View Full Version : eZRun Brushless system
ducatikid
27-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi
I was looking at a budget brushless system for my Tamiya TA05 and came across the eZRun. Has anyone used this system and/or had any problems?
Lee
josh_smaxx
27-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I have never heard of it but the new Losi Xceleron S system look great for a budget one, and they look pretty good quality too, have a look on DMS, its only £115 for the whole system.
dan_kitty
30-06-2008, 10:14 AM
that ezrun thing certainly is cheap
wonder how long it would last? and you get a programing card
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EzRun-RC-Car-Truck-3in1-Brushless-Motor-system-9T-power_W0QQitemZ140244804430QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m140244804430&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
ive found out it has been false economy buying cheap electrics, you never know though it may be good?
sparrow.2
30-06-2008, 11:12 AM
It's made by hobbywing, the same guys who make speedos for speed passion, Orion and Venom.
I like my speed passion stuff and for the price I'd give it a go.
These (http://www.hobbywing.com/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=415)are the details for it. It will handle a maximum of 9t brushless motors and doesn't have a sensor.
HTH
ducatikid
30-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Thats the one! I wasn't sure if i was allowed to post links:bored:. think i will go for it, its for bashing around anyway.
2 weeks ago a friend of mine showed up at the track with one. I seemed to run rather well. In talking to him he said that is was not near as smooth as my Tekin or my Mamba but for the price he could not complain too much. He was running a TC5 outside on a asphalt surface. It was a cool day about 85F. When I was looking the car over right after it came off the track running for about 6 minutes on a Core lipo the motor and esc were very hot to the touch.
sitmark
11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I've ordered one too, I was too curious what a 60EUR (incl shipping) Brushless combo could do.
Anyone had any first hand experience?
Southwell
11-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I was too curious what a 60EUR (incl shipping) Brushless combo could do.
Prob explode in a ball of flames. :thumbsup:
sitmark
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Prob explode in a ball of flames. :thumbsup:
it won't pass customs then...
I expect to run like 30-35mph in my dark impact. No one can tell me if that is realistic or not? :D
I'm looking for this set too.. Someone got this brushless combo already? And tested it? Hope to hear it soon!:)
I've ordered one too, I was too curious what a 60EUR (incl shipping) Brushless combo could do.
Anyone had any first hand experience?
I will personally run this set up (barrowed from my friend Shawn) and compair it to a 13.5 Novak system and a Mamba and Tekin on a hacker 13.5 in a Schumacher this weekend at my track, well not mine but the one I frequent.
I will comment later on it.
sitmark
13-07-2008, 10:07 PM
and what is the virdict?
and what is the virdict?
Monster sorry guys. I had some issues at home and did not make it to the track on Sunday. I will get this done as soon as I can. I am very sorry to let you guys down on this, but family things are more important.
lochness42
14-07-2008, 06:22 AM
If I know well eZRun series is used by orion (low end, rest is same as Speed Passion). Speed Passion is using Xerun series. If you have any questions just call with skype to Hobbywing tech support. Guy there is friendly and gave me a lot of informations.
Someone got already experience with this BL set?
sitmark
24-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Well, tested the Ezrun 9T yesterday...
It goes like a charm, like you would expect from a 4300kv motor.
It feels like it is just a little less then the mamba 4600, which is exactly right!
The only downside (for me) is that is was not plug, press set, throttle front, set,.. I really should read the manual better, but i got it running :drool:
The motor itself seems like it is fairly small because the cooling ribs are almost 2mm thick.
The ESC fits exactly in my df-03 where room is not for spare.
It really is a lot for less!!
mog ruith
26-07-2008, 03:31 AM
has anyone else run this esc? im looking for a brushless esc and to think the ezrun is cheap i may get it but before that i need more info on this product btw where do you guys purchase this esc?
sitmark
28-07-2008, 08:53 AM
has anyone else run this esc? im looking for a brushless esc and to think the ezrun is cheap i may get it but before that i need more info on this product btw where do you guys purchase this esc?
All the info u need should be on the website of hobbywing (www.hobbywing.com (http://www.hobbywing.com))
purchased it on ebay (oocokho shop or someting like that...) took 10 business days from the moment i pressed purchase until it arrived...
