View Full Version : 13MM Sintered Tuning Rotor
delanobe
02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Do some of you guys have any experience with this tuning rotor?
Thanks for the feedback.
Cheerz
jim76
02-07-2008, 12:24 PM
i run one in my 5.5 for 4wd. not quite as aggressive under acceleration as a 14mm, but winds up to a higher top end. Ideal for slightly slippy or damp tracks where you don't need as much punch. Or long tracks where you need a little extra top end.
delanobe
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm asking because I would like to replace the rotor of my Novak 6.5L so is the new rotor noticable?
Thanks
Chris Doughty
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I believe to maintain legality of your motor, the Rotor should be from the same manufacturer as the can.
Novak in Novak
LRP in LRP
Nosram in Nosram
it would be worth checking the BRCA website and the EB rules
delanobe
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
It's a tuning rotor from Novak for Novak motors. The site also says that it's BRCA legal.
I'm looking to buy a spare rotor, that's why I ask ;)
jim76
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
the 6.5L already has the torque reduced compared to the standard velociti. So unless you really struggle to get power down then i'd stick with the standard 14mm.
If you race on a particularly flowing long track then maybe go to the 13mm.
does someone have one you can try first?
_sleigh_
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I believe to maintain legality of your motor, the Rotor should be from the same manufacturer as the can.
Novak in Novak
LRP in LRP
Nosram in Nosram
it would be worth checking the BRCA website and the EB rules
Chris is right regarding the EB rules.... :thumbsup:
I've not personally seen the rotor from a Novak BL, but I suspect that if the "L" series still run the 14mm rotor then it must have a slightly larger shaft within the magnet area, thus reducing the quatity of magnetised material.
Anyway.... as Jim76 says the smaller rotor the smoother the power delivery and the more RPM's. I have a feeling the smaller rotors also get a tiny bit warmer too.
Wraggy
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
not sure if i have a rogue rotor then but the 6.5 L and 6.5 R had the same dia rotor in them ??? measured on calipers identical dia
I think wraggy is correct, i thought the L series had a thinner gauge wire which would make it less "punchy" and reduce torque :confused:
The rotor should still be the same:thumbsup:
jim76
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Lee is right, the Light motors have thinner wire in them so create less torque. Better bet would be a standard velocity with a 12.5mm rotor. Less punch than normal, but higher RPM!!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.