View Full Version : PT Trade In
mikeyscott
23-01-2013, 11:10 PM
People,
As you are probably aware various other clubs in the Mid South region are offering PT Trade ins to be compatible with the the RC4 decoders.
Therefore TORCH will be accomadating PT Trade ins for members at a discounted price.
Therefore can we have an indication of what people are wishing to trade in for:
Harry or Purcy?
Purcy will only work on RC4 decoders, but if you only intend to race at TORCH then you'll be covered, although I know Silverstone are changing, with others talking about it too.
Purcy will be the cheaper option for those wanting the low cost / local option.
If you're a crazy fool like some of us travelling to various other tracks and you have a MRT - trade in for a Harry will be my recommendation.
TORCH will be upgrading after some long and hard discussions with other clubs, BBK and so forth. We aim to provide a date and prices by end of Friday evening. Our aim is to make the transition as smooth as possible for TORCH members.
I'm not here a debate about the rights and wrongs of an upgrade and for those that already have had this debate with me. No I don't have shares in My Laps!
chuckie stella
23-01-2013, 11:26 PM
REMEMBER IF YOU ARE RACING AT THE MID SOUTH REGIONALS, SILVERSTONE CHANGE ON 01/03/2013 AND THE FIRST REGIONAL DATE IS 10/03/2013 AT SILVERSTONE.
Mikey, we discontinue our club offer on 01/03/13, we change to RC4 01/04/13 after our regional meetings have passed.
Anyone racing ANY EVENT at Silverstone (other than club nights from 01/04/13) will not need to be concerned about our software change/update until our 2013/14 WS starts 08/10/13.
Thanks,
Matt
mikeyscott
23-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Mikey, we discontinue our club offer on 01/03/13, we change to RC4 01/04/13 after our regional meetings have passed.
Anyone racing ANY EVENT at Silverstone (other than club nights from 01/04/13) will not need to be concerned about our software change/update until our 2013/14 WS starts 08/10/13.
Thanks,
Matt
Apologies Matt, I'll ammend
chuckie stella
24-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Apologies Matt, I'll ammend
No worries at all, my friend. This whole situation is confusing everyone in one way or another, more ME than most :lol:
Paul Bee
24-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Therefore can we have an indication of what people are wishing to trade in
I'd be looking to trade my old AMB for a Harry if there's a club deal to be had please.
Paul
shaun m
24-01-2013, 07:32 AM
I'd be looking to trade my old AMB for a Harry if there's a club deal to be had please.
Paul
same as paul , i have 3x mrt's that id like to trade for some harry's please :thumbsup:
Briangb
24-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi Mikey.
I would like 2xHarrys in place of 1X MRT, AND 1X AMB.
I will send a confirmation e-mail this evening.
Many thanks. Brian
dibble34
24-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Can someone clarify which pt's will no longer work as I have the older amb with the 3 lugs
Cheers
bluedakar
24-01-2013, 09:09 AM
So even if I just race at TORCH I need a new PT?
Can someone clarify which pt's will no longer work as I have the older amb with the 3 lugs
Cheers
Hi Dave
Your existing 3 lug AMB will work with the new RC4 decoder to the same level of accuracy/reliability as they currently do. So unless you have any counting issues there is no need to upgrade.
I've currently got a very old 3 lug AMB (must be at least 7 or 8 years old and been in a lot of cars) which did have a couple of issues at one event last year so I'm going to take the opportunity to upgrade it plus I've got a MRT which will not work so that will need to be upgraded as well.
Mike - can you please add me to the list for 3 x Harrys to replace two AMB and one MRT.
Thanks
Rob
mikeyscott
24-01-2013, 09:58 AM
So even if I just race at TORCH I need a new PT?
What PT do you have? A black or red one?
bluedakar
24-01-2013, 10:11 AM
What PT do you have? A black or red one?
mrt and old amb 3 lug.
So even if I just race at TORCH I need a new PT?
Can someone clarify which pt's will no longer work as I have the older amb with the 3 lugs
Cheers
Guys
In case Mike is too busy to get back I'll try and clarify.
You only need to upgrade if you are running a MRT as these will not work with the RC4 decoder.
All AMB transponders will work with the RC4 - so that is the original 3 lug ones, Harrys and Purcys. There are apparently benefits to the later ones in terms of strength of signal (and a few added features on the Purcy) but if you are running the original 3 lug now you will see no difference with the new decoder.
The Purcy transponders will only work with the RC4 decoder so if you go to a club that has not upgraded a Purcy will not work.
HTH
Rob
mikeyscott
24-01-2013, 10:21 AM
mrt and old amb 3 lug.
AMB will work fine.
RE the MRT and only racing at TORCH I am aware and working on that.
