PDA

View Full Version : HW V2.1 120amp boost able ?


Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Can anyone tell me if the HW v2.1 120amp is boostable?
If so how?
I am struggling lol
Thanks

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 11:44 AM
yep. you need the programming card though

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Steve
I have the program box
And the latest software from HW
But when I plug it all in the lap top will only adjust the esc and not the program box
Odd?

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 11:53 AM
probably teaching you to suck eggs, but you can change which device you update on the software.

It doesnt need to be plugged into laptop to change the ESC settings, just put the wire from esc into the car and power the car up. Just press the OK button every time u make a change so it saves it

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Cheers Steve
I think I tried that but will try again
Thanks

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 11:57 AM
jump on fb chat mate

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I've just found out there are two types of program boxes
Mines the older one
The 2 in 1 type
So now am I right in thinking I need to look for an older software update?
I have version V3.2 installed on my laptop
Thanks

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 10:13 PM
No it should be fine

Start over, what u trying to do?

Big paul
30-12-2012, 10:26 PM
If the 2 in 1 box is a small black box with 4 buttons on the front and it says 2 in 1 professional program box then It is the correct box.
You do need the right soft ware for the ecs. I run the 211 stock on my H/W 2.1 I find it very adequate for 1/10 touring car with a 13.5 motor.

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Hi Paul
Thanks but cannot find any boost software available on HW site

Big paul
30-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Ill have a look for you and post a link If I can find any thing.
there is a tutorial on face book on how to load the soft ware ect its worth a look. But you need the soft ware first.

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks Paul
I've been updating software
But I cannot find any that have boost
Am I going insane

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Scott are u going on Wednesday? Bring ure laptop and find me lol

Rebelrc
30-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Sorry Steve
Not able to make Wednesday
But will be at maritime on Tuesday the 8th
Are you there?
This is a nightmare lol

s22jgs
30-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Sorry Steve
Not able to make Wednesday
But will be at maritime on Tuesday the 8th
Are you there?
This is a nightmare lol

yeh ill be there

benl
31-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi I have been using V3.1 on my XERUN 2.1 which works fine and is boostable.
It might be worth contacting CPD Racing to see if they can supply any of the pre V3.2 software. I have just tried their site but it only has links to hobbywings own site where they are no longer available, unless I am missing something. But worth seeing if they can help, always been really friendly and helpful in the past.

s22jgs
31-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I've got 3.2 and 3.1 software on my laptop Scott. We'll get it working lol

Big paul
31-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you are sorted, but just found this.
http://fiveeight0sixsix.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/updating-older-hobbywing-escs-with-the-latest-v3-1-software/
this is full of links ect that may help.

Rebelrc
31-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys:)

wreckers
31-12-2012, 03:13 PM
heres the latest HW filmware v3.2 i uploaded as few of my mates struggle finding filmware on site

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3az3cn

install software
plug in LCD box, Launch HW usb link
then select 2n1 (from upper bar/column)
now should show you which filmware box is on an from here can update it (508)

now connect esc with battery to box
select esc in top bar
switch on esc
from here can update filmware on esc with 930 stock or mod

Rebelrc
31-12-2012, 04:18 PM
I have v1.06 firmware
And trying to upgrade to v1.08
And it says not possible:thumbdown:

wreckers
31-12-2012, 04:32 PM
should do as i've updated a few boxes from v1.06 to v1.08 , i'm using xp tho

Rebelrc
31-12-2012, 07:49 PM
One small step for ( normal ) man
One giant leap for my IT skills!
We have boost!!!!!!!!!
But program box still says no.
So I can just use my laptop now until I get it sorted
Thanks for all of your help people
Happy New Year:thumbsup: