PDA

View Full Version : Thick newbi needs help


jenky
18-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Bought a s/h dex410 with is awesome. Everything ready to go just had to fit my own radio gear. Got a s/h dx3 and reciver.
Put them in tonight but the car will only run forward, when I try to reverse it locks up like a brake but no reverse.

No idea what I'm doing and have no idea were to start.

Has a 100a trackstar esc fitted but don't have a program card for it and no idea about changing setting as this is the first modern car I've had.

Only ever had the old tamya with a sevo speed controller.

About to give up lol and cry.

K-Brewer
18-01-2013, 10:27 PM
It's probably set to forward an brake only, would just need to change settings on the esc using the programme card
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14631__Turnigy_TrackStar_ESC_Programing_Card.htm l
Is this the programme card?

jenky
18-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Sadly don't have one :(

K-Brewer
18-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Sorry mate I thought u had one, check tinternet for manual an u can try doing it using ur handset, I find its hard this way tho so may b easier to buy the programme card

jenky
18-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Cheers mate will have a look now.

Chrisfoster1971
18-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Or just leave reverse off. At least you'll be used to it and not accidentally crash into someone else whilst racing. Most clubs will allow reverse, but personally I'd leave it off to avoid damage.