Details to be confirmed Friday
Crazy L
24-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Guys
In case Mike is too busy to get back I'll try and clarify.
You only need to upgrade if you are running a MRT as these will not work with the RC4 decoder.
All AMB transponders will work with the RC4 - so that is the original 3 lug ones, Harrys and Purcys. There are apparently benefits to the later ones in terms of strength of signal (and a few added features on the Purcy) but if you are running the original 3 lug now you will see no difference with the new decoder.
The Purcy transponders will only work with the RC4 decoder so if you go to a club that has not upgraded a Purcy will not work.
HTH
Rob
Cheers Rob, that is as clear as possibly can be.
wylie
24-01-2013, 11:23 AM
HI,
I thought this was voted on at the AGM? & there seems to be no mention of cost? is it free?
Matt Butcher
24-01-2013, 11:26 AM
can you please add me to the list for 3 x Harrys to replace one AMB and two MRT.
mikeyscott
24-01-2013, 11:36 AM
HI,
I thought this was voted on at the AGM? & there seems to be no mention of cost? is it free?
No it is not a free upgrade for the decoder as we are using an old one. Costs dramatically change if we do nothing.
Cost of PTs to the membership base, this is to be discussed Friday and confirmed/published.
Why has it come back up, because the landscape / goal posts have changed. Not just because of regional events etc.
I could say, sort yourselves out lads we aren't getting involved re trade ins and so forth, but far from it we are trying to maintain that balance.
wylie
24-01-2013, 11:46 AM
HI,
I thought this was voted on at the AGM?
dibble34
24-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info Rob. Wylie has a point though we did vote not to at the AGM, or at least i thought we did? Who has the minutes?
HI,
I thought this was voted on at the AGM?
Hi Tony
This was discussed at AGM under AOB but as details were a bit sketchy at the time there was no actual vote on anything. Action was for Mike to investigate.
We have a committee meeting tomorrow night so I'll make sure we agree a clear statement on what we are doing and why and get it on here either Fri night or Saturday depending what time the meeting ends.
Cheers
Rob
Cammers
24-01-2013, 03:25 PM
This is all news to me, where have I been :confused: So what I can make out is there was talk about a new AMB system and mrt's would not work with it. Didn't fancy this as only just bought 2 MRT's last year.
And now we are changing :confused: and thats it and if you dont like it to bad? and its going to cost members more money! :mad:
As I said just bought 2 MRTS last year so if they dont work then all I can say is " Not going to clocking up many laps"
makinwaves
24-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I know I haven't been racing much recently but this news is a bit of a shock. Like Cammers I have nice shiny MRT PTs in my cars (all 3 of them) and now i'm faced with a bill for 100's of pounds to upgrade again?!
Sorry if i'm late to the party but is this due to a software update? And why is it necessary if the old system was working OK.
Before anyone shoots me down, no i'm not a club member yet this year and with my 7 month old baby I don't have a lot of time to come racing anymore but these are just my thoughts as a racer who really enjoys TORCH when I can get there!
Just don't need more expense if it can be avoided.
Cammers
24-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Just been on Sloughs web site, thats Remote world model car club, A 1/8th BRCA national track. They are not upgrading, so can I ask why is Torch doing it or considering it?
I dont normally get to involved in some of these threads but when it comes to forking out £126 to change my transponders I wont to have my say
SteveB
24-01-2013, 08:07 PM
All
In simply terms we the committee will make the best possible decision for the members/racers at Torch, there are many challenges involved with making a sound decision that's keeps everyone happy. I will ensure you that we act in the best interest of the hobby and the racers at Torch
Thanks Steve
Dr_UpGrade
24-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I know I'm not a torch member, but perhaps some of you Torch guys would like to see what "A well respected organiser of events" (and I do quote) has said on a thread over on the SHRCCC section...
"As a race director I hate MRT!"
And...
"As others know I'm working on things behind the scenes, talking with other clubs, racers, BRCA and BBK"
Yet it seems has failed to even mention it to Torch members?
The full thread is here if you'd like to read it in full context...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119209&page=4
I think it makes some 'interesting' reading about maybe personal bias affecting a 'clubs' response to this situation... But make your own minds up...
Getpip
24-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Mark
I know you are not happy about the pt situation and can understand how you feel.
Those that know me know I'm always keen to save a quid so I'd rather not be burdened with this extra expense. Unfortunately however there is an inevitability about this that will need to be faced at some point.
I am, as a TORCH member and knowing of the wider financial implications for our club, satisfied that our committee and Mike specifically is doing its best to make the transition as painless as possible for the members.
We just need to make the best of a bad situation buddy.
RudeTony
24-01-2013, 11:52 PM
I know I'm not a torch member, but perhaps some of you Torch guys would like to see what "A well respected organiser of events" (and I do quote) has said on a thread over on the SHRCCC section...
