PDA

View Full Version : First night tonight


shaungooner
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi there

I'm coming along for my first time this evening and am in ned of some help if at all possible

Would anyone there be happy to solder deans connectors to my ESC and battery as I've not done this before and don't want to make a complete hash of it!

I'd really appreciate it if someone would be willing to help me out with this

Thanks

Shaun

blue_pinky
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi Shaun,

There are a number of talented soldering people around, so come along and make yourself known, we'll get you sorted :)

See you later on!

jaysllim
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Ill be there tonight building my car,so ill gladly h3lp u out if u want.the don of soldering is mr nanchollis brother lol (not being rude but iv forgotten his name lol) ill be the one in the wheelchair,although if mr steed turns up(whitch i hope he does as i miss the banter with him),then ill b the younger one.otherwise there will b plenty of ppl there who will help.ill bring my soldering stuff nd see wa happens.

Jay

shaungooner
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
thanks guys that's a huge help

now just need to buy the connectors, does anyone know if Paul at Trackside has them, tried calling but no answer!!

thanks again, I can see I'm gonna like this club

Shaun

Teaboy
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I will have a couple of connectors in my box if you need them, i will have the Martini Lancia coloured micro.

Cheers

Rich

shaungooner
04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Rich you're a star!

I'll be the clueless guy wandering around looking for people who have a clue!!

shaungooner
05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
massive thanks to Rich for supplying the connectors and to Jay for soldering them, really enjoyed my first night and am looking forward to becoming a regular at Caldicot

see you all next Friday

hit5005
05-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Glad u enjoyed it has it was a buzzy night uv got the bug

Teaboy
05-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Im glad you enjoyed it, you will become hooked now!!!

Caldi is a really friendly club you will get to know us all in a few weeks.

See you when i get back from holiday.

Cheers

Rich

jaysllim
05-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Soz i didnt get chqnce to speak to u last nht but (as most probably seen heard or laughed at) i was trying to get a servo to fit in my car,a very simple thing for all except me.i even need help tying my shoelaces lol no really i do lol so soz shaun for being rude i promise i wont b so rude nxt time.r u going to caldy tomoz? Would b nice to actually get chance to talk to u nd not have my bk to the trak nd head in a car lol

J

shaungooner
06-01-2013, 06:29 AM
thanks again guys

sadly Jay I can't make the national today but I'll be back next Friday

does anyone have a set of yellow rally blocks they'd be prepared to sell to me?

if not could you tell me the best place to buy them please?

see you next week and good luck to all who are competing today