View Full Version : Personal transponder
chris68nufc
17-01-2013, 10:44 PM
What's the latest on PTs?
I really need to change my original AMB PT as its tatty, I've got an MRT PT as a clone and it's great, really small and fits nearly anywhere.
Do I get mine sent back for a new AMB transponder or are the MRT ones still good to get?
I heard a rumour that the MRT ones won't work with a new version of AMB software??
Surely the BRCA wouldn't do this as there must be hundreds of people with MRT clones?
Cheers!
MattW
17-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Current situation in a nutshell:
All AMB transponders still work - the VERY latest one doesn't work with the old decoders.
The MRT's don't work with the very newest Mylaps (AMB) decoder firmware.
As to who has / will update to the very latest mylaps decoder, who knows - you'd need to ask individuals I guess.
BBK and Mylaps currently have a "trade in offer" for any old ones, or MRT ones to go to the newer transponders.
mikeyscott
17-01-2013, 11:06 PM
My Harry PT is similar size to MRT.
I traded in mine due to my PT seeing better days.
I'd trade in for a Harry even more now due to the uncertainty of who is using what.
Silverstone and other Mid South clubs are moving to RC4, so we have to consider it too.
Andyp
18-01-2013, 12:18 AM
I think the best thing to do Chris is to trade both your transponders in for the Harry type.
You would then get two new transponders that are very similar size to the MRT ones and also be able to use them with both systems? I'm not sure of the situation of our club as to if they plan to upgrade anytime soon but I would guess you will come across a track sometime this year that has
Will the national tracks be using the new system this year? (Maybe that info is somewhere but I have not seen?)
chrispattinson
18-01-2013, 11:04 AM
How can identify if my transponder is a Harry or not?
You can see my transponder in at the bottom left of this picture, just ....
mark christopher
18-01-2013, 11:07 AM
harry
bigred5765
18-01-2013, 12:33 PM
harry if i remember right harrys and percy come with no lugs on and are smaller the old amb do even though most cut em off
chrispattinson
18-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks Mark / Carl.
Have you been hiding under a rock for the last few months?;)
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113675
http://www.facebook.com/groups/455453997830893/
mark christopher
18-01-2013, 02:53 PM
purcy has red white and black wire..
Cuboidnoise
19-01-2013, 11:46 AM
so is this one a harry or purcy? Its very confusing???
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/maximus3d2000/582526_10151353140968537_144146708_n_zpsb10d9b8d.j pg
Harry
so is this one a harry or purcy? Its very confusing???
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/maximus3d2000/582526_10151353140968537_144146708_n_zpsb10d9b8d.j pg
bigred5765
19-01-2013, 12:41 PM
harry as mark said purcy has 3 wires red black white harry has rounded edges and no lugs the older amb is larger squarer and three wires
see pics below
pic 1 old amb
pic 2 harry
pic 3 purcy
Cuboidnoise
19-01-2013, 02:02 PM
cheers, worries over. This should be stickied for idiots like me :thumbsup:
westie
21-01-2013, 09:38 PM
What's the latest on PTs?
I really need to change my original AMB PT as its tatty, I've got an MRT PT as a clone and it's great, really small and fits nearly anywhere.
Do I get mine sent back for a new AMB transponder or are the MRT ones still good to get?
I heard a rumour that the MRT ones won't work with a new version of AMB software??
Surely the BRCA wouldn't do this as there must be hundreds of people with MRT clones?
Cheers!
