View Full Version : bmrcc goshen 2013 events and suggestions
johnnygibbon
06-01-2013, 07:00 PM
so with a succesful outdoor meeting and hopefully a good season to come
whats happening at goshen this year , we still need to mod the track and paint things , but also how about some special events like,
team event , mixed abillityndrivers in teams points system highest overall wins , may cause some arguments but would be iteresting
endurance event , 6 drivers per team 10 mins each or 4 with big batteries:lol:
500 laps at about 30 s a lap like todays track ish we would race for just over 4 hours first team transponder to clock 500 laps wins
"the goshen 500"
endurace event 2 , most laps in 5 hours of racing wins. simaler teams ect#
oval racing , basically we race in a massive oval stock car style but use the corner features an maybe the tabletop in it so its off road oval racing
figure of 8 , same as above but with x over jump in the middle. wild :woot:
plenty of members who are having fun racing at bury nowadays and today proves it , some events like these would be differant to what we normally do and might even help some get better skills with having more track time or car set up advice in a team
any more ideas or suggestions on how we can have an enjoyable year and something differant at goshen , stick em on a post lets see whos keen
Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Aww yeah! We used to race teams non stop racing all night with pit changes at trax raceway years ago it was ace!! The only problem was having fair teams....
johnnygibbon
06-01-2013, 07:43 PM
poll added and the option of a time trial event
it works well for the isle of man ...............
silverfox
06-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Great racing today for early Jan
Enjoyed the early tour of Oldham!
Think the endurance/team event is a great idea-need a bit of thought to come up with a workable format but can.t be to difficult
Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
We used to share a transponder and have to change over and work as a team the better thing these days is you could run for 20 mins each potentially given the run time of lipo!!
shanks
06-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Not that I even race anymore but my vote would be for an oval race - I like em because they are easier yet still racing
Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Johnny.... If you wanna race oval go and get a mardave....that sounds poo
johnnygibbon
06-01-2013, 09:47 PM
giant off road oval dude , not flat , i am no mardave racer , but fast rapid laps with loads of other cars would be wild , its not all about fast laps and set ups , sometimes its just fun doing something differant with the cars for fun.
the endurance race seems popular to
Gavin Collingwood
06-01-2013, 10:00 PM
We used to do team endurance races they were ace, sharing a transponder and working as a team was brilliant
Maddy
07-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Endurance race but pick names (out of the hat) that way 1 team isn't the fastest having the better drivers and it will give new comers a chance to get to know other racers better.
Si Coe
07-01-2013, 08:23 PM
The event I'd love to hold is a team endurance build and race.
At the start of the meeting the teams get an unassembled Madrat kit and say 6 hours to build it and do as many laps as possible - no spares except whats in the box. Rushing the build gets you on the track faster, but you risk it all dieing on you!
johnnygibbon
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Kit Madrat
Endurance
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
2 hours building ten mins racing
Five hours fifty min cursing ansmann
Maybe one car per team or one class per team
So 2wd and 4 wd endurance is a different class but on track at sane time
Or run what ya brung 10 th scale only
Darren Wales
07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
mmm not keen on the build kit first idea Si, but liking this poll Johnny.
My votes go to both the team and endurance ideas.
As far as picking teams, it would need to be on the already known driver standard and not just mates pooling together, for it to work effectively. So, it would need all entrants to accept the decisions made when teams are formed.
But love the ideas, nice work Johnny.
Will see you all soon.
Darren
Gavin Collingwood
07-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Kit build si.....? We like racing not building?! And the way we used to do the team endurance was basically have four or five drivers per team with each one being different ability say, woody would be your best driver then a driver from lower down the A then the b and so on. So every team would have a beginner and a better driver and people of gradual ability in between.
Pulling names out of a hat wouldn't work as you could end up with very unfair teams
Howler
07-01-2013, 11:08 PM
We need a Tamiya Lunchbox race!
Otherwise the team endurance race sounds good.
johnnygibbon
08-01-2013, 05:32 PM
even with teams of mates an endurance event is not quite like racing as long as most drivers are ok they can be competative
but maybe a seperate class for f1 f2 drivers if they eneter full pro teams
maybe seperate classes for teams to enter ,but all on track at the same time , kiegthly had good events with mixed teams and it was competative and fun , but reliabillity batteries and breakages all play a part ,
good enjoyable day with the cars and mates to
4cells
08-01-2013, 05:40 PM
how about 2 man teams with 1 car.
one on steering and the other on throttle
losichris
08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
problem with team events... whos cars gonna get trashed?!?
