View Full Version : 2013 rallycross nationals - HELP
jimmy
31-01-2013, 01:39 PM
2013 Nationals
Ok guys, can anyone give me the heads up on the 8th buggy nitro (rallycross) nationals?
The BRCA website is sub-par, in fact, it's shit. So can someone tell me more about the events - they're all 2 day now, correct?
I rang the first club on the list to enquire about taking my battered old motorhome and they couldn't give me an answer. So - in terms of planning, it looks like the 8th nationals are a tricky one.
I've already contacted and confirmed to take our motorhome to all 10th off road nationals - no problem.
Can anyone help? I'd like to possibly try and cover all the rallycross series for the first time - and do a proper job of it. I have only been to MMRX since it's local to me, but none of the others on the list (Maybe Coventry, I'm not sure).
I want to make sure I can camp in my motorhome and also have a decent enough position to be able to report from without walking 5 minutes to the track. If anyone's in contact with all the 2013 clubs and can help organise it then I would be very thankful.
These things are awesome to photograph and now I've got the time, I'd like to try and give 8th buggies the coverage they've lacked for so long - with proper race reports that are interesting and informative - and funny.
jimmy
31-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Actually, looking at the dates - the first round clashes with our oOple series - so that's a no-go. Rd3 at my local track Wakefield clashes with the Belgian GP - so I'm not sure which way I'll go as yet on that one.
The rest should be fine from what I can see.
Someone must be god-of-all and be able to help me out here, pretty please. These 8th clubs have no idea who I am and probably think I'm a bellend wanting priority access or somet. :P
thorny97
31-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Jimmy
Here are your dates taken from brca website
April
20th - 21st
BRCA 1:8 Rallycross National (R1)
Herts
May
17th - 19th
EFRA - Euros A Warm Up (GP)
France
June
7th - 9th
EFRA - 1:8 Rallycross Euros B
Italy
15th - 16th
BRCA 1:8 Rallycross National (R2)
Coventry
29th - 30th
BRCA 1:8 Rallycross National (R3)
Wakefield
July
8th - 13th
EFRA - 1:8 Rallycross Euros A
France
20th - 21st
Reserve date if required
TBC
27th - 28th
EFRA - 1:8 Rallycross GP
Germany
August
3rd - 4th
BRCA 1:8 Rallycross National (R4)
Bromsgrove
September
7th - 8th
BRCA 1:8 Rallycross National (R5)
Slough
21st - 22nd
Reserve date if required
TBC
We race 8th as well but not nationals due to us racing alot of 1/10th this year as well. There should be no problem you taking a camper van, some of the big teams have camper vans i.e. Nemo Racing. People also take vans and caravans, you will be fine.
All Events are 2 days long, qualifying saturday, and a round sunday morning, followed by all finals.
Hope this helps
thorny97
31-01-2013, 02:51 PM
the 8th scene is crying out for someone to report to the level you do.
jimmy
31-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks mate - I know pendle was really tight for space but I'm assuming all these clubs have a decent bit of space? I'd probably turn up Friday - just be good to ask each club if it'll be OK I guess.
Chris-S
31-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Herts, Slough, Coventry and Wakefield all had plenty of space this year. Not sure about NRC though.
Worth giving the clubs a call to reserve a space.
thorny97
31-01-2013, 04:16 PM
NRC is tight for space, but at the TMSC regional there last summer there was over 90 drivers, some with campers, carvans etc. They just made people with cars move them into a different field
jimbot
01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
2013 Nationals
Ok guys, can anyone give me the heads up on the 8th buggy nitro (rallycross) nationals?
The BRCA website is sub-par, in fact, it's shit. So can someone tell me more about the events - they're all 2 day now, correct?
I rang the first club on the list to enquire about taking my battered old motorhome and they couldn't give me an answer. So - in terms of planning, it looks like the 8th nationals are a tricky one.
I've already contacted and confirmed to take our motorhome to all 10th off road nationals - no problem.
Can anyone help? I'd like to possibly try and cover all the rallycross series for the first time - and do a proper job of it. I have only been to MMRX since it's local to me, but none of the others on the list (Maybe Coventry, I'm not sure).
I want to make sure I can camp in my motorhome and also have a decent enough position to be able to report from without walking 5 minutes to the track. If anyone's in contact with all the 2013 clubs and can help organise it then I would be very thankful.
These things are awesome to photograph and now I've got the time, I'd like to try and give 8th buggies the coverage they've lacked for so long - with proper race reports that are interesting and informative - and funny.
I run the club that holds 1st round have had no one ring me, the shop will have all information for round 1 end of FEB once the club has planed the event.
club fact sheet on brca site http://brca-rallycross.co.uk/articles/venues/2013/BRCA%20R1%202013%20-%20Herts%20Factsheet.pdf
There is a charge for camping by our landlord this is to cover rubbish clearing every year we get 2+ skip loads!
Regards
Jim
jimmy
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
The contact number for the club IS the shop? Anyway, as it turns out I can't come to rd1 :(
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.