PDA

View Full Version : No racing at Oldham today, outdoor track at Goshen, instead


Howler
06-01-2013, 10:06 AM
There's no power on at the Oldham venue so we're going to run outdoor at Goshen as the weather looks good.

Cremegg
06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
What time are you starting at goshen?

Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Early as poss but most likely 12

Cremegg
06-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Ok thanks

I might come down and have a look

losichris
06-01-2013, 05:33 PM
good day outdoors! was soooo hard to race by the time it was A final, couldnt see the top corners!!! :lol:

Si Coe
06-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Best outdoor meeting in ages - in January! Weather was just right, track was amazing, lots of drivers and some close racing - loved it!

Still not seen Gav's RB6 actually going though :p

Br00kie
06-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Didn't you notice Gav signed for Schumacher today :woot:
Plus one of the driest meetings in Burys illustriuos and long history
one for the record books me thinks

Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Car is sorted now. Well when I get a couple of new spur gears.... Ste no chance. Still wouldn't have a schumacher unless it was free like stu ha. My car is fine it's the idiot that built it putting the motor in with the wrong holes and also not making sure the screws were tight enough. Just teething problems that's all

Br00kie
06-01-2013, 07:24 PM
To be fair Gav it did look to be going really well before you had the problem with the spur gear. Sack the pitman:p

Howler
06-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Good day's racing, even if i did have a lot of tyre trouble.

Cremegg
06-01-2013, 07:59 PM
As being my first time, I really enjoyed it, definitely got the bug for it now

Apart from the few mishaps. I've ordered a load of spares so ill prepared next time.

Thanks again for the people who helped me today too, much Appriaciated :)

Si Coe
06-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Car is sorted now. Well when I get a couple of new spur gears.... Ste no chance. Still wouldn't have a schumacher unless it was free like stu ha. My car is fine it's the idiot that built it putting the motor in with the wrong holes and also not making sure the screws were tight enough. Just teething problems that's all

Teething problems is right - you stripped every one off the spur!

See - the RB6 jokes just run and run. Unlike the RB6.......

Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Ste- yes it was and I can't sack myself just because I can't manage to build a car properly, mesh a motor or drive Stu's K1 with any degree of skill at all.......
Si - piss off you'll be eating your words soon ...

Br00kie
06-01-2013, 09:01 PM
well at the very least you should give yourself a good talking too and be sent to bed without any supper:p

dougher
06-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks to roger, Paul and woody for taking time out to talk to me today, hopefully will get my losing xx back on the road soon... had to order a front arm from America! Any advice on what charger to buy would be gratefully received, in fact all new electrics are needed!

Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 09:38 PM
I've got an old xxcr kinwald if with a lot of old parts knocking about if you're ever struggling.
Gav

dougher
06-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice one Gavin, I might come and see you T the next race meeting if you don't mind?

Si Coe
06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Ste- yes it was and I can't sack myself.
Si - piss off you'll be eating your words soon ...


I'd be very careful what you say Gav - I've got moderating rights on this thread.......

Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I meant it in the nicest possible way si.... :-)
Yeah mate I'll be there I've got a green kyosho rb6
Gav

Chris Elworthy
07-01-2013, 07:00 AM
......the green RB6 that will be marooned on the pit bench!!

Sorry Gav, was just too hard to resist!! Ha!

It was a great meeting yesterday after the frustrations of the morning, a bit of a squeeze to get finished before dark but we just about managed it. Indifferent day on a personal note for me with me new Sv2, the handling of the car out the box is incouraging but the driveshaft did feel the need to self district during round 3 after no obvious impact! Glitchy electrical issues blighted my day too, will hopefully have it sorted for next time.


Chris

Gavin Collingwood
07-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Marooned alongside your slab