Would be good if the teams were picked the week before,2 juniors 2 7/8 level 2 9/10 and so on. Then team members put £10 in the hat, which covers racing and the cheapest rtr car. The car gets bought from our brilliant local shop.
So every team has the same car/electrics etc. All we have to do is keep charging our own batteries, as one comes off the other goes on.
Starting time 12-4 constant racing.
The winners get the donated cars from each team, trashed or not trashed.
Si Coe
08-01-2013, 10:31 PM
The way we were proposing doing it is that each driver runs their own car, so nobodys gets particularly thrashed.
The team gets a club handout transponder that gets swapped between cars rather than keeping one car going.
Now to some extent that takes the 'endurance' bit out but working out changeover tactics is important as is deciding how long each driver will run for.
There is nothing to stop teams running one car only, but no need either.
Done properly I don't really car about balancing teams because its not really about the winning - this sort of event is supposed to be a laugh.
How about giving each team a joker card they can ay at any time - Stuff like knock 10 laps off one opposition team, or nominate a team that is not allowed to be marshalled for 3 minutes etc just to randomise things......
Gavin Collingwood
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
You misunderstand Chris, you use your own cars. You just share the same transponder
Howler
08-01-2013, 11:23 PM
...or nominate a team that is not allowed to be marshalled for 3 minutes etc just to randomise things......
So who does marshal?
Si Coe
08-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Each team sends out a driver not currently driving to marshal.
There are 2 ways of doing that.
1) Each team only marshals their own car. If nobody turns up only that team suffers.
2) Each team covers a marshal point. Here it is important that when drivers switch over, replacement marshals arrive before the old one leaves. Laps are docked for teams not covering their marshal point.
Either way marshalling is really important and a team of good drivers who don't turn out to marshal can soon find themselves losing places.
Howler
09-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Option 2, otherwise you'll have people running across the track everywhere!
budfish
09-01-2013, 08:23 AM
You misunderstand Chris, you use your own cars. You just share the same transponder
WRONG!!! The point of a endurance event is to push the car to the limits not so much the driver.
As most of you know team buds balls came 3rd over all and 2nd in class in yorks endurance event.
It's great fun each driver on the team donates a bit of tackle to the team ie motor
The biggest expense was tyres
budfish
09-01-2013, 09:03 AM
So who does marshal?
One Marshall per team on the track at any one time
tisher
09-01-2013, 01:33 PM
WRONG!!! The point of a endurance event is to push the car to the limits not so much the driver.
As most of you know team buds balls came 3rd over all and 2nd in class in yorks endurance event.
It's great fun each driver on the team donates a bit of tackle to the team ie motor
The biggest expense was tyres
And what fun we had :lol:espically the Kebabs
Chris Elworthy
09-01-2013, 03:15 PM
In a traditional racing sense how about having a club summer championship for 2wd and 4wd similar to our indoor super 7's series? Maybe call it the summer super 7s series with trophies for top 3 in each class for the series and maybe top 3 in each class per meeting?
It would involve very little more organisation just collating the points after each round into the championship standings. The series I believe would attract a few more drivers to meetings as there is something to race for and would be a good introduction to the format of regionals for the new and less experienced club racers. No special rules will be inforced for the series other than 2wd/4wd and SC shall be split into different heats and race towards the relevant championship.
What do people think? Surely a bit of a series rather than fun class every week would be fun? The majority of clubs run a club championship as in indicator to driver progress.
Chris
losichris
09-01-2013, 03:38 PM
In a traditional racing sense how about having a club summer championship for 2wd and 4wd similar to our indoor super 7's series? Maybe call it the summer super 7s series with trophies for top 3 in each class for the series and maybe top 3 in each class per meeting?
It would involve very little more organisation just collating the points after each round into the championship standings. The series I believe would attract a few more drivers to meetings as there is something to race for and would be a good introduction to the format of regionals for the new and less experienced club racers. No special rules will be inforced for the series other than 2wd/4wd and SC shall be split into different heats and race towards the relevant championship.
