PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Power supply unit


MattK
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Just ordered one of these. (see Link)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-30A-360W-DC-Switch-Switching-Power-Supply-Driver-For-LED-Strip-Light-Display-/370688274655?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement _Equipment_ET&hash=item564ebe30df

30A 12V PSU for less than 20quid.
I know you can use old computer PSU but seems a bit too much messing about. When this arrives will put it into a box, a flex lead and plug for mains and couple of banana sockets for Vout, job done.
Thought I would post as it maybe of intrest to someone.

:)

trax de max
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I thought the same about the computer/server supplies they did look hard work, maybe easier if i had a go at doing one.
I use two playstation 3 23.5A power supplies( aps-231), probably the easiest thing to do. The 4mm outputs are already built in the only soldering was two of the wires on the ribbon cable at the back.There's different rating supplies upto 32 or 33A
inlet sockets just plug in and bolt to casing.
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7034/twopowersupplies.jpg
4mm outputs already there.
http://imageshack.us/a/img252/2752/rearviewx.jpg
The two wires that need connecting.
http://imageshack.us/a/img4/8241/wiresshorted.jpg
And my charging box.
http://imageshack.us/a/img89/9448/201210190007.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/4531/201210190002.jpg
Could do with a different box but it was all I had, there is an mpa board to go in there.
http://imageshack.us/a/img694/6422/201210190006.jpg