I am still please about it, Yesterday, it tested it on high grass when it was very hot outside. The esc became a little hotter, but i could still touch it for 4 seconds...
I must say that the only downside I can see on this combo is the fact that it is brushless, when u start, it starts with a little 'jump'. But once you are going there is no problem.
When i run this with a orion 3200 2s lipo i reach 35mph with my dark impact. (on concrete)
mog ruith
28-07-2008, 11:49 AM
sitmark i have research on the esc combo any recomendation on what combo to go with? as theres a ezrun and xerun
is it sold on ebay only or is there elsewhere i can purchase this?
sitmark
28-07-2008, 12:56 PM
The Xerun is more expensive, but better :D
The Xerun is actually a speedpassion, and speedpassion is good :D
The Ezrun is the low end with value for its money, u can buy it from varies websites like www.hobbyworld.com
but i advise ebay and paypal
sparrow.2
28-07-2008, 10:27 PM
The Xerun is more expensive, but better :D
The Xerun is actually a speedpassion, and speedpassion is good :D
It's the other way round Speedpassion are rebadged Hobbywing and are really excellent!
sitmark
04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I tried the eZrun in my new Losi Desert Truck, and on a grippy surface it gets to 35mph on his rear wheels :D
I am still amazed about the value for its money, this is incredible!
People who know me, know that i can fix (almost) everything, but i can also break a lot! :thumbsup:
I actually broke the on/off switch of my eZrun ESC, and the pieces are so tiny that I'll just have to attach a new switch:yawn:
Matthew007
05-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Yea the stupid on/off switch broke on mine too because it's a circuit breaker so all the current goes through it and burned it. I soldered the connection together and the esc is always on when I plug in the battery but now the throttle doesn't work and I cant program the throttle.
Please read my post here on rcuniverse http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6814871/mpage_9/key_/tm.htm
I emailed the ebay seller he copy pasted that you need a different fan if you use more than 8 cells even though the fan still works, has nothing to do with the on/off switch and its rediculously super thin wires burning, and I even put a 10ohm resitor in series with it to give me a voltage drop that safel slows down the fan.
I emailed hobby wing and of course they did not reply. WHAT A RIP OFF.
sitmark
05-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Keep us posted how it goes, now i am afraid to replace the on/off switch :drool:
You said u had a problem with 8cell nimh? so 3s lipo will result in problems?
You actually had another problem then me, i did not burn trough the wire, I broke the switch by applying too much strength :D
well, for now it does very well... :D
edit: I got the 35A ESC 9T(4200kv) + programmable card combo, so i got a completely different setup then you? As i understood u run the 60A with another?
Matthew007
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
60A with a Feigao 7S 5070KV 540 motor. The spec says anything more than 5.5T is ok. 5070kv has more turns than that. Just another china crap that wasn't tested to specs I believe.
The motor you have is a 380 I think. It will not pull anything close to what I have but if the specs say 5.5T and upto 9 cells NIMH then it should work to spec. It says 380A bursts so maybe that is bs too. All I know is the wires to the on/ff switch went up in smoke and now when I solder the connection together it doesn't work. I still have no email from hobbywing. I think they are 12 hours ahead so if they don't reply tomorrow then for sure they do not back up their products and their specs are bull.
sitmark
08-08-2008, 07:39 AM
any reply from hobbywing yet?
Matthew007
09-08-2008, 09:05 AM
No nothing. It's a scam
lochness42
09-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Try to use skype (call/write them). They were friendly when I needed some informations.
I've got my eZrun 3-in-1 combo 9T yesterday, and I tested it too, it is a great brushless combo for just the money, I normally have 5800kv and this one is 4300kv so its a bit slower but it is great to drive around with!:D
sitmark
27-08-2008, 11:43 AM
still no reply matthew?
The eZrun still doesn't disspoint, I'm a bit afraid to attach the 3s lipo tough...