What do people think? Surely a bit of a series rather than fun class every week would be fun? The majority of clubs run a club championship as in indicator to driver progress.
Chris
Yes, dont think this has been done since the old track.
Even if it means a slightly higher book in fee, that can go towards trophy prices or whatever stu can donate :p
Think the club definatly needs a championship. Theres lots of regulars, need something to race for....
Gavin Collingwood
09-01-2013, 07:11 PM
WRONG!!! The point of a endurance event is to push the car to the limits not so much the driver.
As most of you know team buds balls came 3rd over all and 2nd in class in yorks endurance event.
It's great fun each driver on the team donates a bit of tackle to the team ie motor
The biggest expense was tyres
Er....... WRONG! I wasn't talking about "endurance" I was talking about team relays events. 2hrs constant race, 5 man team, first one out drives the first stint, the second driver gets car ready on rostrum with tranny for second driving stint, another member does the transponder change, the driver who has just come off from racing goes out to marshal and two others are free to do maintenance of their car and it rotates in that format. So each driver ability is in order first less talented to last most talented and each stint is say 5 minutes it could even be 10 or more given how long lipo last so you end up racing the same people but in one long continuous race. It used to be brilliant fun and you really had to work a a team with pits ect...
Gavin Collingwood
09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
In a traditional racing sense how about having a club summer championship for 2wd and 4wd similar to our indoor super 7's series? Maybe call it the summer super 7s series with trophies for top 3 in each class for the series and maybe top 3 in each class per meeting?
It would involve very little more organisation just collating the points after each round into the championship standings. The series I believe would attract a few more drivers to meetings as there is something to race for and would be a good introduction to the format of regionals for the new and less experienced club racers. No special rules will be inforced for the series other than 2wd/4wd and SC shall be split into different heats and race towards the relevant championship.
What do people think? Surely a bit of a series rather than fun class every week would be fun? The majority of clubs run a club championship as in indicator to driver progress.
Chris
Totally agree need a more competitive edge
Maddy
09-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Me, Steve howler, Chris, Alan,and my lad Dan ran our own little championship last summer and it worked really well and made for loads of banter and came down to the last race of the season,because there was 5 of us first place got 4 points 2nd 3points 3rd 2points 4th 1point,and you get 1 point for racing that day,the idea was no one went away without a point and no one could create a big margin between the 5 of us thats why it stayed very close till the end.
were now running a winter series too,bloody howler is leading at the mo......
Howler
09-01-2013, 08:37 PM
bloody howler is leading at the mo......
4 in a row :thumbsup:
Maddy
09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
not for long.........
budfish
09-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Aww yeah! We used to race teams non stop racing all night with pit changes at trax raceway years ago it was ace!! The only problem was having fair teams....
We used to share a transponder and have to change over and work as a team the better thing these days is you could run for 20 mins each potentially given the run time of lipo!!
We used to do team endurance races they were ace, sharing a transponder and working as a team was brilliant
Kit build si.....? We like racing not building?! And the way we used to do the team endurance was basically have four or five drivers per team with each one being different ability say, woody would be your best driver then a driver from lower down the A then the b and so on. So every team would have a beginner and a better driver and people of gradual ability in between.
Pulling names out of a hat wouldn't work as you could end up with very unfair teams
You misunderstand Chris, you use your own cars. You just share the same transponder
Er....... WRONG! I wasn't talking about "endurance" I was talking about team relays events. 2hrs constant race, 5 man team, first one out drives the first stint, the second driver gets car ready on rostrum with tranny for second driving stint, another member does the transponder change, the driver who has just come off from racing goes out to marshal and two others are free to do maintenance of their car and it rotates in that format. So each driver ability is in order first less talented to last most talented and each stint is say 5 minutes it could even be 10 or more given how long lipo last so you end up racing the same people but in one long continuous race. It used to be brilliant fun and you really had to work a a team with pits ect...
Er. Funny that as you don't mention in any of your posts all you go on about is team endurance .............fool
Gavin Collingwood
09-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm sorry? What with the attitude?
Gavin Collingwood
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Too much time on your hands...
budfish
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry? What with the attitude?
