PDA

View Full Version : Sv2 transmission clicks when you spin wheels


Chris Elworthy
02-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Alright lads,

I'm just building my new sv2 kit and am not happy with the freeness of the transmission after the initial build. If you spin the transmission via the wheel to check freeness there is a horrible click as it spins. I'm aware that there is a flat spot on the gears after the initial build that needs to be run in but this seems more severe to me. I stripped the transmission down again and carefully rebuilt it and the issue persists.
It's as though the gears are not meshed correctly in the transmission housings.

Could anybody tell me if they had this issue and whether I should be concearned? My 22's transmission is like silk in comparision.

Chris

johnnygibbon
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
try the schumacer section dude
its full of advice about over engineered crap gearboxs on cougars
they were awful when they fist came out but i thought they had sorted it
good luck
just reminds me why i wont ever be racing a schumacer

Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Should have bought a rb6...... Buy cheap you buy twice.... :p

Evo_Snr
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Should have bought a rb6...... Buy cheap you buy twice.... :p

Break once, Go Home :p:p:p

Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Haha no that was my fault for putting the wrong part on the car. Otherwise it's a tough car. Won't happen next time

Chris Elworthy
02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Well said Eric haha!!! RB6? Pah!! I could batter you with a Tyco!! Hahahaha!!



You do realise after bigging up your RB6 so much over the last week we all expect you to TQ all five rounds and win the A by a lap or you...and more importantly the good name of Kyosho shall forever be deemed a faliure!!!


Chris

Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I've never said I'd win, I just love the car

Chris Elworthy
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
People who can't read instructions shouldn't be in charge of such an expensive vehicle!!


Chris

Gavin Collingwood
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I've never said I'd win, I just love the car

danDanEFC
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Haha no that was my fault for putting the wrong part on the car. Otherwise it's a tough car. Won't happen next time

Is that a challenge to the gorgeous TD SRCC Mafia! :lol: