PDA

View Full Version : turnigy trackstar motors


grimidol
24-01-2013, 10:09 PM
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23358__Turnigy_TrackStar_5_5T_Sensored_Brushless _Motor_6069KV.html
Anyone used these arw they any good ?

cigbunt
24-01-2013, 10:14 PM
edit i didnt click the link...

i was talking about these...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21955__Turnigy_TrackStar_13_5T_Sensored_Brushles s_Motor_3040KV.html

bargain but not brca legal, comes with a balance wire as well!
well worth the ££

Snelo
25-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I got one of these to test them out due to there price.

A very good motor with adjustable timing and runs cool. Pace seems spot as not noticed any drop in performance. If anything it has improved.

Obviously not on the BRCA lists however would recommend as a cheap option for club racing.

mattr
25-01-2013, 07:05 AM
I've got a couple of the red ones (top link) in use, 6.5 and 8.5 (4wd/2wd). For the money you can't go wrong. Neither of them has missed a beat in the 3 months i've had them. Not done much experimenting with settings or anything, but they run just as well as the expensive motors that i replaced (i basically wanted something a bit slower and more predictable for indoors).
And they run plenty cool as well.

Last year i was running a couple of the ones in your second link (an 8.5 and a 10.5 IIRC) they were also both very good.
The 10.5 i still have but don't tend to use, the 8.5 i melted thanks to an oversize DEX210 gear diff, I got it up to 135 degrees C before the glue between the rotor and shaft melted!! (I still went out and bought more of them!)

mpg200
25-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I had a silver 10.5 arrive yesterday, Might test it at the weekend.

metalmickey0
25-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I had a silver 10.5 arrive yesterday, Might test it at the weekend.
I got one of the 8.5t in my buggy and its awesome. Much faster than the 8.5t hobbywing motor i ran in it before.

gixxer
29-01-2013, 05:38 AM
I've got a 10.5 and its been fine well worth the money

grimidol
31-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks guys got it Tuesday used it that night works really well alto of power