This weekend, the eZrun will race in a DF-03 :D
qatmix
30-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyone here compared theres to a 19t?or done racing with them?
sitmark
17-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I drove with my TT-01 with 19T, the 9T eZrun is a bit faster :D
I tested the ezrun in my XXX4 this weekend. I need to do a bit adjusting but the car runs on nitro :D
I ordered the 5.5T 60A eZrun too, for 75Euro incl shipping, just to see if its any good (6000kv motor)
I will not be using it on 3s lipo tough, heard to much bad news about that...:yawn:
Bought a EZrun ESC after reading this thread. Would it be possible to run a Nosram Dragon 10.5 sensored motor with this ESC? Or not??
qatmix
05-10-2008, 07:11 AM
According to the specs it should be ok. Although you will not be able to plug in the sensor lead:)
Ive not raced my one properly but on my speed tests show it to be similar to my orion 12x1 in speed
Thanks - I can't quite work out the spec sheets - it seems to say in another place that you can even run a brushed motor too?
I take it you are running the 9T motor? I have the 13T - seemed a bit slow but then my LiPo wasn't fully charged. Will try it again!
According to the specs it should be ok. Although you will not be able to plug in the sensor lead:)
Ive not raced my one properly but on my speed tests show it to be similar to my orion 12x1 in speed
qatmix
05-10-2008, 08:37 PM
yup, running the 9t motor. Goes fast enough for me.
sitmark
06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
well,
I recieved the 5.5T / 60A combo last friday.
I was a bit suprised to see that there were no motor cables included??
I had to solder the motor on myself, there was no schema or how to guide included, not even in what order to connect the wires,...
I did a quick test and it ran as i expected, very good, but if u compare it to the 9T, the 9T performs better in comparison. The 9T goes like a 9T rocket, the 5.5T just deliveres. I'm missing the extra punch, it performs almost like the mamba 5700, just not that quick off the line.
I'll be doing good soldering and then I will be able to give a final judgement, but now I'm not dissapointed or as happely surprised I was with the 9T.
peetbee
06-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Could someone clarify what the ratings are on these motors please?
eg: is the 9T equivalent to a brushed 19T motor?
Thanks
sitmark
08-10-2008, 09:52 AM
9T is a bit faster then 19T brushed, 19T brushed is like 10.5T brushless
peetbee
08-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks, is that for brushless in general or specifically for these?
fidget70
12-10-2008, 06:39 AM
:eh?: Looking through this thread it seems a good read but forgive me here in requiring more help as regards to this ezrun/xerun brushless system. Being very new to brushless I'm having difficulty with understanding the terms associated with the various turns! At present I run a 27 turn brushed motor & know that I'll need 13.5 in brushless turns but all I can see is 13T in the ezrun range, is there that much of a difference?? Also, what is the difference betwwen the amp range (25a/35a/60/120a) where it says some are for sportiful use and the other for competition use??
If anyone could please help shed light in my understanding I would be eternally grateful. With thanks.
sosidge
13-10-2008, 04:42 PM
:eh?: Looking through this thread it seems a good read but forgive me here in requiring more help as regards to this ezrun/xerun brushless system. Being very new to brushless I'm having difficulty with understanding the terms associated with the various turns! At present I run a 27 turn brushed motor & know that I'll need 13.5 in brushless turns but all I can see is 13T in the ezrun range, is there that much of a difference?? Also, what is the difference betwwen the amp range (25a/35a/60/120a) where it says some are for sportiful use and the other for competition use??
If anyone could please help shed light in my understanding I would be eternally grateful. With thanks.
The eZRun system is sensorless and the motors are not built to the ROAR specs that the sensored motors are based on, so finding equivalency is even more difficult!
In terms of windings there are a couple of different ways of winding a brushless motor, one results in round number windings, the other in 0.5 windings. I'm not an expert on the details of the windings though. Unfortunatley Hobbywing do not state any power ratings or brushed equivalents.
Higher amp rating of the ESC means it can handle faster motors.
The Xerun system is sensored and is the model that Speed Passion rebrand. It is a full competition ESC. As far as I know this model is not available for retail outside of China although that situation may have changed.
PS 13.5's are now a lot faster than 27T brushed, much closer to 19T in fact. As brushless develops the motors (and our understanding of them) have made big leaps forward since the first equivalencies were suggested.
PPS I saw the eZRun in action briefly in a touring car last night and it looked fast and smooth, not what I expected from a budget sensorless system. Didn't drive it myself so couldn't comment any further.
fidget70
15-10-2008, 01:43 PM
:thumbsup: Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query, much appreciated indeed!
