PDA

View Full Version : Stick lipo question


Frost
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi there can anyone help. I baught two new sets of turnigy nano tech 5600 50-100c lipos intending on racing them in my tc. Since then I have changed my mind and am now putting my efforts into gt12. I was wondering do they have a shelf life as they are or is it worth me selling them now and use the money for some 2s shorties? Any help is welcome thank you

fidspeed
11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
im not aware that they have a shelf life as they lose almost zilch voltage while left stored for long periods, they do however appear not to like being left fully charged for long periods

if you intend to shelf them, do a storage discharge on them if your charger allows

if bought recently from UK hobbyking there not expensive and you wouldnt get a great deal for them as there only about £23 new each

hope this helps

Fid

Frost
11-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you for your response. As they are new would I still need to put a storage charge on them or do they come like that? Thanks again

john333
12-01-2013, 09:55 PM
if you havent charged them from new just leave them as they are, you will be fine :)