View Full Version : Racing Sunday 13th of January !!!
Steven Forster
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Racing on as usual this sunday........doors open "Whenever i turn up" :woot: :D ;)
Few new faces last week, lets hope the catch the bug and start racing with us ASAP, see you all there :thumbsup:
N7ELA
08-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Racing on as usual this sunday........doors open "Whenever i turn up" :woot: :D ;)
Few new faces last week, lets hope the catch the bug and start racing with us ASAP, see you all there :thumbsup:
2wd again for this lad...
corkyjohnson75
08-01-2013, 06:53 PM
2wd for me to .
chris68nufc
08-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Nobody at all will agree with me here but what's new??!!
I propose to run a little more slippy sections as we never get practive on the slippy these days with all of the 2wd buggies running!
There's nowhere to set your car up for the times you need a slippy setup cough Worksop!!
Anyway....I thought it was a good idea!!
corkyjohnson75
08-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Get ya sell to benfield its slippy there mate . Joke , anyways who won at worksop ?
beasty boys motorsport
08-01-2013, 07:45 PM
ye more slippy floor, im sick of pulling carpet out of my driveshafts :p..i'll be there 4wd schumacher reserve team :woot:
Steven Forster
09-01-2013, 12:54 AM
ye more slippy floor, im sick of pulling carpet out of my driveshafts :p..i'll be there 4wd schumacher reserve team :woot:
Could be 2 of us then if i pick my sx3 up in the morning and get electrics fitted in time for sunday ;)
Steven Forster
09-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Who's running what class, ive currently got 10 people booked in........9 x 2wd and 1 x 4wd ??? :)
Shifta
09-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll be doing 2wd..
corkyjohnson75
09-01-2013, 12:39 PM
So plenty of carpet then .
AfroP
09-01-2013, 02:56 PM
2wd here
chrispattinson
09-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Probably 4Wd for me, but I'll alternate through the night.
More carpet = better racing, and I get to use my old pins.
Shifta
09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I think less carpet :woot:
chris68nufc
09-01-2013, 07:22 PM
As selfish as I may sound.....we struggle when we race on low grip like Worksop....after round 2 at Seaham, the grip comes up anyway!!!
Less carpet so we can get setups sorted on the new cars?!!!
I did say it was selfish!!!
Andyp
09-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I say no carpet at all should be interesting :thumbsup:
chris68nufc
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Ha ha.....it's you who puts the bugger down!!!!
mr emily
09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
The carpet put down for normal weeks is adequate, two rolls and a bit for the jump. Take the bit off the straight. Don't need it. Ha ha!!
We don't do drifting!!!
N7ELA
11-01-2013, 12:43 AM
I raced the 3 weeks leading up to Xmas and the normal track conditions were perfect. I managed to get both my 2wd's set up perfectly well. (Then sold them)
But I agree the track at Xmas had too much carpet for me. Even though I only Kicked the K1 over there.
Steven Forster
11-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Carpet down for the straight and carpet over a jump/table top and crash mats down for rumble strips...........???
:rolleyes:
dpackster1980
11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
2wd for me.
FrogPrince82
11-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Jamie - 2wd as that's all I've got!
AfroP
11-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Jamie - 2wd as that's all I've got!
give it time and you'll be wanting a 4wd as well
kwik_uk
11-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Racing on as usual this sunday........doors open "Whenever i turn up" :woot: :D ;)
Few new faces last week, lets hope the catch the bug and start racing with us ASAP, see you all there :thumbsup:
I was one of those new faces :) I'm not new to RC but I'm a total n00b at 1:10 so go easy on me haha
Well I couldn't resist and bought a B4 :woot: I'll be coming along on Sunday to race.
So do we book in on these threads?
If so:
Name: Mark Skeldon
PT: 4009788
See you all there :)
Steven Forster
12-01-2013, 01:02 AM
I was one of those new faces :) I'm not new to RC but I'm a total n00b at 1:10 so go easy on me haha
Well I couldn't resist and bought a B4 :woot: I'll be coming along on Sunday to race.
So do we book in on these threads?
If so:
Name: Mark Skeldon
PT: 4009788
See you all there :)
Alright mark,
booking in on here just makes it a bit faster and easier for me to get the racing started asap ;)
Glad your coming along to join in on the fun, see you there :)
We currently have 13 x 2wd and 1 x 4wd booked in so far :D
FrogPrince82
12-01-2013, 08:28 AM
give it time and you'll be wanting a 4wd as well
I'm not too sure if I'll go the 4wd buggy route as I love the look and idea of ShortCourse, so may get one of those in 2wd or possibly 4wd form.
corkyjohnson75
12-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Book me in dexter lad , 2wd
cmgreen
12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm not too sure if I'll go the 4wd buggy route as I love the look and idea of ShortCourse, so may get one of those in 2wd or possibly 4wd form.
Not many people run sc up here
FrogPrince82
12-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Not many people run sc up here
I've seen that there aren't a huge amount, mainly just the 2wd and 4wd buggies.
It only takes a few to take the plunge and maybe more will come out of the woodwork and give them a go. I would be willing to travel to do some races.
They just look awesome and I bet they are hugely fun to drive :woot:
First of all I need to get to grips with my 2wd buggy to learn to drive properly :blush:
Steven Forster
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I've seen that there aren't a huge amount, mainly just the 2wd and 4wd buggies.
It only takes a few to take the plunge and maybe more will come out of the woodwork and give them a go. I would be willing to travel to do some races.
