PDA

View Full Version : Practice Day / Evening


Dudders
25-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi

It's been requested if we can hold an additional practice day/evening for existing and all the new people that have started at Surrey and Hants recently.

This can be done, however before only 4 turned up.

So of you wish to discuss either an additional Sunday or week night and decided then go for it.

It will be PRE PAYMENT IN ADVANCE to make certain of numbers.

Discuss and let me know dates and I'll confirm.

Neil

GeorgeC
25-01-2013, 09:33 AM
I would be keen for this, I could do most nights in the next two weeks so whatever suits.

grobson1970
25-01-2013, 09:34 AM
i'm up for a practice ,weekends are not an option for me but any evening is good as long as my wife is not working .

Gary

Dudders
25-01-2013, 09:40 AM
A Tuesday?

GeorgeC
25-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I could do next Tuesday (29) but not the following (5th feb)

racer11
25-01-2013, 10:00 AM
It would be great to do it!! But I can't do Mondays and Fridays so Tuesday seems good!!

grobson1970
25-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Tuesday is good 4 me

Gary

GeorgeC
25-01-2013, 10:14 AM
would earlier on on Thursday be possible? So a few hours practice before the normal program starts?

Kelk
25-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I could do next Tuesday - would give me an opportunity to test the SCT for a shake down.

I couldn't ever get to the circuit earlier i.e. pre-race days as I couldnt leave work in time.

jlucas
25-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Tuesday once every 4 weeks would be good

grobson1970
25-01-2013, 10:34 AM
every 4 weeks would be good :thumbsup:

Kelk
25-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Tuesday once every 4 weeks would be good

Gets my vote too

racer11
25-01-2013, 11:54 AM
every 4 weeks would be good :thumbsup:

Yup same here :)

grobson1970
25-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi Neil ,

Are the fees still the same for practice ?.

Gary

Duncan
25-01-2013, 04:45 PM
tuesday is good for me:thumbsup:

gwesty
25-01-2013, 07:40 PM
If it helps I could come down and help out set ups etc ?

Dr_UpGrade
25-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Glenn,
Thanks... I personally think that could/would be a big draw! I'd really like you to try mine for a bit and provide feedback as to what you think could improve it...

gwesty
25-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Yeah for sure no problem . Either then or anytime were track side .

Dudders
25-01-2013, 08:11 PM
We'll try and keep them very low, maybe £5 non members, £3 members?

TARTMAN
25-01-2013, 08:16 PM
would be a great idea. once a month is ideal for a practice nite, maybe more frequent in the summer.

Glenn, Great idea re set ups etc. some of the newer/younger racers would benefit as would oldies like me.:p

keith501957
25-01-2013, 08:26 PM
me & lee up for it too tuesdays ok

keith501957
25-01-2013, 08:32 PM
me & lee up for tuesdays

jlucas
25-01-2013, 09:10 PM
If it helps I could come down and help out set ups etc ?

EXACTLY!!!!!

Dudders
25-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Ok, so I'll see what I can sort out for the first Tuesday of each month. However if the following Thursday night race attendances suffer we'll have to scrap it or start charging the same flat rate for race and practice sessions. Let me see what I can sort out.

Broken
25-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I would be up for that, I need all the track/driving time I can get. That as well as working out how my car (when I get one) handles and getting a setup for it. Assistance in help with this would be much appreciated as I am new to all of this.

Ability to turn up would be dependent on date/work.

Kelk
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Is this still on for tomorrow? I want to shake the SCT down and get some laps in to get used to it myself

I know Keith and lee James are up for it at least and some others were talking about it

Dudders
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Sorry guys, not had chance to sort this yet. Should fine for March :bored:

Kelk
04-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Looks like I've been sold a Dud ;) :o :mad:

Dudders
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
No chance, I'm priceless!

absolute alignment
12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Can we please have a look at a practice evening or Sundays again for next month maybe? I am happy to pre book if needed to ensure numbers. I also have a 10 year old who wants a go but I don't want to risk everyone else's cars at a full race meeting.

Kelk
11-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Hi guys,

Has there been any decision on a practise nig? There are 3 iminent competitions (SC Nationals and the Silverstone & SHRCCC regionals) and I'd love the opportunity to test the buggy with mini spikes :eek: and just get some track time with the truck

The race nights are great but we get so little time to adjust / fettle and then re-run the cars, that race prove tricky to do this

In other words...

Dear Jim,

Please can you stop kiddy fiddling and fix it for me to get a practise session?

Dudders
11-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Spoke with the big boss today when I paid the rent and she is coming back to me with 'one off night' costs. Hope to hear tomorrow and then we can pencil it in.

Kosmickid
11-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Spoke with the big boss today when I paid the rent and she is coming back to me with 'one off night' costs. Hope to hear tomorrow and then we can pencil it in.

Perfect. Will be me hoping to run and my brother with his relic Predator X10 and possibly my cousin as well, so 3 potential new members for you.

Dudders
12-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys.

This is good to go :)

The cost will be £7.00 non members and £5.00 for members.

There will NOT be timing unless one of the race directors is present and he is happy to set it up etc etc. If any committee members wish to set up the laptop we can show you how to do it.

When do you want the first session to be?

Kosmickid
12-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Awesome I'm in. When are you proposing it for?

absolute alignment
12-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Count me and rob in with our losi'

Broken
13-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I will be there if I am not working.

grobson1970
13-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Im up 4 it ,my car may get to see the track more then once a month :thumbsup: ,As my wife always seems to be working thursday race nights:(.
Hope it works so we(you)can keep it an on going thing !.

Dudders
13-03-2013, 10:15 AM
26th? Week Tuesday?

Kelk
13-03-2013, 10:17 AM
I might be able to make the 26th :)

Kosmickid
13-03-2013, 10:51 AM
26th is good for me...

Dudders
13-03-2013, 11:10 AM
That's the day after the AGM.

Please supply me a list of names if you're in.

lee rc
13-03-2013, 11:20 AM
count us in :thumbsup:
lee james
keith james

Dudders
13-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Please add your name:

lee james
keith james

Kosmickid
13-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Tuesday 26th March

lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo

grobson1970
13-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Tuesday 26th March

lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson

Broken
13-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Tuesday 26th March

lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson
Mark Ashton
Chris Dear

Kelk
14-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Won't be able to confirm till next Wednesday so I'll update then

racer11
14-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Tuesday 26th March

lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson
Mark Ashton
Chris Dear
Alex Howe

Duncan
17-03-2013, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=racer11;756249]Tuesday 26th March

lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson
Mark Ashton
Chris Dear
Alex Howe
Duncan Nattress

Kelk
17-03-2013, 07:12 PM
lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson
Mark Ashton
Chris Dear
Alex Howe
Duncan Nattress
Chris James (all being well)

Vrg1
17-03-2013, 11:23 PM
lee james
keith james
Sam Sagoo
Gary Robson
Mark Ashton
Chris Dear
Alex Howe
Duncan Nattress
Chris James (all being well)
Stuart McCabe

Dudders
23-03-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759028#post759028

grobson1970
10-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Will there be a practice evening this month ?
I really could do with a night where i can just play with the settings on my car