PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to 10electric?


Claspers
09-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm looking to go to cullingworth if it still runs before a Batley meet next weekend. Does anyone go and know details? Went to Worksop last weekend and was a bit hardcore for a novice (but I'm addicted so need to try a smaller club meet)

jameswilkinson7
09-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm looking to go to cullingworth if it still runs before a Batley meet next weekend. Does anyone go and know details? Went to Worksop last weekend and was a bit hardcore for a novice (but I'm addicted so need to try a smaller club meet)

I go, along with quite a few others that race at Batley... No meeting this week but it's on next Friday... http://www.10electric.co.uk/

Bells
09-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I go along with my son , we are both novices and really enjoy cullingworth , give it a try I'm sure you will like it :thumbsup:

charlie2
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
good club,good racing and some quick racers like mr wilkinson.tight and twisty, good racing whatever level you are at novice,to A finalist at batley,go enjoy,you will be back:thumbsup:

neallewis
09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I've been going most of 2012, and really enjoyed it. it's good family friendly racing, and has drivers of all levels. The rubber floor is quite slippy at first, but the grip comes up after the first round of racing, and it really helps develop driving skills for larger tracks like Batley and Worksop.
Next meeting is Friday 18th, so see you there!

Claspers
09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Brilliant. Thanks all. Will definitely go. Advice then..worth bringing a table? Mini pins advised? I'm running a dex210 (brushless) my mate has a mad rat but has never raced so he's looking forward to trying it out. How many go?

jameswilkinson7
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Brilliant. Thanks all. Will definitely go. Advice then..worth bringing a table? Mini pins advised? I'm running a dex210 (brushless) my mate has a mad rat but has never raced so he's looking forward to trying it out. How many go?

You don't need a table or chair, electric is available. Schumacher yellow mini pins or spikes work well. At the last meeting there were 28 drivers I believe.

Bells
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
No table needed , already there , spikes and rear motor on your 210 :thumbsup:

Bells
09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
You don't need a table or chair, electric is available. Schumacher yellow mini pins or spikes work well. At the last meeting there were 28 drivers I believe.

No James it was 27 and me :lol:

jameswilkinson7
09-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Lol :woot:

NeilRalph77
10-01-2013, 08:00 AM
No table needed , already there , spikes and rear motor on your 210 :thumbsup:

210 MM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bells
10-01-2013, 06:36 PM
210 MM4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried mm4 to start with and I struggled a lot my sons 210 rtr seemed so much easier to drive so I have set my car the same as his and I find it easier to drive , I only have 4 race meetings under my belt though , so is it easier for a novice to use in rear motor ?

Claspers
10-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Tbh I'm gonna stick with mm4. Don't fancy the wiggly tail in the hands of a newbie! Too much potential for big spins for my skill level ;) spoke with nori today. Looking forward to it!

Jim Birkitt
11-01-2013, 07:33 PM
hi claspers are you the one that was pitting at worksop next to me and my mate with the xb4's you and your brother getting your rango dialled in;);)

450kid
11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
It's a good laugh at cullingworth Nori, James and the boys are all really helpful. I first went there when I started racing and always enjoyed it. It is small and tight but it will help with your lines. P.s. don't forget to take some extra money for a pizza from the takeaway!

Danny Harrison
16-01-2013, 10:26 AM
28 racers last time! Nice, I'm coming back this week. Be nice to see everybody :) Will I need to pit outside then? :confused:

jameswilkinson7
16-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Speaking with Nori last night, apparently there have been quite a few new guys getting in touch. We could be getting 30+ at the next meeting! :thumbsup:

Obviously we are all used to getting in plenty of Rounds at Cullingworth, but with the higher numbers its going to have to be kept fast flowing... Everyone needs to get booked in quickly and get out on the track as soon as its their heat, then out to marshal straight away. That way we can still get loads of racing in. It may be the case that its best to stick the computer on automatic with say a 2 minuet gap between races.

Nori has managed to dig out some extra transponders and I've got him another charging rack, so hopefully every one will be able to keep their transponder until the finals.

Danny Harrison
16-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Quality, maybe time to start looking for a bigger venue then? Have you been struggling with room for pitting?

jameswilkinson7
16-01-2013, 12:29 PM
No problems with pitting... there is the stage, both side rooms, kitchen and office. I haven't seen anyone struggling yet.

I think Nori is happy with the club as it stands and where it is. We get a really good deal with the hall, it could be scary times if we moved to a larger venue and the numbers dropped down during the summer months. As we are now we have fun, cheap racing. Nori likes to keep the costs as low as possible, too low I think sometimes!

Even though the club is small the standards of driving are getting better and better, loads of people have improved, especially the youngsters and my reign at the top is sometimes a little shaky! Mr Paton is well and truly on my case now! :) I think that the small hall really does help to improve your driving and helps when you go to the big tracks like Batley.

masala
16-01-2013, 01:34 PM
It is important that anyone attending together with family members or friends respond yes and also indicate numbers. The club can then determine if their are enough people to run the meeting.
Volunteers are requested to arrive early about 6:15 and help with track setup.
N.B. track building is a priority & we cannot race until completed, so remember don’t get in the way of those helping build the track.

Danny Harrison
16-01-2013, 02:00 PM
hehe , I'm so coming back with a vengeance. VRCpro been getting smashed last 2 weeks ;) Bring a 4wd james!

jameswilkinson7
16-01-2013, 02:15 PM
hehe , I'm so coming back with a vengeance. VRCpro been getting smashed last 2 weeks ;) Bring a 4wd james!

Dont need one:p

tommygun
17-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Cullingworth is really good club with a lot of fun people. :thumbsup: i first started of really bad, crashing and breaking my car, a B4. I try to go regular to Cullingworth. after attending there for about 2 to 3 years, i am now running 4WD CAT SX and really improving!!!:thumbsup: came 3rd in the c final!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!!!!

Claspers
17-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I can't wait to go! We were planning tomorrow but with a nasty bug I had to pull out. New tx to try out though so I'm 100% in for 2 weeks. Can't wait! Hope snow treats u all ok!!

Danny Harrison
23-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Dont need one:p

:D

Dont be so sure ;)

Claspers
02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Went last night. Brilliant club. Really helpful people there and enjoyed the racing! Cheers all. I'll be back! ;)