I'm in exactly the same boat chris, my amb is tatty and the mrt wires are starting to get abit dodge, just looked on the bbk site little bit pricey to update to Harry's :o
Oder what to do?
bigred5765
21-01-2013, 09:53 PM
rob at bbk does the trade in deal £42 quid if you trade in a old amb or mrt, which is what we did,
Rich D
21-01-2013, 10:49 PM
rob at bbk does the trade in deal £42 quid if you trade in a old amb or mrt, which is what we did,
When you trade in do you get the same numbers back ? I've got three MRT in total. Two of my mrt's share the same number as I have got two 2wd cars.
bigred5765
21-01-2013, 10:53 PM
When you trade in do you get the same numbers back ? I've got three MRT in total. Two of my mrt's share the same number as I have got two 2wd cars.
no amb cant and dont do clones every amb has a different number so as to not cause clashes, thats another benifit/downside to some,
since upgrading i have a new set of phone numbers in my phone, first name pt last name transponders:)
Rich D
21-01-2013, 11:04 PM
no amb cant and dont do clones every amb has a different number so as to not cause clashes, thats another benifit/downside to some,
since upgrading i have a new set of phone numbers in my phone, first name pt last name transponders:)
Ok cheers Carl :)
Andrew Twigger
21-01-2013, 11:14 PM
This looks like the daddy:
http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/uk_eng/Websites/B2C/rc/shop2/rc4_car_id
mark christopher
21-01-2013, 11:15 PM
no amb cant and dont do clones every amb has a different number so as to not cause clashes, thats another benifit/downside to some,
since upgrading i have a new set of phone numbers in my phone, first name pt last name transponders:)
Sorry karl thats wrong My laps can do clones of the same number but the donor number has to be a harry or purcy.
You can also order purcy with a number of your choice providing that number has not been used and have clones of that number.
bigred5765
21-01-2013, 11:17 PM
not what rob told me only purcy has a extra number u can add to identify each car
Rich D
21-01-2013, 11:19 PM
This looks like the daddy:
http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/uk_eng/Websites/B2C/rc/shop2/rc4_car_id
Trouble is as I understand it the Purcy rc4 only works on the latest decoders/firmware which most clubs don't yet have ? I think it's the Harry type that we need for club/regional racing. Harry will work on all decoders old and new. Please correct me if I've got crossed wires chaps.
Trouble is as I understand it the Purcy rc4 only works on the latest decoders/firmware which most clubs don't yet have ? I think it's the Harry type that we need for club/regional racing. Harry will work on all decoders old and new. Please correct me if I've got crossed wires chaps.
That's how I understand the total fiasco we currently have...
westie
22-01-2013, 06:13 AM
rob at bbk does the trade in deal £42 quid if you trade in a old amb or mrt, which is what we did,
So you get £42 for the one you trade in, or old pt plus £42?
Jason A
22-01-2013, 08:49 AM
So you get £42 for the one you trade in, or old pt plus £42?
You pay £42 and send your old pt in and get a new " Harry " which is future proof
I have 4 Harry's and never missed a lap and can race on rc2 or Rc4 Amb decoders
bigred5765
22-01-2013, 12:59 PM
as jason said old pt plus £42 CLICKY (http://www.bbksoftware.com/)
info is from bbk sofware site
MYLAPS RC4 Hybrid Direct Powered Transponder - aka Harry. out of stock, more expected 24 January 2013
20cm PTFE cable and Plug, connects to 2.6-16v power supply (3rd channel of Receiver). Fully compatible with all RC Decoders.
UK customers with UK addresses only
All about the RC4 and Harry transponder here (http://www.bbkrclive.com/2010/OffroadEurosWarmup/RC4System.pdf).Harry with a unique 7 digit number engraved on the case.1 Harry (clip not included)£76 3 Harry + 3 clips + P&P£227 (£75.67 each)Mail order only* 6 Harry + 6 clips + P&P£442 (£73.67 each)Mail order only* 10 or more Harry + clips + P&P£71.50 each Mail order only* Trade in any transponder on the right. Old style AMB Personal Transponder, MRT RC Transponder (including old style) or Harry with a broken wire. You can also trade in the Rechargeable Transponders for £45 each by mail order only.http://www.bbksoftware.com/ambrc/pictures/TradeInTransponders.JPG1 Trade in Harry (clip not included)£42** 10 or more Trade in Harry (clip not included) + P&P£38 eachMail order only
O look Harry with a unique 7 digit number engraved on the case
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.