No attitude little fella just the truth
johnnygibbon
09-01-2013, 10:48 PM
i will ask james w about how they ran theres . we neeed more than 2 hours track time for endurance 4 to 5 hours min
one car is ok but everyone using there own would probly be better so more dads and lads can race
dunno about team relay seems a bit crap to strict , we got all that in racing club days regionals ect, im thinking something fun and differant and an occasional or one off thing not really about traditional racing as we no it
endurance free for all with a big laugh included would be ace though
budfish
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry? What with the attitude?
No attitude big fella just the truth
Gavin Collingwood
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
And your name is?
budfish
09-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Take a wild guess?
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Ignore him Gav, he's clearly taking a break from furiously masturbating to animal porn as he sure as hell can't have a girlfriend with this much time on his hands.
It's really big and hard trolling behing a keyboard...I applaud you Budfish!!
budfish
10-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm more into drawf porn at the minute!! Lol
As for trolling not sure what you mean? I was right he was wrong its not rocket science. I bet you 2 have mail order brides
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Looking for things in other people's posts to shoot them down, maybe contribute something constructive to the argument and you may be taken more seriously. Gav writes a lot on here but at least most of it is valid and informative as far as i know you don't even race at Bury Metro very often anyway.
budfish
10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
That's a bit rich my post was constructive it was you to that started slinging the abuse . I corrected gav he said was wasn't talking about endurance but relay so I pointed out that infact he was writing about endurance. Then you jump in with insults relating to beastialty and insulting my wife ? Not on at all ill be I next meeting and let's see if you insult my wife to my face. As for my commitment to this club it is unquestionable. So don't . You are the troll
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Fair enough. I look forward to the next meeting
Gavin Collingwood
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Now now boys... To be fair you didnt come across constructive.... It came across very patronising and belittling. If you meant no offence then just be careful how you write on here things said in text can be taken very different than when spoken
Howler
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
ROFL, somebody pass the popcorn.
budfish
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I made the same mistakes as you are doing when I joined bury. Treating past members with contempt because they hadn't been racing at bury for a while........... Truth is the people I was having a go at had done more for the club than ever i had at that point. There fore having a vested intrest in the club and just as much right to post their opinion if not more than I. The old track and the new track all built by members past and present. So next time you go up the steps to the rostrum think to yourself I wonder who built this and put it up in the peeing down rain? And then maybe you'll think twice before posting" you don't even race here no more" type comments
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 12:26 PM
I take your point Budfish and of course we appriciate the hard work yourself and other club members put in to build the track and run the club. It wasn't really my place to start defending Gav but I saw what you was writing as Inconstuctive and personal which I believe there is no place for on the forums.
Having read back through the posts it appears that your disagreements with eachother are due to a misunderstanding. The original question was "what would you like to see at Bury Metro" with a list of possibilities including team races, endurance, oval etc. Gav's comments were relating to a team event structure so what he was saying was indeed correct and your comments re: endurance were also correct.
Myself and Gav also have a vested intrest in the club, we are returning members who were a member of the club durning the old track days but I accept your opinions regarding respect towards established members. I'm sure your comments on here reflect your sarcastic sense of humour that people who know you will find amusing but as people who do not know you your posts can come accross as belittling as Gav said.
We all want to make Bury metro an even greater club for all to race at and I'm sure if we work together we will make it so.
I apologise if I caused offence but it was just a reaction to what I saw as unneccessary banter, I hope we can leave it here and continue the thread as it began.
Hopefully meet you at the next meeting if you are there.
Chris
Gavin Collingwood
10-01-2013, 12:34 PM
I've no idea what's going on now... Past members and all that...? Whatever, I just want to race and have fun.
budfish
10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I take your point Budfish and of course we appriciate the hard work yourself and other club members put in to build the track and run the club. It wasn't really my place to start defending Gav but I saw what you was writing as Inconstuctive and personal which I believe there is no place for on the forums.
Having read back through the posts it appears that your disagreements with eachother are due to a misunderstanding. The original question was "what would you like to see at Bury Metro" with a list of possibilities including team races, endurance, oval etc. Gav's comments were relating to a team event structure so what he was saying was indeed correct and your comments re: endurance were also correct.