Lukass
12-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I have ezrun 9T and is it very good motor!esc is always cool ;)
BORMAC
23-11-2008, 10:11 AM
I have also been looking into some of these brushless set ups and am wondering wether the 60amp unit holds up or performs much better than the 35amp unit? I already own 3 GTB's and a Mamba Max so I thought I'd look around for a 540/sports tuned equivelent for some of my vintage buggy runners. Any advice from those of you who own them or from anyone who knows what direction I should take? Cheers-Jason.
qatmix
25-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I have the 9t 35Amp combo and its much faster than a sports tuned motor. I used to race a very good 19t motor in my car, and replaced it with the EZrun. The car is much faster than the 19t motor, the torque is immense and the system is more than adequate on a club level.
Due to the reliability and speed I got with this, I have bought another one for my 501x that I intend to try out at Bury in the next few weeks. Obviously buggies are a bit heavier than my touring car but it should be good enough for me.
For the price, anyone that's looking to spend £40 on a brushed motor nowadays is missing the point.
stampede vxlboy
28-04-2009, 08:37 AM
has anyone else run this esc? im looking for a brushless esc and to think the ezrun is cheap i may get it but before that i need more info on this product btw where do you guys purchase this esc? i yes you can be them from a modelshop in wales for £79.99 ezrun reading card 10 turner i will look on his site carnt rember what the shop called :thumbsup::woot:
Dickylew
29-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I also purchased an ezrun 5.5 turn system from China delivered in a week for £70.00.
Bought this instead of the excelorin system, been very happy with it, very fast and so far no problems either, very easy to program with the supplied program card.
As its not sensored its very slighty sluggish on pull away put once moving it really goes.
The on off switch is a bit flimsy so tuck it safe out of the way, that aside very good for bashing or possibly club racing.
sirsomrak
11-05-2009, 03:09 AM
hi im planning on buying a ezrunBL system for 4wd buggy, durga.which u guys say is more suitable, 9t or 8.5t or 5.5t? i find out tat the 5.5t system is cheaper than 8.5t one on ebay!! weird.??
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif
panch
11-05-2009, 06:42 AM
I also purchased an ezrun 5.5 turn system from China delivered in a week for £70.00.
Bought this instead of the excelorin system, been very happy with it, very fast and so far no problems either, very easy to program with the supplied program card.
As its not sensored its very slighty sluggish on pull away put once moving it really goes.
The on off switch is a bit flimsy so tuck it safe out of the way, that aside very good for bashing or possibly club racing.
Dicky..
you say that the 5.5 model is sensorless.. what amp rating does that speedo have ..? also is that the ezrun or the xerun..?
How would you say it compares to a GTB System or LRP system in terms of performance..?
Thanks
Lee
colmo
11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm currently running a EC Speed ESC + 11.5T motor I got for £52 by eBay auction. The same combo is available on the EC Power website (http://ecpower.com.hk/index.php?keyword=ECSPEED&main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0) for $120. It looks similar to the 60A EZRun, but sensored.
I've run it a few nights now with a BJ4, and it's performed admirably - I had to dial down the punch as it was causing the car to torque steer on a slippy floor (or else my car has an issue, which is likely too...)! The fan is much better than the Losi system (most of the ones at my club look like a sweet-toothed hillbilly), and keeps everything nice and cool.
The little program card, similar to the EZRun efforts, works like a charm, too.
Other budget options - Roundabout Toys are selling the Orion 70A Vortex for £40 - I believe it's a redadged Xerun? It runs sensored or sensorless, so lots of options for motor.
colmo
11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
hi im planning on buying a ezrunBL system for 4wd buggy, durga.which u guys say is more suitable, 9t or 8.5t or 5.5t? i find out tat the 5.5t system is cheaper than 8.5t one on ebay!! weird.??
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif
Note - the 9t is not really a full 540 can motor - it has fins which get it up to size. Some have found it gets very hot moving bigger cars, like trucks. Any of the Hobbywing motors that are x.5T are full 540 can motors.
Blackbeard
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
hi im planning on buying a ezrunBL system for 4wd buggy, durga.which u guys say is more suitable, 9t or 8.5t or 5.5t? i find out tat the 5.5t system is cheaper than 8.5t one on ebay!! weird.??
