View Full Version : c-hub on C4.1
Toyman
30-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Has anyone tried c-hub (rear hubs + carbon C-tower) on C4.1?
What effect does it have on handling?
rctech guys recommend it for B4.1 for high grip (i.e. astro) conditions, but I wonder whether the effect is similar on mid-motor?
neallewis
30-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Has anyone tried c-hub (rear hubs + carbon C-tower) on C4.1?
What effect does it have on handling?
rctech guys recommend it for B4.1 for high grip (i.e. astro) conditions, but I wonder whether the effect is similar on mid-motor?
I had them with the Avid A/C carbon tops, but ran on the A position on the C4.1, as i'm mostly running on low grip tracks. I got shunted hard and the carbon part splintered and snapped, so i replaced the entire hubs with the AS9730 hubs: http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-associated/b4-1/rear-hub-carriers.html which offer far less play.
Given the geometries are similar, I'd say the effect was the same. faster? no idea. Most people I see run the plastic hubs now.
Toyman
30-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks! I am currently running RPM plastic hubs and I am pretty happy with them.
It seems there is no point in getting alum. hubs just to run c-hubs.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.