Myself and Gav also have a vested intrest in the club, we are returning members who were a member of the club durning the old track days but I accept your opinions regarding respect towards established members. I'm sure your comments on here reflect your sarcastic sense of humour that people who know you will find amusing but as people who do not know you your posts can come accross as belittling as Gav said.
We all want to make Bury metro an even greater club for all to race at and I'm sure if we work together we will make it so.
I apologise if I caused offence but it was just a reaction to what I saw as unneccessary banter, I hope we can leave it here and continue the thread as it began.
Hopefully meet you at the next meeting if you are there.
Chris
Well said I was just yanking your chains anyway:p it dosnt have trouble causer under my name for nothing a title I wear with pride
Ill see you all soon and ill have my balls at chadderton this Sunday
Buds
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 01:19 PM
If you are advertising your balls in the Chadderton area on Sunday I suggest you advertise on a gay dating site not Oople!
.....couldn't resist haha!
tisher
10-01-2013, 03:27 PM
you coming down to chadderton sunday then buds? I will see you there pal I have managed to sneak a 2wd place even tho I only have a crappy b4 to run:woot::lol:As for the endurance event at Bury sounds like a good idea but you would need a massive turn out to get a decent set of teams together running the same format as yorks 24hour endurance would work best in my opinion;)
coleman758
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM
you coming down to chadderton sunday then buds? I will see you there pal I have managed to sneak a 2wd place even tho I only have a crappy b4 to run:woot::lol:As for the endurance event at Bury sounds like a good idea but you would need a massive turn out to get a decent set of teams together running the same format as yorks 24hour endurance would work best in my opinion;)
I don't think York is doing a 24hr this year!
Maybe Bury should host one??
Team Budsballs 20013? Although it don't fancy doing a 24hr at Goshen,
one it will be cold two, there is a 96% change someone will get mugged or murdered!
Maybe indoors?
Howler
10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Won't be so cold in summer, no colder than camping anywhere. Assuming there'd be plenty of people around so I reckon safe enough.
Howler
10-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Who knows in 18000 years though...
Chris Elworthy
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Surely the biggest problem with a 24 hr race at Goshen would be the 6 or so hours of darkness?
budfish
10-01-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm sure we have flood lights somewhere if not they can be hired
I don't think York is doing a 24hr this year!
http://www.yorcc.org.uk/racing-calendar/
March... although TBC still
Darren Wales
10-01-2013, 08:47 PM
24hrs might be an idea, but to be honest I would say at this early stage, very unlikely, given the location of the track with the residents that would without doubt object. I think the council would reject any suggestion.
Sorry to dampen this idea, but the enthusiasm being shown by all, including the 'trouble causer' is great.
P.s am still waiting for an update from the council re facilities and the funding bid!!!! Soooo slow.
I'm there for the Feb indoor, day off finally falls right.
Darren
As someone who isn't a Bury member and hasn't been there for several years, here's my opinion...
I've done Ebor24 twice. I did the old Mike Leonard Endurance at TRCC once (it was a 6hr race with drivers using their own cars)
IMO the TRCC one was much more fun - you put your own car down and thrashed the hell out of it for 10min (or as long as you wanted) and then let someone else do the same with their own car. There was no worries about making things last, everyone bought their own tyres, etc, and no laps were lost if the car was smashed.
Whilst not technically an endurance event, it's the only one of the two I would do again (I'm already out of this years Ebor24)
Si Coe
10-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I think the team event rather than single car endurance will be a lot easier to put together - teams of 4 means that with 20 takers thats 5 cars on the track at a time, 40 and its a full grid so it doesn't take massive numbers.
I've done a 4 hour and that was a pretty good time length to go for. With a team of 4 its actually pretty busy - you need one driver on, one marshalling, one ready to go on and one in the pits getting ready. No time for naps!
