View Full Version : XX4WE slipper
lochness42
25-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Do I have to use shims or spring? I have both, so far I used spring. And lock clicker or not? Thx for help.
Southwell
25-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Spring for the clicker. If you wanna lock it shim it to the beginning of the thread (careful to not go over the end or you could snap the layshaft)
I run mine locked with a one way and sometimes locked with a diff.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I have also spring for slipper (lower diameter than on XXX) that's why I'm asking.
And one more question but this time about using LRP Sphere TC. Looks like shell is touching fan. What should I do with it? So far I used Sphere 2007 and hadn't fan on it. I have seen Darren's XX4, but can't see any mods - http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2008national-tallywain/4wd/OOP_6883.html
Southwell
25-06-2008, 10:02 AM
You need a different shell. My hot weather body rubs and my standard (i think it's standard) one fits fine.
millzy
25-06-2008, 10:04 AM
my body is hot all year long..you know you want to rub it
get in the gym fat boy
lochness42
25-06-2008, 11:45 AM
You need a different shell. My hot weather body rubs and my standard (i think it's standard) one fits fine.
I've got 4 hot weather shells for 2 cars (they came with cars I've bought) and this isn't very good information for me.I've just found postion for my speedo where fan is not fully covered, but body touches it. I've got nats this weekend so I've no chance to get any other shell (I'll see what it will do with hot weather shell after 2 days of racing).
Southwell
25-06-2008, 12:10 PM
O wait, i think mine rubs on the motor. On the fan it does touch, but barely.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't have any problems with motor - I have soldering part now almost in horizontal position. For me shell touches fan all the time.
Southwell
25-06-2008, 12:28 PM
If it's in the same location as mine then it touches the outside of the fan, not the fins, not a problem as far as im concerned.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Previous position was bad because fan had no air to cool speedo, now there is some air flow and yeah it just touches outside of the fan.
Southwell
25-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Ive cut out a bit above the speedo. You also need to make sure the rear section of the shell is cutout so hot air can escape.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you have somewhere photo of it?
I worry about cutting the shell - dust in fan is no good.
Southwell
25-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Somewhere at home i think.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh ok.
tyreman
25-06-2008, 05:17 PM
You don't need to cut your shell, just loosen the screwsand push the fan towards the centre of the car and retighten the screws, as it's the screws that rub on the shell.
super__dan
25-06-2008, 05:33 PM
The easiest way to get more cooling to your motor and speedo on a xx4 is to convert it to an X5!
Oh come on, I'm not done this kind of crow bar advertising for AGES ;) :D
lochness42
25-06-2008, 05:45 PM
The easiest way to get more cooling to your motor and speedo on a xx4 is to convert it to an X5!
I must admit that I like look of X5 but I can't afford it :cry:
lochness42
25-06-2008, 05:46 PM
You don't need to cut your shell, just loosen the screwsand push the fan towards the centre of the car and retighten the screws, as it's the screws that rub on the shell.
In the position that my speedo is now I can only move fan towards front or rear of car not to centre.
Southwell
25-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I only said cut the shell above the speedo for more airflow, but i did it when i ran brushed.
lochness42
25-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I think hole that is for airflow must suck dust in - in this situation directly into fan - that's what I worry about. I'll see temperatures during practice - then I'll decide if "to cut or not to cut".
Southwell
25-06-2008, 09:00 PM
You should just have to cut out the back of the shell, that wouldnt suck in loads of dust.
lochness42
26-06-2008, 06:30 AM
I think that back of the shell is opened enough.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.