View Full Version : Racing Sunday 27th of January !!!
Steven Forster
23-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Racing on as usual 6-10pm, also may have a few more new racers coming to the club to see why we are the "BEST" indoor buggy club in the north east ;)
See you all there :thumbsup:
chrispattinson
24-01-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't make it this week ..... unfortunately, there will be a few of us missing, as it is the Schumacher Indoor Masters this weekend.
beasty boys motorsport
24-01-2013, 02:38 PM
and i'll be lying on a beach :p
be back next sunday tho :thumbsup:
Steven Forster
24-01-2013, 03:19 PM
will still be plenty of other people racing ;)
RichieZXR
24-01-2013, 03:19 PM
hopefully my son and I will be there !
scott
24-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Davo 2wd
Tyler 2wd
Scott 2wd
Dean-Ross 2wd
Jimbo 2wd
Ryan 2wd
Chris 2wd
chris68nufc
24-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Tbh....I think it will be an ideal night to have a look at the running of the club etc....make sure there's a good track lads!!!!
corkyjohnson75
24-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Ok boss !!!
dpackster1980
24-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll be there, I might run the 410 after its rebuild to make sure its ok.
RichieZXR
24-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Handy... Perhaps I can get a close look at it ;)
nobby
26-01-2013, 10:39 PM
What time do the doors open?
Is it 6pm?
Steven Forster
27-01-2013, 01:08 AM
What time do the doors open?
Is it 6pm?
Yeah chris, doors open 6pm-10pm ;)
RichieZXR
27-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Just got back in, and would like to say a big thank you for making us feel so welcome, Nathan was full of it on the way back.... Alas his mechanic let him down tonight as we had a number of issues... 1) a deceased servo 2) 20 year old perished tyres 3) track rod end ball fell out (thread locker sorted it) and 4) terribly setup by me ! Thanks Nobby for sorting the camber out for us !!!! The car is a long way off being right though and alas I am clueless... I drove em as a kid but never fixed em ! A big thank you to the lad who borrowed us the servo, I will bring it back next week.
Now then next question do I buy myself a 410 or an Sx3 :)
See you next Sunday
Richie
nobby
27-01-2013, 10:51 PM
410 no question about that.
chrispattinson
28-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I think which ever you pick, there is plenty of support for both brands both in the UK, and at our club.
If it was my choice, would go SX3 if two second hand models were available at the same price.
Consider Chris' (Nobby) comment above, as he has had both cars.
You won't make a bad choice with either of those.
N7ELA
28-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I think which ever you pick, there is plenty of support for both brands both in the UK, and at our club.
If it was my choice, would go SX3 if two second hand models were available at the same price.
Consider Chris' (Nobby) comment above, as he has had both cars.
You won't make a bad choice with either of those.
Unlike you to sit on the fence Chris...?
In my opinion a Durango is an aggressive car which takes alot of setting up and I know lots of people (including Chris Pattinson) who has sold them after a couple of months for similar reasons.
I think the best 4wd cars for new starters, beginners or people who just want to turn up and race are Schumacher SX3 or K1, an associated B44 or .1 / .2 etc, a tamiya 502, 511 or even a Durga.
nobby
28-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I would agree with Neil about the Durango being an aggressive car, and a challenge to set up, but I do think it's the faster car once it's set up.
I really didn't enjoy the sx3, but the new Schumacher does look a lot easier to work on.
There are quite a few b44.1 going up for sale ATM with b44.2 coming out.
RichieZXR
28-01-2013, 10:37 PM
I bought an old 410R with alloy hangers etc etc 110 posted.... I don't mind aggressive :) I cannot even get the younguns sx3 setup so the 410 should be interesting.
Need to slacken his rear diff and tightened the front they are both fully tensioned at the mo...
Chris your 410 is awesome to watch I think you were being held up a bit tonight ;)
chris68nufc
28-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Richie.....just wait until you see the fast lads next week.....then you will want a K1!!!
AfroP
28-01-2013, 11:43 PM
I bought an old 410R with alloy hangers etc etc 110 posted.... I don't mind aggressive :) I cannot even get the younguns sx3 setup so the 410 should be interesting.
Need to slacken his rear diff and tightened the front they are both fully tensioned at the mo...
Chris your 410 is awesome to watch I think you were being held up a bit tonight ;)
Change the postion of the Eccentrics for the diffs, so that they are either higher or lower(cant remember exactly which is which, but it does mention it in the manual)
The front belt should be fairly tight with a bit of slack on the rear belt.
The biggest difficulty with the 410 is trying to fit everything in, there is very little space to place with, so your choice of electric gear and the positioning of it and your cabling can be a bit difficult and frustrating to get your head round
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.