I am however seriously disappointed with Gav, Chris and Budfish - I thought we were in for another storming Bury Metro Oople-fight but you settled it all quickly and in a grown up manner, before I got a chance to get my alter-ego out and start deleting. :(
johnnygibbon
10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
The oople sig says it all really
Yeah I like the idea of using your own car
We could spice it up like Si says with extra laps being added and deducted for rewards and punishment
With a nice big fast flowing track including tabletop and cross over kicker
Gavin Collingwood
10-01-2013, 11:11 PM
So after all that........ The most feasible one is the one I was talking about 2-3 hour or so team race using your own cars and sharing a transponder.
budfish
11-01-2013, 10:32 AM
24hrs might be an idea, but to be honest I would say at this early stage, very unlikely, given the location of the track with the residents that would without doubt object. I think the council would reject any suggestion.
Sorry to dampen this idea, but the enthusiasm being shown by all, including the 'trouble causer' is great.
P.s am still waiting for an update from the council re facilities and the funding bid!!!! Soooo slow.
I'm there for the Feb indoor, day off finally falls right.
Darren
Don't see how the council could object how would they know? If the boys in blue turn up you will go to speak to them being the club chairman they will then go away. Job done!
fil6907
14-01-2013, 05:41 PM
problem with team events... whos cars gonna get trashed?!?
Would be good if the teams were picked the week before,2 juniors 2 7/8 level 2 9/10 and so on. Then team members put £10 in the hat, which covers racing and the cheapest rtr car. The car gets bought from our brilliant local shop.
So every team has the same car/electrics etc. All we have to do is keep charging our own batteries, as one comes off the other goes on.
Starting time 12-4 constant racing.
The winners get the donated cars from each team, trashed or not trashed.
well i have brand new chassi so think afetr chadderton e final chris we should use your lol
johnnygibbon
18-01-2013, 11:21 PM
With this weather how about an Indoor mini enduro race
Or a snow session
C'mon Si I no your up for it
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36929&highlight=Snow
Si Coe
18-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I've not got a 4wd though!
Tried the 210 in the snow but its useless - too much power so it just spins. Been running the Mini Trophy instead, which looks awesome and tail slides beautifully on the ice, but can't cope with snow.
So I've nothing to run......
johnnygibbon
26-01-2013, 08:06 AM
These boys are having a NASCAR style race
Imagine a off road oval all round the outside of goshen with extra jumps it would be fast and well different
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=737584#post737584
Gavin Collingwood
26-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Give it up Jonny NASCAR with buggies will never happen, just look at the polls
shanks
26-01-2013, 09:14 AM
These boys are having a NASCAR style race
Imagine a off road oval all round the outside of goshen with extra jumps it would be fast and well different
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=737584#post737584
Your right Jonny a NASCAR oval track Would be cool as and probably make for closer racing
johnnygibbon
26-01-2013, 09:30 AM
It would be different for a day
I'm just looking at other ways to race our cars that's unconventional we race the same format every time and its fun but...
variety is the spice of life
Gavin ya gotta stop hating on everything that isn't a final buggy racing , Rc is fun dude and bury is a fun Rc club
Hope we can run some special events this year and enjoy the track an our cars in different ways
4cells
26-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Theres an oval at the goshen but nobody uses it
Si Coe
26-01-2013, 10:45 AM
The cycle track? The cycle club uses it!
But I've often wondered about a dirt oval race on it. Dirt oval as opposed to NASCAR, meaning proper sideways action - its offroad and the vehicles they use IRL are pretty close to buggys so they'd look right.
Not sure what effect it might have on the track though - I suspect we might do more damage than the cycle speedway folks do.
I've done proper NASCAR style oval racing years back (with a buggy) at a velodrome. Its pretty awesome - massive motors, sky high gearing and high speed drafting were the order of the day. But the only velodrome I know of round here is the National Cycling Centre and I doubt they'd go for that.....
But I think Johnny's original idea is to make a track at Goshen that is simply missing an infield ie made only out of the out portions of our track. That would mean its got 2 big straights, but only one banked bend. It also means it has the two table tops, including the step up, so its certainly buggy racing, just very fast.
budfish
26-01-2013, 11:37 AM
But I think Johnny's original idea is to make a track at Goshen that is simply missing an infield ie made only out of the out portions of our track. That would mean its got 2 big straights, but only one banked bend. It also means it has the two table tops, including the step up, so its certainly buggy racing, just very fast.
I like it ............. Everyone calls you stupid but I wouldn't
johnnygibbon
26-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Exactly Si an oval off road race
Who's done that before
Goshen is massive so it would still make a decent size lap
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.