PDA

View Full Version : Advice on choice of micro


thebigboystoystore
10-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm looking to get a micro to have some fun with and potentially race in the future however I am on a strict budget of £100 or less RTR.

I have seen 3 models which I like but know nothing about so would like some advice/pros and cons on the following from those in the know.

1) 1/16th Himoto Trojan

2) 1/18th Maverick ION XB Buggy

3) 1/18th Maverick ION MT Monster Truck

All of the above come RTR with transmitter. Any advice on these or other options would be great.

markwilliamson2001
11-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Most popular cars in the UK Micro National Series are the following, and for good reason, very strong, reliable, easily affordable parts etc.

Losi Mini 8 1/16th Scale Mico

Carisma GT14B/GT14B Pro 1/16th Scale Micro

Hope this helps.

Mark

Karting
13-01-2013, 02:25 PM
For £100 you can buy my LWB Lrp shark (it's what mini8's were base on) 3 lipos, 2 motors, 2 shells, 2 spoilers 1 esc three sets of tyres and a shed loads of spares. (only problem is that front of chassis has cracked (regular problem on the LwB sharks) this is fixed with a alloy plate which I made which also adds weight to the front.

raced it for past 2 years and loved it but now I got a mini 8