neallewis
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Has anyone used the XB4 6-hole pistons yet?
Most people seem to have built it as kit and used the 3-hole pistons. Just wondered if anyone had tried the selection of included 6-hole pistons.
I built as per kit, which was fine on the carpet, but loose on the gym floor. The car was great over the jumps, but rubbish on the crash mats. I think I was over damped, after talking to others running 4wd (410/b44/etc), so am looking to lighten it up. Other XB4's looked the same as mine on the crash mats, but they had setup similar oils/pistons.
So would going to thinner oils with the stock 3-hole pistons be the way to go, or stick with the oil and use one of the three sets of 6-holes?
Most people seem to have built it as kit and used the 3-hole pistons. Just wondered if anyone had tried the selection of included 6-hole pistons.
I built as per kit, which was fine on the carpet, but loose on the gym floor. The car was great over the jumps, but rubbish on the crash mats. I think I was over damped, after talking to others running 4wd (410/b44/etc), so am looking to lighten it up. Other XB4's looked the same as mine on the crash mats, but they had setup similar oils/pistons.
So would going to thinner oils with the stock 3-hole pistons be the way to go, or stick with the oil and use one of the three sets of 6-holes?