"As a race director I hate MRT!"
And...
"As others know I'm working on things behind the scenes, talking with other clubs, racers, BRCA and BBK"
Yet it seems has failed to even mention it to Torch members?
The full thread is here if you'd like to read it in full context...
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119209&page=4
I think it makes some 'interesting' reading about maybe personal bias affecting a 'clubs' response to this situation... But make your own minds up...
Mark
Why are you targeting your comments towards Mikey.
All he does is think of the racers out there.
You carry a signature of SHRCCC and as far as I know you have never raced at TORCH!!!
Why are you on this thread making bad waves against one of their committee members and organisers?
Lets leave it there eh!!
Dr_UpGrade
25-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Dear Tony,
Hang on a minute, let me try to understand this...
So because the likes of you (and others) have raced at SHRCCC, it gives the 'right' to post on 'our' section on the forum giving your opinions on a topic that I think should be decided club by club.
Yet when I relay those discussions on a TORCH thread-for the help and benefit of TORCH members (whom it appears to me) didn't even know that TORCH had already made their decision, (not to mention that from what I read from this thread, it was something that was even 'voted against' at your AGM); I'm "not allowed" because I've not raced at Torch.
On 'our thread' I said it was a public forum, so everyone is entitled to their opinion...
Sorry, but I am just a bit worried that these issues have been decided behind closed doors, I'm just trying to find out what and why in a clear open unbiased manner, for the benefit of EVERYONE...
RudeTony
25-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Mark
I have no problem with you or anyone else voicing opinions and so on but you are directing your dislikes towards Mike from TORCH.
Without trying to offend you, you clearly don't know everyone but yet accuse of behind the scenes talks and so on.
Committees and Organiser don't normally come of forums to update racers of different standards yet you seem to want to critic that.
As for whether I can post, i will leave that to others to comment BUT not on this thread .....
Last comment from me Mark....
Please don't knock good people and from the last thread on the SHRCCC section and now on here, I think you must of realised the likes of Mike are good people. Please lets leave it at that
HOTSHOT III
25-01-2013, 08:23 AM
I'm not currently a club member and have 2 MRTs i'd like to trade in for "Harry" transponders.
Can someone advise me of the total cost of doing this, including club membership, so I can decide whether to do it this way or go direct through BBK Software which will cost me £84 plus postage.
Like a lot of people on here I purchased my MRTs very recently and so am not exactly over the moon about this, but please people do not direct your anger at TORCH, they're trying to save us all some money in light of what is basically a monumental ballsup by various transponder/timing gear manufacturers.
Northern Monkey
25-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Can someone advise me of the total cost of doing this, including club membership, so I can decide whether to do it this way or go direct through BBK Software which will cost me £84 plus postage.
Hi Alex, if you wait until the guys have finalised what they are talking about tonight I'm sure everything will be made clear tonight/tomorrow :thumbsup:
You racing Sunday?
Al
Dr_UpGrade
25-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Dear Tony,
I am not trying to 'carry on' here but I do feel the need to explain myself as it seems you (and others) don't understand where I'm coming from...
Unlike some (or so it would seem) I do not take offence easily, and yes you are right, I don't "know" anyone here. I've come back to this hobby after a gap of 27 years (a couple of years back). This lack of knowing is at least part of the reason why I've been asking people to let me know what they've been saying, to whom "behind the scenes".
I fully accept that you (and others) don't agree with my view, but the initial 'dismissal' of my concerns kinda struck a chord with me. Especially as these were wrapped up in a tone of 'we know more than you'. Yet everywhere I look on your section and SHRCCC I see disgruntled members talking about it.
Again, I know you disagree with me, but to me, something as big an upset that this situation 'could' be, is something that each clubs membership should have a say on (in my opinion). Yet when you dig a little it appears as tho' certain things have 'already' been decided without members involvement. Like I said right at the start on the other thread, as I see it, clubs are there for their membership and not the other way around. I've not been accusing anyone of behind the scenes talking, that was a quote from what 'someone' said themselves that they had been involved in...
I maybe wrong but to me when things are said like I quoted before about 'arrangements' with BBK etc and 'dislike' of MRT, I have to ask if MRT were involved in any discussions too to try to solve this. It appears not, again, as I know nothing, I ask why not talk with MRT too? As yet no-one has replied...
I fully agree its a bad situation Pip, I just don't understand why or how things have been decided as quickly as they apparently have without trying to consult 'everyone'...
I hope for us all that whatever happens, we don't lose racers and club members.. As this (and ALL of us) is what makes this hobby...
Good luck...
HOTSHOT III
25-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi Alex, if you wait until the guys have finalised what they are talking about tonight I'm sure everything will be made clear tonight/tomorrow :thumbsup:
You racing Sunday?
