PDA

View Full Version : When it's too snowy to take cars out....


Maxbashing
19-01-2013, 10:56 PM
As the weather has prevented any RC fun I have got the spray booth out again.

Here is the first of this weekend's efforts. All being well I will update with two more tomorrow! This is a Phat body Truggy shell for my mini 8ight.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626/Maxbashing/6B23F0C2-D59A-4D00-BDBF-70E6EAFADFFF-9474-00000F7D1C9169A4.jpg

Maxbashing
20-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Here they are

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q626/Maxbashing/96b07073b913d4ca963eb550ef7000eb.jpg

kaylon
22-01-2013, 07:18 PM
These are very nice mate... I totally gotta get a new compressor... :D

J

Maxbashing
22-01-2013, 08:07 PM
These are very nice mate... I totally gotta get a new compressor... :D

J

These were all done with cans! While I love the control of an airbrush cans are so much quicker.

racingdwarf
22-01-2013, 08:12 PM
when not spraying shells, young max can be found tagging railway bridges around Norwich,;)

mtbd500
23-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi Max...
Good job on the shells, i was suprised to read they were done with cans, they have the grunge/bitty design look. Do you fancy doing a touring car shell for me?, if so give us a quote, nothing fancy, just 2 tone. I don't think i will be able to do any painting in this weather for a few months, i waited a month for a dry day to do my associated shells and gave up in the end and done them leaning in a tin shed on a rainy day, it's already come back to bite me as the paint ran round the window and has now flaked. I believe i may have dried it too rapidly with a hairdryer ?. .

Maxbashing
23-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi Max...
Good job on the shells, i was suprised to read they were done with cans, they have the grunge/bitty design look. Do you fancy doing a touring car shell for me?, if so give us a quote, nothing fancy, just 2 tone. I don't think i will be able to do any painting in this weather for a few months, i waited a month for a dry day to do my associated shells and gave up in the end and done them leaning in a tin shed on a rainy day, it's already come back to bite me as the paint ran round the window and has now flaked. I believe i may have dried it too rapidly with a hairdryer ?. .

No worries mate, you cover the costs of the materials and I'll get it sorted. Can't just do boring two tone though have to think of something a bit more inventive than that!! What colours are you thinking??

Maxbashing
23-01-2013, 07:42 PM
when not spraying shells, young max can be found tagging railway bridges around Norwich,;)


I'm way to old and slow for that! I defo couldn't run away from the police these days.

mtbd500
24-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Something roughly similar to this pink one would be good as i have pink and white paint already or the blue one is what i have always wanted, let me know what you think?

racingdwarf
24-01-2013, 02:21 PM
spray can challenge:D

Maxbashing
24-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I have never done anything that detailed but I am willing to give it a go (i make no promises though). I'd have said that the blue and yellow one would actually be easier than the pink..

order these and I'll sort it

Yellow
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/body-shells/fast-finish-paint/yellow-glow-261.html
Light Blue
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/body-shells/fast-finish-paint/267-rally-blue.html
Dark blue
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/body-shells/fast-finish-paint/264-royal-blue.html
Silver
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/body-shells/fast-finish-paint/269-spa-silver.html

and you said you already had white.

Mesh mask for the effect on the blue
http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk/shop.php?more=46
Liquid mask- This should be enough to do the shell
http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk/shop.php?more=19

Oh and I have taken the liberty of choosing flat blue rather than metalic as I don't like the metalic paint.. If you want to could replace the light blue with a metallic one..

eoghan.c
27-01-2013, 12:19 AM
oooo good work good to see someone doing a good job with just a can theses days :D:D