View Full Version : Speed Passion Revention R
tdi250
02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have on eof these?
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/electrics/speed-controllers/speed-passion/speed-passion-reventon-r-esc-2s-blue.html
They seem amazing and are dirt cheap, does anyone know why they are so competitive on price? Am I missing something?
Chesty
02-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I think they reduced the price from around £85-90 recently. No idea why, seems a great deal to me - you even get a USB equipped programming box.
I bought one for use in a 2wd buggy - seems fine so far.
I updated to the latest software before I used it because there was a thread on here about people having various issues with early models. I get the impression from what I've read that they don't like very high load applications - like 6.5 or lower in a 4wd. That's what the pro version ismore suited to though...
tdi250
02-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback Chesty,
I was wondering about the high load limit as it's only rated at 70Amps, but it does say a 5.5 turn motor limit so was a bit confused.
I should probably go for something with a higher load rating so I can run a 5.5 turn in my 4wd without any issues.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.