They just look awesome and I bet they are hugely fun to drive :woot:
First of all I need to get to grips with my 2wd buggy to learn to drive properly :blush:
We've got a few club 2wd SC10's in a cupboard at the club.........if you wanna try one out you can charge one up and try it for one of your heats ???
chris68nufc
12-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Dex for chairman
N7ELA
12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Dex for chairman
Motion seconded!
dpackster1980
12-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Dex for chairman
I'd agree if his time keeping wasn't so w*nk! It's worse than mine and that's saying something. :woot:
Davo 2wd
Tyler 2wd
Scott 2wd
Dean-Ross 2wd
Jimbo 2wd
Ryan 2wd
Chris 2wd
corkyjohnson75
12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd agree if his time keeping wasn't so w*nk! It's worse than mine and that's saying something. :woot:
I agree turning up at 6.20 is knee good lad . But at least he has not smashed the laptop up yet. :o
Steven Forster
12-01-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd agree if his time keeping wasn't so w*nk! It's worse than mine and that's saying something. :woot:
I agree turning up at 6.20 is knee good lad . But at least he has not smashed the laptop up yet. :o
I can see a few people losing a few laps in each round this sunday ;) :woot:
Steven Forster
12-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Davo 2wd
Tyler 2wd
Scott 2wd
Dean-Ross 2wd
Jimbo 2wd..............James Mulkerrin ???
Ryan 2wd
Chris 2wd............chris ???
cheers dave
AfroP
12-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm not too sure if I'll go the 4wd buggy route as I love the look and idea of ShortCourse, so may get one of those in 2wd or possibly 4wd form.
I like trucks as well
wouldnt do a 2wd short course not indoors at seaham anyway. far far too slippy for them
wouldnt mind a 4wd SCT or a stadium truck which are also good fun. and the durango offering looks awesome
Steven Forster
12-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I like trucks as well
wouldnt do a 2wd short course not indoors at seaham anyway. far far too slippy for them
wouldnt mind a 4wd SCT or a stadium truck which are also good fun. and the durango offering looks awesome
the club SC10's would be alot easier to drive if they actually had the right tires on. Them all terrain tires arent gonna do shit apart from what they are designed for..........outdoor dirt/gravel !!!
They work for mid/rear 2wd buggies, so why not Short Course trucks.....???
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Product_Category/Wheels_Tyres_and_Inserts/U6766.html
cheers dave
Yes
James mulkerrin
Chris Suddes
N7ELA
13-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I agree turning up at 6.20 is knee good lad . But at least he has not smashed the laptop up yet. :o
And he's not a tool like Pack...!
dpackster1980
13-01-2013, 09:05 AM
And he's not a tool like Pack...!
Shut it, you can talk you horrible little gobbler!
,...... Another pack post I've had to moderate.
chris68nufc
13-01-2013, 10:26 AM
David, did you mean end bell?? That's inside a motor...the other one is a rude word?!
You going for chairman again?
Steven Forster
13-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Anybody got a servo horn to fit a Savox Servo i can buy/borrow for tonight ???
cheers
Shifta
13-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Anybody got a servo horn to fit a Savox Servo i can buy/borrow for tonight ???
cheers
Ive got some m8
corkyjohnson75
13-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Dexter fetch a b4 battery strap if you have one mate i can borrow .
dpackster1980
13-01-2013, 03:22 PM
You going for chairman again?
Dunno, we'll see.
chris68nufc
13-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Really really good night tonight....2wd action is where it's at at Seaham....great to see young blood aswell as experienced racers too!!
Track was quite good tonight, felt it flowed really well especially for 2wd
Schumacher dominance again at the top of the pile, All qualifiers were topped by an SV2 and finals were schumy 1-2....not sure about 3rd but takes the win anyway....well gone Jeff Steele!!
AfroP
14-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Aye cracking nights racing!
Great to see some new faces and plenty racers all round.
Looking forward to next week
chrispattinson
14-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Yeah, really enjoyed the racing.
Really close, and fair.
Good effort by all .... enjoyed watching the racing in all heats.
Well done to Jeff for the win, there was no where for me to get past, especially at that pace.
I still think Neil must've cut the track to get that Banzai lap in.
dpackster1980
14-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Hey, 3rd was the 210 which was more than a match for any of the SV2s. I would've been right behind the train if Neil didn't roll over in front of me.
The track was good, flowing with the right amount of slippery bits.
Everyone was about the same very quick pace but the it only came down who didn't crash.
Bring on this Sunday. :thumbsup:
chris68nufc
14-01-2013, 06:02 PM
How can you say that the Durango was more than a match for any of the sv2s? Surely you would have won a qualifier or a final if that was the case or are you saying your bad driving let the car down?
Did you win any of the qualifiers or the final?!!!:thumbsup:
There's always next week David!!!!
dpackster1980
14-01-2013, 08:12 PM
How can you say that the Durango was more than a match for any of the sv2s? Surely you would have won a qualifier or a final if that was the case or are you saying your bad driving let the car down?
Did you win any of the qualifiers or the final?!!!:thumbsup:
There's always next week David!!!!
In some cases, yes I made stupid mistakes and didn't do the car justice.
As for the final I went wide and was hung out to dry into the first corner. With the track as it was it made it difficult to pass and make up places. I was all over the back of Chris until I hit Neil after he rolled over so I'm more than happy with the performance.
Your right there is always next week, bring it on. :thumbsup:
chrispattinson
14-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I was all over the back of Chris :lol:
Nice and clean for a change, and it was appreciated. There wasnt much between any of the cars, just better reactions from the 2 leading Schumacher's to avoid the overturned car :woot:
Looking forward to next week.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.