View Full Version : Spektrum DX3C lipo?
MrGearing
16-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi there does anyone know if you can get a lipo for the DX3C as I've just watched the new horizon hobbys video for the DX4S and you can remove the battery tray and install a lipo. As I've put in 4 new AA battery's and it never fills the battery on the display, it's not affecting anything it just bugs me lol. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Aaron
OneKiwi
16-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Don't get a lipo you will fry your radio.
Use a LiFe 6.6V battery, cheap from HK lasts for ages and easily charged on your normal charger if you have LiFe option, most do
mark christopher
16-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Don't get a lipo you will fry your radio.
Use a LiFe 6.6V battery, cheap from HK lasts for ages and easily charged on your normal charger if you have LiFe option, most do
that would be against brca general rules, so you could not use it at any brca club level all the way to national level. you are not allowed to exceed the manufactures recomended voltage recomendadtions in this case 6 volts.
Robby
16-01-2013, 11:27 PM
I've been using "Energizer Ultimate Lithium" AA batteries in my radio for quite a while now, and the set I have in there now have been in about a year - and the radio still reads full (or almost so) voltage.
They cost a little more, but are well worth the investment.
cutting42
17-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Another vote for LiFe batteries. I use them on my Futaba 4PL which originally used 4 AA batteries. Last forever and I can charge them on my Core UAC50.
cutting42
17-01-2013, 12:55 AM
that would be against brca general rules, so you could not use it at any brca club level all the way to national level. you are not allowed to exceed the manufactures recomended voltage recomendadtions in this case 6 volts.
Can't speak to Spektrum but Futaba have a LiFe cell option under a Futaba part number and there is not voltage recommendation except that the handset will sound a warning if the battery voltage is over 8 volts.
MrGearing
17-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Ok cheers guys might just go get some energiser lithiums because I'm hopefully doing the short course nationals this year, many thanks for the ideas Aaron
Robby
17-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Ok cheers guys might just go get some energiser lithiums because I'm hopefully doing the short course nationals this year, many thanks for the ideas Aaron
Can't highly recommend them enough. :thumbsup:
Personally I don't like relying on a rechargeable pack, because while it's convenient to recharge when you're not racing they "can" leave you high and dry at a big race.
Meanwhile, other then the fact the energizer lithiums lasting literally forever, if they do go down you can always pop in a fresh pack of them (I keep some cheap alkalines in the pitbox for emergencies) quickly at the track.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.