View Full Version : what charging rate for TX NIHM
Loheswaran
04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Dear all
I have just bought a 9.6V 2500MAH Nihm for my transmitter, and wanted to know at which rate I can charge it up to.
I've thus far been doing it at 0.5V with my Core RC charger, but wouldn't mind a faster charge, especially for quick trackside charging.
thanks for any input in advance.
Lohan
Howler
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I charge mine at 1amp and it gets warm during charging but not hot. No problems with the battery, and mine is only a 2000.
Loheswaran
04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
much appreciated
adon30
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
If your charging it for the first time do it at 0.1c or less and if possible have a 10hour time out. This conditions the cells and prevents false peaks. Also keep an eye on the temperature of the cells. Charging at the lower rate should prevent sudden heat build up that a higher charge rate may give.
After that you should be able to charge at a lot higher rate. 1A should be fine for emergency use trackside.
fido-dido
06-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Second that.
Normally as low as possible to do an overnight charge, 1a at track side between races as emergency.
I do mine a 0.3A overnight on a plug in the wall rip max charger..
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.