View Full Version : Rental Car(s)
Cremegg
21-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Guys
Was scanning through the old posts the other day and came across a post regarding the idea of rental cars (mad rats I remember)
Did this go ahead? It's just I've got a friend who's interested in started but would like to try it first.
Thanks
Si Coe
21-01-2013, 04:35 PM
We do have some rental cars I think. Rog has a few lurking around that can be used as such - 4wds with basic motors and NiMH's. Not going to set the world alight but enough for an idea.
coleman758
21-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Rogers cars are most likely going to put people off haha!!
The race controller
21-01-2013, 05:23 PM
The club has a new Master Smacker and a used Academy but the cells are now totally useless.
I was hanging on until we got our electrickery back so we could charge up before a Sunday with a timer or something.
Cremegg
21-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi guys
My thanks for that, if they batteries are dead that shouldn't be too much of a problem as I could get hold of some
How much would they be to rent and would this include a radio?
And also, (on a separate note) as I am also new and it will be my 2nd time in feb, how much will it bee for fees? BRCA membership and meet day?
Cheers
Si Coe
21-01-2013, 06:58 PM
3 meetings before you need BRCA, but Rog will know the costs. Your first meeting is free, and since this is really your first meeting as the last one never officially happened (and was free anyway) I'd say you shouldn't have to pay. But then they don't put me in charge of money for a reason!
The cars have radios etc, in theory they are ready to go but as pointed out the cells they had are some ropey old NiMH's that haven't been used in years so might not work.
I'm not sure that a cost for using them was ever really set, except for standard 'you break it' rules.
Cremegg
21-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Ok thanks for that Si
My mate is planning on getting the mat rat RTR from model sport for £109 so that's why he wants to have a go first then get the mad rat if he likes it
I was going to buy the membership from the brca website but I left it until the next meeting. £16 looking at the site now
If Roger could get back to me regarding a rental price that would be great.
Thanks
Howler
21-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I think the plan has always been to loan them out for free for first timers.
I have some NIMH packs with tamiya connectors on for my lunchbox if those are any use. Depends on the ESC connection i suppose.
rapidrubberwill
21-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I'll be there on the 3rd I have some Tamiya plugged nicads and spare
2.4 gh radio if you need any let me know I can bring it
Cremegg
21-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys
That would be really good if its for free, if not, he said he wouldn't mind paying :thumbsup:
If this was to happen, would he need to bring batts for the transmitter?
rapidrubberwill
21-01-2013, 09:07 PM
You would need 8aa battery's apart from that just use it. its a wheel not sticks
Cremegg
28-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi
Is it still ok if you bring the batteries and trans on Sunday for my mate who's coming on Sunday?
And are the rental cars at the track or does someone have them?
Thanks
rapidrubberwill
28-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah no problem I found three batteries and ill bring the radio
Si Coe
28-01-2013, 08:24 PM
They live with Rog the Race Controller, so can be brought to most meetings if you ask him first.
Cremegg
28-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Ok thanks Si
Will he see the post on here or shall I private message him?
Si Coe
28-01-2013, 09:53 PM
He'll probably see it here but PM to be sure.
Cremegg
30-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Shall I come and see you on Sunday? Or roger?
Thanks
Si Coe
30-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Well Rog will be the one bring the car, but I can sort out getting stuff running if you need.
Cremegg
30-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh ok, yes if you could help please that would be great
It's my mates first time but once he's shown he'll get the hang of it
Shall I ask for you on Sunday?
Thanks again
Si Coe
30-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Yes, just ask.
Or look for the car with the most red alloy bits on it.
Cremegg
30-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Ok thanks
Are you Si *******?
And are you a fellow Italian? Haha
Si Coe
30-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes, and my dad is, but I can't speak a word.....
Cremegg
30-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Haha me too, my dads Italian and I only know the swear words :p
I'll see you on Sunday
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.