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif
I use the 5.5T and 60A esc in a Durga with LIPO packs, and I can hold my own down the straight with guys running brand-name, sensored 6.5s and 7.5s, if that helps?
sirsomrak
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
blackbeard,did u damage any diffs or hav to make any mods to diffs of ur durga?
Si Coe
12-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I've now got both the Ezrun (5.5T and 9T versions) and a Xerun (is in the Orion Vortex)
What I can say is:
1) The 9t is indeed not a true 540 sized motor. Its a 380 diameter, but 540 length. None the less its perfectly capable and certainly propelled my B4 at a decent enough pace. Comparable to a conventional 10.5 prehaps, with a little less torque but more revs. Seen them used indoor on 4wds, but really 2wd only.
2) The 5.5 is a beast. No-one who has seen the speed of my 4wd could believe the whole brushless system had cost me £60. Speed wise its quite capable of matching sensored 5.5s, but you do need to be careful. Even with the setup system it lacks some of the finesse of sensored motors and consquently is 4wd only I reckon. The 8.5 version is milder, but still produces gobs of torque low down meaning its a handful in a 2wd.
3) The Xerun (Orion) is great. Not got to try their sensored motor (running an X11) but the extra smoothness really helps in 2wd.
So, Budget brushless options, I'd say:
4wd Ezrun 60A +5.5t (large outdoors) or 8.5t (small indoors)
2wd Ezrun 35A 9T (small indoors, ultra budget) or Orion 70A Vortex (Xerun) + cheap sensored 7.5t motor (Nosram Dragon?) if you can.
Blackbeard
12-05-2009, 06:39 PM
blackbeard,did u damage any diffs or hav to make any mods to diffs of ur durga?
I haven't damaged a diff yet (touch wood). They're totally stock, although I do rebuild them after every three or four meetings.
The 5.5t Ezrun is rated as 6000kv, which I think is equivalent to most decent sensored 6.5t/7.5t BL motors (probably somewhere in the middle). Plenty fast though.
sirsomrak
13-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I've now got both the Ezrun (5.5T and 9T versions) and a Xerun (is in the Orion Vortex)
What I can say is:
1) The 9t is indeed not a true 540 sized motor. Its a 380 diameter, but 540 length. None the less its perfectly capable and certainly propelled my B4 at a decent enough pace. Comparable to a conventional 10.5 prehaps, with a little less torque but more revs. Seen them used indoor on 4wds, but really 2wd only.
2) The 5.5 is a beast. No-one who has seen the speed of my 4wd could believe the whole brushless system had cost me £60. Speed wise its quite capable of matching sensored 5.5s, but you do need to be careful. Even with the setup system it lacks some of the finesse of sensored motors and consquently is 4wd only I reckon. The 8.5 version is milder, but still produces gobs of torque low down meaning its a handful in a 2wd.
3) The Xerun (Orion) is great. Not got to try their sensored motor (running an X11) but the extra smoothness really helps in 2wd.
So, Budget brushless options, I'd say:
4wd Ezrun 60A +5.5t (large outdoors) or 8.5t (small indoors)
2wd Ezrun 35A 9T (small indoors, ultra budget) or Orion 70A Vortex (Xerun) + cheap sensored 7.5t motor (Nosram Dragon?) if you can.
oohh..how is the 5.5t speed compared to 8.5t's speed on tarmac? alot diffrenece?
Si Coe
13-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Not as much as you might think as you can gear the 8.5 quite high. But I would say I'd never dream of using the 5.5 in a 2wd, the 8.5 I might. The difference is more to do with power than actual speed.
bronco
14-05-2009, 07:32 AM
A question concerning the timing option on the program card.
Changing these settings, does it work in sensorless mode or is this only working with a sensored setup like a Xerun?
I've tried a few changes on my 60A Ezrun + Dr. Speed 12T Delta. Turned the timing way up, but can't see any changes in power output.
