PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Turn Brushless Motor, what ESC spec?


Knewbie
03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Hello all,

I'm after some pointers/suggestions on selecting a suitable ESC to power a brushless 2.5t motor, either tekin/speed passion.

I'm not after anything fancy in regarding of features, it just has to be man enough to power it in a forward motion :)

Thanks!

imull
04-02-2013, 08:09 PM
The KO BMC claims a 2.5 limit as long as you use the fan. The Tekin RS pro will run it as it's their motor!:thumbsup:

I assume that there is a SP that will meet the job.

Knewbie
05-02-2013, 06:59 PM
The RS pro is far too pricey for what I want to do, but no doubt a top bit of kit.

I'll look up t'other one cheers!

Col
05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
The cheaper you go, the lower turn limit (generally)
You'll need to spend reasonable money to get down to 2.5turn

SiTrace
05-02-2013, 07:55 PM
The speed passion alternative to the rs pro is the reventon pro, its found new as cheap as £99 del on ebay but it's only rated for 3.5t brushless motors and above.

The question is why on earth would you need to run a 2.5T?:eh?:

Knewbie
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm curious to see how fast I can get a vintage buggy chassis to go just for the hell of it.

peetbee
05-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm curious to see how fast I can get a vintage buggy chassis to go just for the hell of it.

Depending what it is then you may only be looking at a number of inches before the gearbox dies!
In that case I hope it's one you can get parts for :o

racingdwarf
05-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm curious to see how fast I can get a vintage buggy chassis to go just for the hell of it.

:woot: errm how vintage? i have a boss cat, and an optima I wouldn't dream of getting a 2.5 anywhere near them. tbh unless the track is slick a 2.5 whould give modern drive systems a run for their money.

SiTrace
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Depending what it is then you may only be looking at a number of inches before the gearbox dies!
In that case I hope it's one you can get parts for :o

I agree with Pete, 2.5T and vintage got to be a recipe for disaster!!

metalmickey0
07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree with Pete, 2.5T and vintage got to be a recipe for disaster!!
Ditto on that. So how many peices would you like your buggy sir :o

gixxer
08-02-2013, 12:02 AM
To save you the trouble I put a 3.5 in a b4 and got just over 55 mph out of it info gained with a GPS tracker

Lee24h
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
I put a 5.5t motor in my car for one practice soon went back to a 8.5t for the rest of the evening

Knewbie
20-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Depending what it is then you may only be looking at a number of inches before the gearbox dies!
In that case I hope it's one you can get parts for :o

I have 'lots' of spares:blush:

It's traveled a good 12 feet down the passage way withought misshap, so touch wood...

Knewbie
20-02-2013, 06:56 PM
I agree with Pete, 2.5T and vintage got to be a recipe for disaster!!

maybe, but that wasn't what I was asking in the opening post........

SiTrace
20-02-2013, 07:36 PM
The speed passion alternative to the rs pro is the reventon pro, its found new as cheap as £99 del on ebay but it's only rated for 3.5t brushless motors and above.

The question is why on earth would you need to run a 2.5T?:eh?:

I also answered your question about speed passion esc options.

Col
20-02-2013, 07:42 PM
It's traveled a good 12 feet down the passage way withought misshap, so touch wood...

:lol: