves?
Sleeping at the venue, thinking if there are caravans or rooms?

Frecklychimp
27-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Nice
Youll post hotel/hostel info at a later date or do we have to do that ourselves?
Sleeping at the venue, thinking if there are caravans or rooms?

It will be pretty much same info as here:

http://www.ooplerace.com/info.html

I wouldn't go booking anything until you have a confirmed place for the event though matey

:thumbsup:

James
27-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice
Youll post hotel/hostel info at a later date or do we have to do that ourselves?
Sleeping at the venue, thinking if there are caravans or rooms?

There is no accommodation onsite, unless you bring a caravan, motorhome or tent, local hotels can be found here (link below) but you can of course search for others nearby yourself, the venue postcode is S81 8EU

Hotels and camping:

http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/#/campinghotelsamenities/4531618831

International Travel:

http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/#/international-travel/4539667580

Map and local info:

http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/#/map-local-info/4532872984

scotty_big_flip
27-12-2012, 04:42 PM
fingers crossed :D

Cardnim
27-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Holy Christmas cheer, batman!
Didn't expect this to be announced for a while yet, so that's a cool New Years gift.
Can't wait for Team N.I. to muster their vast army again :)

h0m3sy
27-12-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm going to apply for a place this year Andrew, so you will have competition for the wooden spoon :lol::lol::lol:

john333
27-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm going to try and not let the stress of wondering if I've got a place get to me this year...........it put years on me last time lol:woot:

Cardnim
28-12-2012, 11:33 AM
You mean you aren't 65 John? :p

Danny Harrison
18-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I think I'll go regardless of getting an entry, just for the giggles and atmosphere.

:thumbsup:

john333
18-01-2013, 03:26 PM
You mean you aren't 65 John? :p

I was 21 before I put my entry in for the last one, weeks later I was 43 lol