Another question concerning power output :
Esc Ezrun 60A burst 380A
Lipo Orion 4800 20C
Dr. Speed 12T Delta 450W=60A
What is the limiting factor in this setup ? Will changing the Esc to a Xerun 120A improve performance ?
colmo
14-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Another question concerning power output :
Esc Ezrun 60A burst 380A
Lipo Orion 4800 20C
Dr. Speed 12T Delta 450W=60A
What is the limiting factor in this setup ? Will changing the Esc to a Xerun 120A improve performance ?
The present motor and ESC are well matched, but the LiPo can deliver a bit more (wouldn't want to red-line a LiPo, mind you). You'd need to upgrade the motor too for the 120A to make a significant difference.
Have you tried gearing up? Brushless apparently responds well to it.
bronco
14-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm running 22/81 at the moment.
Punch setting at level 3 and timing at 11°.
Does anybody know whether or not changing the timing in sensorless mode gives more power ?
dodgydiy
15-05-2009, 08:14 PM
i am running 26/78 in an xray fk05 on a 9t/35A ezrun combo
punch on 2
timing on 3.75, seems like no more or less power, just smoother which is better on our low grip track, also runs cooler with the lower timing
on 3600 lipo 2s lipo, taking normally less than 2000mah out of battery in 5 mins
toooldskool
16-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Just taken delivery of my EZ Run 9T to go in a B4. It will be used mostly indoors. Is it possible or needed to do any maintenance on the motor?
is a 9t combo good in a b4? i've been running a 12x2 brushed.
8.5t is better.
the ones with .5 at then end are full size 540 cans. the whole numbers are 380 cans with fins...
Si Coe
17-05-2009, 12:36 AM
True the 8.5 is better, but for a light 2wd on anything except the largest of tracks the 9T moves the car pretty well. You'd not be disappointed with either.
migsy
17-05-2009, 09:12 AM
ting-tong go racing, use ezrun for speedo. ezrun go bing-bom boom.
ting-tong not have speedo now.:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:
Mike Hudson
18-05-2009, 04:24 PM
ting-tong go racing, use ezrun for speedo. ezrun go bing-bom boom.
ting-tong not have speedo now.:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:
wth! hahaha :wtf::confused::rolleyes:
chrispattinson
18-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Ive been really pleased with my 9T ezrun at club level.
BORMAC
18-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Im interested in finding out if you are able to use the EZRUN 35amp esc with 'brushed' motors like the brand named units do...?:confused:
Si Coe
18-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't really think thats a good idea. 35A is not a lot for a brushed motor to draw, I reckon you'd struggle even with silver cans.
quarter throttle
19-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I got a 8.5 system ... when i got it the speedo went straight away :thumbdown:
but a friend of mine has been running one for a long time now and it seems very good :thumbsup:
Thats why i bought one :lol:
quarter throttle
19-05-2009, 04:06 PM
ting-tong go racing, use ezrun for speedo. ezrun go bing-bom boom.
ting-tong not have speedo now.:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:
wth?????? :confused::lol::eh?::confused::lol::eh?:
It sorta make sense... :yawn:
leinad
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone, would like to gather some feedback on the EZRun Combo with 8.5T motor (http://www.hobbywing.com/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=426) before making the purchase.
Any recommendations for good entry to mid level range?
Thanks in advance.
Si Coe
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Whats to say?
Its cheap, but it works well.
The 8.5 is perfectly good for 2wd or novice 4wd. Lacks speed in 4wd if you are good though.
ESC is easy to set up and runs smoothly.
Not much else to say really - except to remember that the whole system costs the same as just the motor from LRP.
leinad
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
...
Its cheap, but it works well.
...
Thanks Si Coe for your reply, point noted :)
stox217
20-07-2009, 05:28 PM
well going to be getting a 5.5 brushless sensorless motor and will the combo esc (35a) from the 13turn system run the 5.5 brushless motor on short grass and astro?
Blackbeard
20-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I probably wouldn't use the 35A ESC with the 5.5t ezRun, unless you like the smell of burning electronics :wtf:
dodgydiy
21-07-2009, 10:51 PM
i was dubious about 9t on 35A when i bought it but its been fine, definately need the 60A for a 5.5 tho
dodgydiy
24-07-2009, 08:24 AM
www.giantcod.co.uk are selling these speedo's and motors , bought a tiny little 18A ezrun speedo, seems to be really good, same programming as the bigger ones, working well in my rc18
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.