Al
I don't know if I can make it down on Sunday as I have other less interesting things that need finishing this weekend:thumbdown: but one way or another i'll be back soon.
Thanks for the info:D
RudeTony
25-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Dear Tony,
I am not trying to 'carry on' here but I do feel the need to explain myself as it seems you (and others) don't understand where I'm coming from...
You will find that many want to discuss and debate any matter but just no need to pick out individuals, especially as you don't know them
Unlike some (or so it would seem) I do not take offence easily, and yes you are right, I don't "know" anyone here. I've come back to this hobby after a gap of 27 years (a couple of years back). This lack of knowing is at least part of the reason why I've been asking people to let me know what they've been saying, to whom "behind the scenes".
In my personal opinion, its absolutely nothing to do with you.
You do not belong to the club nor do you race there and therefore nothing to do with you at all.
If the club make stupid decisions then they will suffer because of it as recently proven to other clubs.
TORCH are lucky enough to have very clued up personnel that is why they are doing well
I fully accept that you (and others) don't agree with my view, but the initial 'dismissal' of my concerns kinda struck a chord with me. Especially as these were wrapped up in a tone of 'we know more than you'. Yet everywhere I look on your section and SHRCCC I see disgruntled members talking about it.
I have never said I don't agree with you.
What I don't agree is the target against good personnel of any club.
Neither of these sections are my sections.
I race at all the clubs as well as supporting them and so on
Again, I know you disagree with me, but to me, something as big an upset that this situation 'could' be, is something that each clubs membership should have a say on (in my opinion). Yet when you dig a little it appears as tho' certain things have 'already' been decided without members involvement. Like I said right at the start on the other thread, as I see it, clubs are there for their membership and not the other way around. I've not been accusing anyone of behind the scenes talking, that was a quote from what 'someone' said themselves that they had been involved in...
I do not know every conversation between club Chairmen, Secretaries and their members nor to I actually care.
You seem to want to know all that and I cannot see a logical reason.
May i then suggest you become a member and voice your opinions at their committee meetings where any member can attend.
So many people have all these strong opinions (not necessarily you) but none go to the meetings to voice a good argument.
Typing on the keyboard is all too easy these days.
TORCH have a meeting tonight i believe. You're not there!!!! :)
Maybe pop up at TORCH this Sunday and we can have a cuppa and talk about your concerns - Get your buggy out too!!!!
chuckie stella
25-01-2013, 09:06 PM
If the club make stupid decisions then they will suffer because of it as recently proven to other clubs.
TORCH are lucky enough to have very clued up personnel that is why they are doing well
:thumbsup:
Scotty
25-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Mmmmmmmmm Popcorn :thumbsup:
SteveB
25-01-2013, 10:02 PM
All
We have now closed this thread as this is no longer contributing to the original point raised. Rob Warren will announce tomorrow our decision on next steps.
Please communicate any other points through the PM service.
Thanks Steve
mikeyscott
26-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Following last nights meeting, please see the thread here:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120470
eyeayen
26-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Hey Mikey - Torch Crew, I've seen the other thread... willing to join and trade in my never used MRT transponder to get a Harry through the club... However looking at all the stickies here and also the club website I can't see a joining fee at all, I know it used to be there.
Can you confirm how much it is and I'll bring the money along with my MRT unit.
mikeyscott
26-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey Mikey - Torch Crew, I've seen the other thread... willing to join and trade in my never used MRT transponder to get a Harry through the club... However looking at all the stickies here and also the club website I can't see a joining fee at all, I know it used to be there.
Can you confirm how much it is and I'll bring the money along with my MRT unit.
Ian
Should be. Leave it with me.
M
Jonnyboy
27-01-2013, 08:32 PM
And me mike let me know where you need the cash I hope to be back next week and start up again
mikeyscott
29-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Remember
[email protected] for trade in details, first batch have arrived (well not quite, sat at the post office..., but I'll collect in the morning).
First 10 will be sent back this week and we hope to then have a further 10 inbound for Sunday.
MRT trade ins are for Harry PTs, we are not trading MRT/AMB for Purcy at this stage.
mikeyscott
31-01-2013, 07:55 PM
1st batch delivered
2nd batch ordered and hopefully with me Friday/Saturday ready for Sunday and then batch 3, 4 etc...
mikeyscott
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Remember
If you wish to be on the trade in list please email
[email protected]
Also this is open to only club members
For details, please read this again - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120470
mikeyscott
07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=content/transponders-2013-110th-road-nationals/19616
RC4 for the nationals.
mikeyscott
13-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Decoder was tested the other weekend and I can confirm MRTs don't work.
The Harry PTs produced good signal strength
Extra info displayed in BBK but I need to re look at this.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.