PDA

View Full Version : B44 Wheel and tyre advice


AdrianJones
26-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Until recently I race my B4 at club level and at the odd regional at Southport. I sold my B4 the other day and bought a B44 with the intension on doing more events around the area.

The question I have is what wheels, tyres and inserts do people run on their B44's. I have a few sets of BB Pink rears from my B4 but not sure if they are any good for my new car. The standard kit wheels and tyres lasted about 5 minutes on our tarmac track :D

If it helps I am running a 4.5 brushless system on 4600 batterys

Cheers in advance!

Mike Hudson
26-06-2008, 08:00 PM
firstly what track surfaces are yoo running on? indoors schumacher yellow minipins are the best and outdoors schumacher yellow or green minispikes or grp or ballistic greens depening on weather are probably the best tyres around

AdrianJones
26-06-2008, 08:15 PM
firstly what track surfaces are yoo running on? indoors schumacher yellow minipins are the best and outdoors schumacher yellow or green minispikes or grp or ballistic greens depening on weather are probably the best tyres around

When outdoor the surface will be astroturf and a little bit of cobbled stones and indoor probably carpet and polished wood (School indoor 5-a-side pitch)

What about inserts?

mardaveman
26-06-2008, 08:25 PM
hi adrien
i have a large box of them i am selling mostly new mini pins, min spikes+more if i can help pm me

Mike Hudson
26-06-2008, 11:30 PM
When outdoor the surface will be astroturf and a little bit of cobbled stones and indoor probably carpet and polished wood (School indoor 5-a-side pitch)

What about inserts?

indoors deffinately use schumacher yellow compound minipins with snee blue inserts, on astroturf schumacher yellow or green minispikes and ballistic green spikes would be most common choice i'd think with blue snee inserts, minipins maywell be worth a try on hot days too perhaps
Hope this helps
Mike.

mikemalinconico
02-07-2008, 04:39 AM
I have a b44 stock set up,10.5 bl motor and am new to offroad.I will be running on lo grip indoor dirt.The track is med. size.What tyre would you guys use.Also I was wondering what gearing I should start out with?

Thanx.

sparrow.2
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a b44 stock set up,10.5 bl motor and am new to offroad.I will be running on lo grip indoor dirt.The track is med. size.What tyre would you guys use.Also I was wondering what gearing I should start out with?

Thanx.

Most guys here on the forum don't run on dirt. Depending on how slick the track is and what kind of dirt you could try Proline Holeshots or Losi IFMAR pins or studs. Best idea would be to go there and see what the fast guys are running and just follow suit.

enfieldbanana
03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey people,

Has anybody boiled their B44 wheels to remove their old tyres? Was wondering if the processes deforms the wheels? Or would it be best just to pop down the £1 and get some nail varnish remover?

Any comments or suggestions would be fab. :thumbsup:

A

dan r
03-07-2008, 05:55 PM
we use nail varnish remover and that works fine with no damage to the wheels :thumbsup::thumbsup:

B44&501xRacerEX
03-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I do the oven method. 245 degrees for 12 mins per side removes old tires.
Any longer than 12 mins the old tires start to stink up the house.

B&H Racing
03-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Acetone can get it from e-bay.

Leave the tyres soaking overnight, tyres just peel off in the morning.

No damage to the wheels.

ryan
03-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I do the oven method. 245 degrees for 12 mins per side removes old tires.
Any longer than 12 mins the old tires start to stink up the house.

I guess you stunk your house out the first time you did it then B-mag?:D

josh_smaxx
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Heating them alters the structure in the plastic, not advised. Acetone is by far the easiest.

cstroh
10-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Most guys here on the forum don't run on dirt. Depending on how slick the track is and what kind of dirt you could try Proline Holeshots or Losi IFMAR pins or studs. Best idea would be to go there and see what the fast guys are running and just follow suit.



if it is hard packed clay you want a losi taper pin or similar tire.....ifmar pins are used on tracks with more dirt that have dryed out try some jconcepts double dees or goose bumps for a track with a dirt clay mix they are mostly used outdoors but once they get worn you can use them as a losi taper pin

the best way to see what works go to the track and see what people run or call them...all the tracks i go to always have a really nice and helpful person there who can answer you questions